Page 135 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2354

It's so funny that we're eleven years in and we still don't know what comics Jeff does for a living. At this point I'd almost just say he's retired after his SHIELD work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    It's so funny that we're eleven years in and we still don't know what comics Jeff does for a living. At this point I'd almost just say he's retired after his SHIELD work.
    I've always viewed him as a househusband.

He was a city planner or architectural designer in 1610 after he did that 1 job for Ultimate Fury. In 616 he's a retired S.H.E.I.L.D. operative after doing a couple of tours. Don't think they kept the civil servant work though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, Gwen can barely hold her own series and they just throw gimmicks at her. She may as well be in Miles' supporting cast at this point.
    I wasn't too thrilled when Kamala got reduced to a side character in ASM. I don't think I'd be any happier if she just became that in MM:SM, same with Gwen. It kinda feels wrong to see a protag reduced to a partial role. I wouldn't mind them interacting more but I would want it to be on equal terms or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've always viewed him as a househusband.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    He was a city planner or architectural designer in 1610 after he did that 1 job for Ultimate Fury. In 616 he's a retired S.H.E.I.L.D. operative after doing a couple of tours. Don't think they kept the civil servant work though.
    Last job related thing I remember from Jeff is, I think, a single panel with him walking down the street wearing a suit carrying a briefcase.
    I wasn't too thrilled when Kamala got reduced to a side character in ASM. I don't think I'd be any happier if she just became that in MM:SM, same with Gwen. It kinda feels wrong to see a protag reduced to a partial role. I wouldn't mind them interacting more but I would want it to be on equal terms or something.
    Kamala being a side character in ASM is so strange to me. It's not like she can't hold a solo, her show has already aired, and her movie appearance isn't until mid next year. There's really isn't much reason for her to not have her own book at the moment, unless Dark Web is affecting her somehow.

Fantastic Member

Last job related thing I remember from Jeff is, I think, a single panel with him walking down the street wearing a suit carrying a briefcase.

Kamala being a side character in ASM is so strange to me. It's not like she can't hold a solo, her show has already aired, and her movie appearance isn't until mid next year. There's really isn't much reason for her to not have her own book at the moment, unless Dark Web is affecting her somehow.
    You'd think that but unlike Miles, Kamala was diminishing returns when they had Saladin take over her book as well and as much as Miles's fans didn't like some of the changes he made the same could be said for Kamala's fans as some of the stuff he added wasn't well liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    You'd think that but unlike Miles, Kamala was diminishing returns when they had Saladin take over her book as well and as much as Miles's fans didn't like some of the changes he made the same could be said for Kamala's fans as some of the stuff he added wasn't well liked.
    I remember people not being fans of Saladin's writing for Kamala, but I never imagined it was that dramatic of an effect. I guess it really shows what one writer can do for a character, but in the opposite manner than usual.

Kamala does have a Dark Web tie-in. Incidentally, that's where Miles gets involved, he doesn't have a tie-in of his own! So he's supporting cast to HER, even though it's a Spider-Man event and he's a spider and she's not.

Hopefully afterwards she'll get something more long term. If they're not going to give her another solo, at least bring back Champions!

The way I see Miles and Kamala's relationship, is that she's his best friend in the superhero community - like Ganke is in his civilian life. But that relationship is entirely platonic. Remember Sitting in a Tree? Miles missed a Champions meeting (the issue Gwenpool guested in, Champions #5) because he was off world, on Earth-65, with Gwen. Kamala later showed up in the crossover to check up on him, concerned for his welfare. The weird thing is, when the team was recruiting new members later (Champions #16), she forgot that she'd met Gwen! Everyone, Kamala included, laughed when Miles suggested that the alternate universe Spider-Woman join them, apparently they didn't believe she existed (everyone else mentioned in that issue did end up joining them during Jim Zub's run). I guess Waid didn't know that Bendis and Latour had used Kamala in SIAT?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-27-2022 at 05:14 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kamala does have a Dark Web tie-in. Incidentally, that's where Miles gets involved, he doesn't have a tie-in of his own! So he's supporting cast to HER, even though it's a Spider-Man event and he's a spider and she's not.

Hopefully afterwards she'll get something more long term. If they're not going to give her another solo, at least bring back Champions!

The way I see Miles and Kamala's relationship, is that she's his best friend in the superhero community - like Ganke is in his civilian life. But that relationship is entirely platonic. Remember Sitting in a Tree? Miles missed a Champions meeting (the issue Gwenpool guested in, Champions #5) because he was off world, on Earth-65, with Gwen. Kamala later showed up in the crossover to check up on him, concerned for his welfare. The weird thing is, when the team was recruiting new members later (Champions #16), she forgot that she'd met Gwen! Everyone, Kamala included, laughed when Miles suggested that the alternate universe Spider-Woman join them, apparently they didn't believe she existed (everyone else mentioned in that issue did end up joining them during Jim Zub's run). I guess Waid didn't know that Bendis and Latour had used Kamala in SIAT?
    That was weird because they seemed to think he made up his "alternate universe girlfriend," When Kamala made it awkward by giving Gwen the girlfriend talk lol.

Fantastic Member

I agree, something close to Elektra in DD i figure? Or Luke in any Iron Fist comic and vice versa?

I remember people not being fans of Saladin's writing for Kamala, but I never imagined it was that dramatic of an effect. I guess it really shows what one writer can do for a character, but in the opposite manner than usual.
    I've come to the conclusion i haven't been a fan of Saladin's writing at all, he's just not good at making character beats drive his plots, everybody he writes seem to come out of his story-arcs kinda the same as they went in, just a feeling i get...

Fantastic Member

Was thinking about something today, and i'm positive this topic has come up at some point, but maybe something might have developed: As it pertains to ARCH-ENEMIES, a nemesis, a green-goblin, a joker, a lex luthor, does Miles have something resembling that already?

Is anybody in position to potentially fill out that role? Does anybody at marvel seem to care?
    I'm thinking a bad guy like that would have to be not only iconic, but actually status-quo altering to have a shot, like when ultimate venom killed Rio, not that i thought it was earned, but i did enjoy, if anything, the fact it was a bold marquee event in Miles' life.

Anyhow, wondering if anyone else has ideas for introducing a new(or old) arch nemesis that can become synonymous with Miles, and not just more ASM deep cuts or rehashes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    Was thinking about something today, and i'm positive this topic has come up at some point, but maybe something might have developed: As it pertains to ARCH-ENEMIES, a nemesis, a green-goblin, a joker, a lex luthor, does Miles have something resembling that already?

Is anybody in position to potentially fill out that role? Does anybody at marvel seem to care?
    I'm thinking a bad guy like that would have to be not only iconic, but actually status-quo altering to have a shot, like when ultimate venom killed Rio, not that i thought it was earned, but i did enjoy, if anything, the fact it was a bold marquee event in Miles' life.

Anyhow, wondering if anyone else has ideas for introducing a new(or old) arch nemesis that can become synonymous with Miles, and not just more ASM deep cuts or rehashes.
    Initially it was Uncle Aaron as The Prowler.
    But the last few years The Assessor was his main baddie.
    Followed by Selim.
    The upcoming comic, it will be Rabble.

Uncle Aaron probably fits the bill, but the nature of the Ultimate universe meant they don't really do "recurring villains" so he was dead after the 1st fight. In 616 he's pretty much converted from the life of crime with a few back doors open if some writer needed to return him to an antagonistic state.
    I don't think the Assessor fits what you're looking at but I do like the dynamic it has with Miles. Interested in Miles only for experimentation. Concerned mostly with fulfilling service contracts for clients and since it lacks a physical body, using powerful muscle to tangle with Spider-man, like Quantum or the clones.
    I think you could get real good stories out of Adrian Toomes or Lori Baumgartner (The other half of the bombshells) especially playing into the connection Morales shares with Tiana and Lana.
    Rabble seems to more Norman/Dr ock type. A villain to both Miles and Spider-man, personal stakes etc. over say the likes of Tomoe who was just business focused.

Incredible Member

Ifeel like it SHOULD be Ultimatum, but i don't think he'll ever live up to his full potential because that would have to include a storyline involving the Ultimate Universe but Marvel doesn't seem interested in letting Miles have an real connection back to his native home beyond super vague allusions that don't matter to anything or anyone EXCEPT those who have been reading Miles' story since the beginning.

I don't think any villain has quite hit that effective sweet spot like Aaron did.