Page 80 of 157 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2354

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Feels strange to have it be an ongoing, how long can this specific concept even maintain itself? And despite it being marketed as different spiders working together the way it's described feels more like it'll basically just be a Peter book with random spiders as supporting characters every few issues. I mean "Chosen Spider" when Peter barely associates with totem lore or even the multiverse in general is a bit much, like on paper there's importance but in practice there's no real meaning or weight to it. And did anyone at all even want Morlun to comeback? Spider-Geddon essentially removing the Inheritors completely should've been the end of him. Also Spider-Zero better be involved in all this or I'll be severely disappointed.
    Considering the writer they might end up feeling like more of the main characters .

Ultimate Member

Final Order Cutoff is this weekend.....

What If Miles Morales trade is listed.

As is a new printing of Sci Fu by the writer of Miles as Thor issue...

Looks like somebody got a sales boost for a new printing of a book that should still have copies of the first run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Miles appears on some variants for Edge of Spider-verse #1:

He doesn't seem to actually be appearing in the mini series though. He's likely being saved for the main event.
    Any idea about who's the female spider in front of the Hellfire Gala's announcement?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Any idea about who's the female spider in front of the Hellfire Gala's announcement?
    I don't know. She could be the Spinstress, a new spider character who will be introduced in issue #4.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Feels strange to have it be an ongoing, how long can this specific concept even maintain itself? And despite it being marketed as different spiders working together the way it's described feels more like it'll basically just be a Peter book with random spiders as supporting characters every few issues. I mean "Chosen Spider" when Peter barely associates with totem lore or even the multiverse in general is a bit much, like on paper there's importance but in practice there's no real meaning or weight to it. And did anyone at all even want Morlun to comeback? Spider-Geddon essentially removing the Inheritors completely should've been the end of him. Also Spider-Zero better be involved in all this or I'll be severely disappointed.
    It'll probably just consist of the first arc and then move on to some other storyline once Morlun is dealt with.

If i remember right Morlun escaped the other Inheritor's fate and just, got locked up in prison, thats a little strange but alrighty lol.

However Morlun leading a new group of villains could be a nice change from the last 2 Spiders V Inheritors events

Astonishing Member

I don't know. She could be the Spinstress, a new spider character who will be introduced in issue #4.
    Maybe... It looks like a spider version of a Disney Princess to me.

According to the solicits, that's pretty much what she is

SPIDER-HAM! SPIDER-MOBILE! SUN-SPIDER! SPINSTRESS! You know the first two, but you may not remember the Amazing Sun-Spider who debuted in 2020's SPIDER-VERSE miniseries as a winner of our Spidersona contest! She gets her own story here! And Spinstress is a brand new Spider-Princess who sings, talks to a spider and kicks villainous butt! And the writers of the Broadway smash hit COME FROM AWAY are bringing her in for a landing!

Astonishing Member

According to the solicits, that's pretty much what she is
    I wonder which Disney Princess would fit on a Spider-Suit.

She does remind me of Tiana (the heroine of The Princess and the Frog).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiana_..._and_the_Frog)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

SPIDER-HAM! SPIDER-MOBILE! SUN-SPIDER! SPINSTRESS! You know the first two, but you may not remember the Amazing Sun-Spider who debuted in 2020's SPIDER-VERSE miniseries as a winner of our Spidersona contest! She gets her own story here! And Spinstress is a brand new Spider-Princess who sings, talks to a spider and kicks villainous butt! And the writers of the Broadway smash hit COME FROM AWAY are bringing her in for a landing!
    When we look back at this era of Marvel comics we are going to be so embarrassed at the sheer amount of terrible variants. At some point editorial needs to put the breaks on this stuff and if that means being the bad guy and hurting the writers feelings so be it. There should only be Peter, Miles, Jessica and a Teen girl with Spider powers(Gwen is from another reality and has way too much baggage to integrate into the main universe,) Miguel is from the future so he is fine.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    When we look back at this era of Marvel comics we are going to be so embarrassed at the sheer amount of terrible variants.
    Well that's true of most things. I don't really see people talking about The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan or Clue Club but people still know Scooby Doo and Mystery Inc.
    The best stuff (hopefully) rises to the top to continue on, but it does take a bit of experimentation to see what sticks.

BANNED

Spoilers are out for What If...Miles Morales

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/the-...es-5-spoilers/

spoilers:
    God...even more cringe from Thorales
    end of spoilers

lol. Well, it looks like we'll see some cool stuff from our Miles at least.

Incredible Member

When are they going to drop that sweatshirt look for Miles…. The new costume looks good without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Spoilers are out for What If...Miles Morales

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/the-...es-5-spoilers/

spoilers:
    God...even more cringe from Thorales
    end of spoilers
    Please don't give it a nickname. Also The Hollywood Reporter has taken notice of this now. Here is a taste of the article and here is a link
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com

The progress of Miles’ other media depictions are ones I hoped to see implemented in Miles Morales comic book appearances, a versatility in his personality, in his ability to tackle things Parker wasn’t even aware of, and a versatility in his powers, which in the comics have too long relied on the Venom-Blast power as a one and done move that have made his battles mostly boring. But so far, Marvel Comics hasn’t learned from those lessons. All the while The Amazing Spider-Man has remained Marvel’s superstar book with some of the top writers and artists in the business delivering Peter Parker’s story bi-monthly and utilizing all of the best Spider-Man villains. Too often it feels that Miles is treated to Peter Parker’s leftovers since he entered the 616 universe, sharing the title of Spider-Man but getting half the attention. Of course, that changed a couple weeks ago, though not in the way anyone wanted.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest