Page 156 of 157 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157 LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2354
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    It's probably a big bastard because they used all the best genes from other Spiders to make an even better Super Spider than the one that bit Peter, lol.
    Ugh...Super Spiders are the worst, especially the ones in old 50's movies that grow to the size of Godzilla and terrorize the town. lol
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    I see what you all mean, i can dig it, nothing wrong with a little power creep making him unique, but hasn't anyone ever thought about ''ok, when is enough enough'' or would it be cool with most people that miles eventually becomes powerful enough to level a city or something?

Not saying it'll get to that(who knows, insomniac got pretty close) but it's just something i think about sometimes. Again, until now, i've had no problmes with his powers, just seeing their progression gets me thinking, is all.
    They could amp Miles up to be a electromagnetism manipulator that makes Magneto look like a refrigerator magnet and personally I wouldn't be bothered at all as long as he remained the kid from Brooklyn doing what he does because it's the right thing to do. Flash has problems because super speed is one of those powers that can only really be beaten by equal speed past a certain point. I just don't believe any power Miles has even taken to the most extreme levels would leave him without foes to take on as long as writers don't cop out and only have him struggle fighting stuff like average bank robbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    True enough, yeah. And I would add that the reason so many of these villains in Spider-Man's rogues gallery are potentially powerful enough to be threats to the whole Marvel Universe, yet don't actually utilize that potential, is that they're generally obsessed with killing Spider-Man. The few times they've diverted from that to focus on other goals or fight other heroes, they've proven surprisingly formidable to those heroes.
    Electro, Sandman, Hydroman, Doc Ock, and a few others could legitimately be Avengers villains if they had the ambition and weren't so obsessive.

It's probably a big bastard because they used all the best genes from other Spiders to make an even better Super Spider than the one that bit Peter, lol.
    Exactly why recreate it exactly when you can improve on it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    They could amp Miles up to be a electromagnetism manipulator that makes Magneto look like a refrigerator magnet and personally I wouldn't be bothered at all as long as he remained the kid from Brooklyn doing what he does because it's the right thing to do. Flash has problems because super speed is one of those powers that can only really be beaten by equal speed past a certain point. I just don't believe any power Miles has even taken to the most extreme levels would leave him without foes to take on as long as writers don't cop out and only have him struggle fighting stuff like average bank robbers.

Thats not even mentioning what wackiness he could also get up to if his Camouflage was "revealed" to actually be some kind of light bending, the possibilities are fun to think about.

Artwork by Tom Reilly:https://www.instagram.com/p/CmXSdtYuXrC/?hl=en

I really like that re-design, except for the yellow soles.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 12-24-2022 at 03:56 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Electro, Sandman, Hydroman, Doc Ock, and a few others could legitimately be Avengers villains if they had the ambition and weren't so obsessive.

Exactly why recreate it exactly when you can improve on it.
    See Ends of the Earth in Dan Slott's ASM run, where Doctor Octopus did upgrade himself and the rest of the Sinister Six into an Avengers-grade, worldwide threat, even exploiting the issue of climate change as a decoy for a plot that would have resulted in the entire planet being boiled past the point of survivability for the vast majority of humankind. Oh, and he even managed to subvert the Avengers with mind-controlling Octobots and make them his new Sinister Six to take on Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Very cool redesign there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Artwork by Tom Reilly:https://www.instagram.com/p/CmXSdtYuXrC/?hl=en

I really like that re-design, except for the yellow soles.
    Yellow lens are in huh? I like it. Spider kind of reminds me of Miguel's skull spider thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Yellow lens are in huh? I like it. Spider kind of reminds me of Miguel's skull spider thingy.
    They make a good addition, if not all the time maybe when he's using Venom like in this one.

Art by DebDraws:https://www.instagram.com/p/CmMa_FxL6R4/

They make a good addition, if not all the time maybe when he's using Venom like in this one.

Art by DebDraws:https://www.instagram.com/p/CmMa_FxL6R4/
    This is good, too.

Those look like better alternate suits than the Ahmed one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Thats not even mentioning what wackiness he could also get up to if his Camouflage was "revealed" to actually be some kind of light bending, the possibilities are fun to think about.
    That's how Invisible Woman's powers work.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looking worse than that one is the real challenge imo

Edit: The Insomniac end-game ''Harlem Spider-man'' black and gold variant is really good looking, id rather stick to a double colour pallet than mix red, yellow and black
    Last edited by Tapioca Blitzkrieg; 12-25-2022 at 10:52 AM.

Fantastic Member

To Me, every-time I see redesigns, very few hit the mark because they drastically change the suit to be different rather than enhance what the suit already has.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ha, I'd have liked it better if the under-suit concepts had been used as the basis for the costume rather than something hidden underneath the sweater and such. I get the basic idea of distinguishing Miles from Peter by having Miles be the more fashion-forward Spider-Man and incorporating "techwear" into his hero look. Alas, the execution wasn't as good as it could've been, to say the least.

To Me, every-time I see redesigns, very few hit the mark because they drastically change the suit to be different rather than enhance what the suit already has.
    That's a fair point.

Fantastic Member

with super-hero suits in general, less is more. You want a concept to really shine through in the most direct way possible. Sara Pichelli was a genius by having mile's default design be an even simpler version of the og spidey suit, with an even more sober pallete swap. With the Ahmed suit you have the opposite, just an overcomplication of the visual motif of his original suit with a weird pepto shade of red.

In comics, the green lantern motif is one of the best because they always manage to introduce new characters to the brand by adapting their personalities into the suits ever so slightly. Spider-Gwen is also an awesome example of a modern take on a classic gone absolutely right. Anyway, i second Jaychance, redesigns to classic costumes should retain some core qualities of the original to be able to have staying power IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    with super-hero suits in general, less is more. You want a concept to really shine through in the most direct way possible. Sara Pichelli was a genius by having mile's default design be an even simpler version of the og spidey suit, with an even more sober pallete swap. With the Ahmed suit you have the opposite, just an overcomplication of the visual motif of his original suit with a weird pepto shade of red.

In comics, the green lantern motif is one of the best because they always manage to introduce new characters to the brand by adapting their personalities into the suits ever so slightly. Spider-Gwen is also an awesome example of a modern take on a classic gone absolutely right. Anyway, i second Jaychance, redesigns to classic costumes should retain some core qualities of the original to be able to have staying power IMO.
    Exactly, Miles has one of the simplest costumes in comics I don't get how going in the exact opposite direction of that concept even remotely seemed like a good idea. I mean the biggest change the suit has ever had was making the soles of the feet red. Also still crazy to me the undersuit was never shown anywhere, it's like no one told Ahmed or any of the artists about it.