Page 137 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2354
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh yeah, his grief beard? Because Rio died.

Sometimes I forget that happened.
    I'm missing some crazy twists like that, not necessarily somebody getting killed, let alone any of his parents, but something to really shake things up. Saladin's run has been so inconsequential overall, apart from giving him a lil' sister.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    I'm okay with him being an adult as long as there is a genuine personal connection to Miles, like an old foe of jeff from his SHIELD days or something, or another Ultimate universe straggler like ultimate reed.

But besides that it's interesting you bring up a possibility of a Teen/similar age nemesis because i've been doing some fan-fic in my head imagining possible backgrounds for such characters.
    For example, i rewatched spiderverse recently and noticed Miles, although being working class, as any spiderman should, has a pretty solid support system in his family. He is very loved, cared for and has had many opportunities at leisure and education that many kids from similar backgrounds may not have had. So what if he runs afowl of a young man/woman who is what miles could have been had he not had his family and all their support? Kinda like many of the Static villains, just kids with similar upbringings, but who made the wrong choices or did not have somebody to be their moral compass. Jelousy and blame projecting could fuel this villain to try and cut Miles down to size and then escalate from there.

Another cool foil could be a stuck up little preppy wunderkind, like an evil Harry Osbourne or a young Otto/Smythe, who envies miles' academic talents and his social skills and charisma. I like this one a little less because its easier to sell adults or at least str8 up criminals going to the lenghts of derangement that make the best stories, i think. BUT, it could be this slow burn, starting off as more of a rival figure and slowly morphing into the equivalent of goblin harry.
    I like those ideas so far.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I've said before my wishlist for villains is a mixture of newly created ones and some of the C-List rogues from Amazing that decided to relocate to Brooklyn. I'm talking characters like Hydro Man, Paperdoll, Ringer, Looter, Screwball. Characters that could actually use a real refurbishing rather than cycling through the already tried and tested.

I'd also have Lana's mom join Beetle's Sinister Syndicate.
    Yeah, that would make them a real Sinister Six, or a Sinister Seven, depending on whether or not Ana Kravinoff stuck around after Sinister War.

I'm missing some crazy twists like that, not necessarily somebody getting killed, let alone any of his parents, but something to really shake things up. Saladin's run has been so inconsequential overall, apart from giving him a lil' sister.
    And the little sister was nearly killed by Miles's own clone, out of sheer spite, while wearing an identical costume to Miles, no less, which was why he changed it in the first place. (I would have gone with another design, but still.) Then we got the Empire of the Spider storyline that was basically Miles stumbling into a "What If?" universe where Selim won instead of him --- and sweet baby Billie grew up to become some kind of cyborg "Spider-Smasher." Interesting twist there, though not enough was done with it, I thought.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, that would make them a real Sinister Six, or a Sinister Seven, depending on whether or not Ana Kravinoff stuck around after Sinister War.
    Bendis really wasted Miles' Sinister Six. Miles didn't even know or fought half of them if I remember right.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post

And the little sister was nearly killed by Miles's own clone, out of sheer spite, while wearing an identical costume to Miles, no less, which was why he changed it in the first place. (I would have gone with another design, but still.) Then we got the Empire of the Spider storyline that was basically Miles stumbling into a "What If?" universe where Selim won instead of him --- and sweet baby Billie grew up to become some kind of cyborg "Spider-Smasher." Interesting twist there, though not enough was done with it, I thought.
    Yeah, it was always a feeling of bait and switch like ''Here is this interesting concept, with potentially game-changing stakes'' but after the arc is over nothing really FEELS too different.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Federico Vicentini pencils look to be at the height of his powers, looking real good and dynamic, colors look alive too!

Scorpion about to get bit with that venom!

Is this true?
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...ralesSpiderMan
    Donny Cates revealed not long after his run on Venom wrapped up that his original plan would've saw Miles play a more central role in the book and for it to end with him becoming the new Venom. This got phased out over time the more Cates wrote Eddie's relationship with his son Dylan and choose instead to discard that original idea. As noted above, the success of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse seemed to have changed Marvel editorial as a whole mind on changing Miles' identity.
    They considered making Miles the new Venom? Isn't that a little too close to Spider-Gwen's status quo?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is this true?
    They considered making Miles the new Venom? Isn't that a little too close to Spider-Gwen's status quo?
    Funny enough, that kind of happened in Dark Ages, Tom Taylor's last work for Marvel, with the time-skip after the first issue revealing that he'd bonded with and been overwhelmed by both the Venom and Carnage symbiotes, the last issue even showing what he looked like when he was just bonded with Venom in a flashback where he explained what had happened to him to Peter and the other heroes.

Federico Vicentini pencils look to be at the height of his powers, looking real good and dynamic, colors look alive too!
    It looks good. It reminds me a little bit of Simone Di Meo's artwork in Eve Ewing's Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is this true?
    Yes. Cates mentioned it in a podcast a couple of years ago. I posted it in this thread or the last one. I'll see if I can find it later.

EDIT: Here it is

Don't know the exact time it's mentioned.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 12-01-2022 at 04:08 PM.

I actually would kind of like it if Scorpion's suit was insulated from the Venom Blast. Probably won't happen though .

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

With the Donny Cates Venom thing, you can kind of tell with how central Miles was in that intro arc that the original idea was for him to be more integral into the story. But the combination of Spiderverse being such a success and Cates instead focusing on the Brock/Dillan relationship nixed those plans.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I hope Miles runs into Dylan. There's a legacy theme you could lean into.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-01-2022 at 05:50 PM.

Incredible Member

I can't see any reason why making Miles Venom would ever be considered a good idea. One, Miles personal history with a Venom should have him deadset on wanting nothing to do with it, espicially if it meant leaving the Spider-Man mantle to do so. Like what?

And it took Spider-Verse's success to make them backtrack? Why would they even consider making a change at all if they were actively producing a film with him as the main character, all about him being Spider-Man?? No sense.

And this is only loosely relevant but im still annoyed that Miles' absolute carnage tie-in got completely ignored. I remember actively being excited to read the next main event issue, and we all know how that ended up :/

Fantastic Member

Editorial probably didn't want two Spider-Man running around for whatever reason then Spiderverse and lesser extent the game happened so they ditched those plans and that's why Eeditorial put out that statement at the end of Beyond saying that there is only room for two Spider-Men, no more no less. It also gives new light on why Donny Cates really wanted to write Miles when he was asked about what character would he want to write next.