Page 64 of 80 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
Results 946 to 960 of 1194
  1. #946

  2. #947
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    87,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Maybe it's because I just watched YJ but "Lor-Zod, is that you?" .

  3. #948
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    15,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe it's because I just watched YJ but "Lor-Zod, is that you?" .
    Ha, yes. Good one.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  4. #949
    Spectacular Member Dron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Thanks for the preview. Like the designs on the goons. Faceless or featureless henchmen are always neat.

  5. #950
    Fantastic Member XenobladerX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Spoiler free review for issue #38:
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/05/30/mi...man-38-review/

  6. #951
    Astonishing Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    That sounds like a pretty good start, also just noticed they finally fixed the color on the costume's lenses.

  7. #952
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    There's something wrong in the title. This can't be a "possible future", because this happened in a world where Selim won and Miles died, which it didn't happen in 616-Earth. Therefore, this world can't be classified as "possible future", but alternative reality. You know, like the world where Eddie Brock commited suicide and Venom's symbiote bonded with his wife Anne.

  8. #953
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    15,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    There's something wrong in the title. This can't be a "possible future", because this happened in a world where Selim won and Miles died, which it didn't happen in 616-Earth. Therefore, this world can't be classified as "possible future", but alternative reality. You know, like the world where Eddie Brock commited suicide and Venom's symbiote bonded with his wife Anne.
    I think they mean "possible future" in the sense that this is what could or would have happened if Miles had lost to Selim. Basically a "What if?" That said, I do see your point.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  9. #954
    Astonishing Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,038

    Default

    Today's issue was pretty good, obviously mostly setup but nothing bad.
    spoilers:
    A little rushed in so far as Ganke instantly trusting Miles and Shift and Miles immediately recognizing Billie. And I'm a bit torn, on one hand I'm glad Selim doesn't rule the world since that seems like a bit of a stretch, but on the other just ruling Brooklyn feels a bit like under achieving considering everything he has access to.

    I'm curious as to why Selim went full on dictator it doesn't really seem like something he'd be interested in from what we saw of him before, so I hope to see what's up with that.

    An eternal youth machine is totally unexpected and Peter being linked to it is even more so.

    Also I guess since Ganke said Selim still looks 19 as opposed to looking his age it confirms that our Miles is currently 19 as well.
    end of spoilers

  10. #955
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    87,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Today's issue was pretty good, obviously mostly setup but nothing bad.
    spoilers:
    A little rushed in so far as Ganke instantly trusting Miles and Shift and Miles immediately recognizing Billie. And I'm a bit torn, on one hand I'm glad Selim doesn't rule the world since that seems like a bit of a stretch, but on the other just ruling Brooklyn feels a bit like under achieving considering everything he has access to.

    I'm curious as to why Selim went full on dictator it doesn't really seem like something he'd be interested in from what we saw of him before, so I hope to see what's up with that.

    An eternal youth machine is totally unexpected and Peter being linked to it is even more so.

    Also I guess since Ganke said Selim still looks 19 as opposed to looking his age it confirms that our Miles is currently 19 as well.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    "Eternal Youth" "Peter Parker" I see what Ahmed did there.
    end of spoilers

  11. #956
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,047

    Default

    I will say, it's a pretty clever solution to how Selim managed to "get away" with taking over Brooklyn without the intervention of the rest of the MU.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

  12. #957
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    15,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Today's issue was pretty good, obviously mostly setup but nothing bad.
    spoilers:
    A little rushed in so far as Ganke instantly trusting Miles and Shift and Miles immediately recognizing Billie. And I'm a bit torn, on one hand I'm glad Selim doesn't rule the world since that seems like a bit of a stretch, but on the other just ruling Brooklyn feels a bit like under achieving considering everything he has access to.

    I'm curious as to why Selim went full on dictator it doesn't really seem like something he'd be interested in from what we saw of him before, so I hope to see what's up with that.

    An eternal youth machine is totally unexpected and Peter being linked to it is even more so.

    Also I guess since Ganke said Selim still looks 19 as opposed to looking his age it confirms that our Miles is currently 19 as well.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    "Eternal Youth" "Peter Parker" I see what Ahmed did there.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I will say, it's a pretty clever solution to how Selim managed to "get away" with taking over Brooklyn without the intervention of the rest of the MU.
    Hmm, yeah. spoilers:
    I'm also intrigued by what may well be Ahmed's commentary on Marvel's obsession with keeping Spider-Man eternally young/youthful, based on that last page of this issue.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  13. #958
    Fantastic Member XenobladerX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    359

    Default

    spoilers:
    I see Starling get a mural and is celebrated as a great hero and the first thought in my mind is where the heck is Bombshell at. I guess she's outside the Neo Brooklyn pocket dimension, lol.
    end of spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    spoilers:
    Also I guess since Ganke said Selim still looks 19 as opposed to looking his age it confirms that our Miles is currently 19 as well.
    end of spoilers
    This caught my eye too.
    spoilers:
    Either Miles was a year older than we thought or a whole year passed since his birthday.
    end of spoilers

  14. #959
    Astonishing Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I will say, it's a pretty clever solution to how Selim managed to "get away" with taking over Brooklyn without the intervention of the rest of the MU.
    It works very well, it doesn't really leave much wiggle room for outside interference.

    Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    spoilers:
    I see Starling get a mural and is celebrated as a great hero and the first thought in my mind is where the heck is Bombshell at. I guess she's outside the Neo Brooklyn pocket dimension, lol.
    end of spoilers



    This caught my eye too.
    spoilers:
    Either Miles was a year older than we thought or a whole year passed since his birthday.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Lana completely slipped my mind, but yeah if Lana doesn't at least get a mention I'll be inclined to believe Ahmed legitimately doesn't like the character.

    And the age thing shocked me not because of the number itself, but because an exact number was given and that's rare. It also confirms Miles is a senior and probably close to graduating, unless he started school late.
    end of spoilers

  15. #960
    Spectacular Member Dron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Even if it wasn't 'our' Ganke is was nice to see the 2 hang out a bit. Not sure what the point of keeping Billie is the dark about Miles and Shifts origins is supposed to do besides obvious drama later?

    And since we saw a 'final form' shift I wonder if we'll get one for Mindspinner as well. An alright start.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •