Page 149 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2354

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    spoilers:
    Savage Avengers vol.2, in stores everywhere!
    end of spoilers

Yep. Its a great run too.

Fantastic Member

The word is Insomniac's Spider-Man 2 comes out in the fourth quarter of 2023, the movie comes out mid summer and should be the summer's hottest ticket, now would be the perfect time for marvel comics to get their sht together and come up with a plan to capitalize on some spicy stuff for Miles to rake in new fans through the cross-media spotlight he's getting next year. That second monthly or a casual friendly mini-series is looking pretty inticing right about now.

EDIT: link for the confirmation https://www.ign.com/articles/marvels...s-in-fall-2023

yeah Miles should get a huge push in promotion next year in the comics but we will see. i dont remember what push he got for the original ITSV movie but hopefully next year he gets something
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    yeah Miles should get a huge push in promotion next year in the comics but we will see. i dont remember what push he got for the original ITSV movie but hopefully next year he gets something
    You could make a (weak) case for them not anticipating the reception of the game and the movie, but at this point it's established everyone expects it to be huge, its a frickin' Oscar winning franchise now lmao And the next game will be the most anticipated PS5 exclusive(?) yet, it would be asinine of them to ignore that in comics at that point

Incredible Member

Kinda a weird spot, it was the same year Bendis finished his run on Miles part way through 2018 so Miles was bookless for half the year, on the other hand, he also headlined Spider-Geddon that year, led his own Spider-Team and became Captain Universe.

His new run by Saladin Ahmed did debut a few days prior to ITSV releasing in theaters. And last but no least he was apart of Marvel's Spider-Man 2018 game, being a part of the story in a big way and even getting one of the game's after credit stingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    The word is Insomniac's Spider-Man 2 comes out in the fourth quarter of 2023, the movie comes out mid summer and should be the summer's hottest ticket, now would be the perfect time for marvel comics to get their sht together and come up with a plan to capitalize on some spicy stuff for Miles to rake in new fans through the cross-media spotlight he's getting next year. That second monthly or a casual friendly mini-series is looking pretty inticing right about now.

EDIT: link for the confirmation https://www.ign.com/articles/marvels...s-in-fall-2023
    I think they'll definitely do something for the movie, it could be argued that Spider-Geddon was for the first movie since Miles was essentially the mc (aside from the Otto stuff) for that event. ATSV even seems to borrow from the concept since it seems to be Miles against a faction of other spiders. I expect something of at least that level for the new movie, probably something Spider-Verse related. Maybe even a solo adventure like the Spider-Verse mini from 2019, but with a more cohesive plot.

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #4
    CODY ZIGLAR (W) • FEDERICO VICENTINI (A) • Cover by DIKE RUAN
    Variant Cover by RYAN STEGMAN
    Variant Cover by CHRIS BACHALO
    Timeless Scorpion Virgin Variant Cover by ALEX ROSS
    TIMELESS SCORPION VIRGIN SKETCH VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS

“TRIAL BY SPIDER” CONTINUES!
    Can MILES MORALES save everyone when he can’t even save himself?! RABBLE’s all-out assault has left SPIDER-MAN reeling, and he’s about to spin his last web.Miles can’t take much more…but Rabble’s just getting started.32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

They're really going all in on making Rabble the most dangerous foe Miles has ever fought up to this point.

Ryan Stegman variant:

Alex Ross variant:

Chris Bachalo variant:

Wow, what you're saying sounds so sensible that I'm thinking it won't happen to a certain degree. I don't see the comics side as capable of making a proper big push for a character they may low key see as Spidey 2.0. I point to the trash effort made for the What if series. Buy every book and there was just low energy, low concept and horrible execution. Miles has such amazing potential but Peter lovers are trying to bury it with adding another book for Peter every year seems like there a new Peter Parker Spider-Man book to one Miles. Why was he put in Champions to be a wallflower when he's the strongest character on the team. You're not gonna see a Teens Titans book with Gar as the leader.

P.S. guys please do something about Miles rogue gallery. Take fan suggestions for new ones if the paid writers are lacking the creativity.
    Last edited by dkrook; 12-16-2022 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #4
    CODY ZIGLAR (W) • FEDERICO VICENTINI (A) • Cover by DIKE RUAN
    Variant Cover by RYAN STEGMAN
    Variant Cover by CHRIS BACHALO
    Timeless Scorpion Virgin Variant Cover by ALEX ROSS
    TIMELESS SCORPION VIRGIN SKETCH VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS

“TRIAL BY SPIDER” CONTINUES!
    Can MILES MORALES save everyone when he can’t even save himself?! RABBLE’s all-out assault has left SPIDER-MAN reeling, and he’s about to spin his last web.Miles can’t take much more…but Rabble’s just getting started.32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Crazy how this is going to be the first arc we've had in years to go over four issues.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Wow, what you're saying sounds so sensible that I'm thinking it won't happen to a certain degree. I don't see the comics side as capable of making a proper big push for a character they may low key see as Spidey 2.0. I point to the trash effort made for the What if series. Buy every book and there was just low energy, low concept and horrible execution. Miles has such amazing potential but Peter lovers are trying to bury it with adding another book for Peter every year seems like there a new Peter Parker Spider-Man book to one Miles. Why was he put in Champions to be a wallflower when he's the strongest character on the team. You're not gonna see a Teens Titans book with Gar as the leader.

P.S. guys please do something about Miles rogue gallery. Take fan suggestions for new ones if the paid writers are lacking the creativity.
    I'm not the type to hope for the best when it comes to Spider-man editorial, but at least as a concept i'm moderately excited for rabble, she looks pretty nice visually and her motivations seem personal enough. As someone who did not enjoy Selim or Ultimatum, and found the Assessor to under-deliver in the last volume, i feel we might be in for a good one this time.

I still believe Uncle Aaron would be best as a reluctant villain, like blackmailed by some bigger baddie or just plain bad-guy with a soft spot for Miles and his family, it's ok to be evil and care for a few ppl, some of the best villains do, like Fisk.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    I'm not the type to hope for the best when it comes to Spider-man editorial, but at least as a concept i'm moderately excited for rabble, she looks pretty nice visually and her motivations seem personal enough. As someone who did not enjoy Selim or Ultimatum, and found the Assessor to under-deliver in the last volume, i feel we might be in for a good one this time.

I still believe Uncle Aaron would be best as a reluctant villain, like blackmailed by some bigger baddie or just plain bad-guy with a soft spot for Miles and his family, it's ok to be evil and care for a few ppl, some of the best villains do, like Fisk.
    As far as im concerned Aaron should stay benched for the forseeable future, he should not have returned as quickly as he did and should have been doing more than the nothing he was doing until Miles literally walked up to his doorstep. The place Bendis left him was such a cool first step to Aaron bettering himself, and I feel it was ultimately wasted, Ahmed truly went all in on Miles' family dynamic but the Aaron bit was not the right call.

And now he may be in the cycle Superior Spider-Man annoyingly ended up in going Bad-Good-Bad-Good-Bad everytime they want to bring him back, i can whine all day that Otto should have been the next Emma Frost, the next Venom, the next Hawkeye, Black Widow etc etc.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post

I wouldn't say that it's some deliberate effort to undermine Miles. Can Miles carry more than one book? What villains does he have? You can easily have Peter carrying multiple ones, because he's that popular and have that many side-characters.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    As far as im concerned Aaron should stay benched for the forseeable future, he should not have returned as quickly as he did and should have been doing more than the nothing he was doing until Miles literally walked up to his doorstep. The place Bendis left him was such a cool first step to Aaron bettering himself, and I feel it was ultimately wasted, Ahmed truly went all in on Miles' family dynamic but the Aaron bit was not the right call.

And now he may be in the cycle Superior Spider-Man annoyingly ended up in going Bad-Good-Bad-Good-Bad everytime they want to bring him back, i can whine all day that Otto should have been the next Emma Frost, the next Venom, the next Hawkeye, Black Widow etc etc.
    Yeah, my preference would be the one i aluded to, Aaron as a reluctant anti-villain, but that ship has sailed now. I'd see him return, whenever he does, in a story that puts him and Miles mostly at odds, but there is no reason to make him a full-on bad guy anymore anytime soon, lest he becomes as you have said, inconsistent. But one can dream of an arc or mini that takes Aaron to that iconic rogue/ally level, i guess all it takes is one really inspired go at it by a talented writer.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    I wouldn't say that it's some deliberate effort to undermine Miles. Can Miles carry more than one book? What villains does he have? You can easily have Peter carrying multiple ones, because he's that popular and have that many side-characters.
    That's one of the main reasons i'm so down on the current state of Miles' rogues, it hampers the possibilities of branching out in new directions without established main villains. You could have Peter face off against Norman, Otto, Symbiotes, Fisk etc. for the better part of a year and trust that, if written well, those baddies have iconic star-power to carry any extended arc if well written.

I see Miles with no such PROVEN foils yet, not saying Selim, Assessor and other original rogues were terrible, but IMHO none have starred in must-read arcs, except maybe Aaron. To me, My favorite Miles' stories have been the dimension hopping kind like the o.g. Spider-Men, Sitting in a tree etc. None have yet come in the type where im like ''wow, that story where that villain does that crazy plot/has that epic battle was awesome!''