Page 104 of 157 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2354

Astonishing Member

Back to the classic suit!! +1
    Ziglar writing? I don't know.
    I guess we can blame Wells too if it's no good

BANNED

Ziglar wasn't too bad on Beyond, I enjoyed his Doc Ock/Aunt May story a lot.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Ziglar wasn't too bad on Beyond, I enjoyed his Doc Ock/Aunt May story a lot.
    He started petitioning to do Miles right when he get on the Beyond team. Then he did the Miles What if then Spider Punk so it kind of figures he'd take over

Yeah, seems like the logical successor to me.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Dike Ruan will be the primary cover artist for this run

https://twitter.com/dike_ruan/status...960192/photo/1

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I'll probably repeat what I said before, but I think my personal wishlist of this run is:
    • Bring back Tomoe the Techno-Golem as a big villain. I think establishing her as an inspiring crime boss gang leader, especially since the current story is Fisk going into hiding has left a giant power vacuum in New York would be perfect timing.
    • Make Lana an important supporting character again. Ahmed clearly favored Tiana and I don't necessarily want Lana as Miles' main love interest but between his uncle and her mom the two clearly got a lot in common and I liked their friendship when Bendis was still writing the book.
    • Use some of the C-List villains that rarely get used in Amazing. I know much ado has been made about getting Miles new villains, and Ahmed certainly did make a few new ones but I think there's some good potential at getting the opportunity to revitalize some rarely used villains. I'm talking about characters like The Spot, Hydro-Man, Paperdoll, and Looter. Lady Octopus especially since Liv was such a big hit in the Spider-Verse movie.
    • Finally get Miles into art. Saladin intentionally went against the grain on this and made him a writer instead but I think it's finally time the comics accept that the movie is what really made people resonate with the character and adopt some of the traits from it.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 09-14-2022 at 01:02 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I'll probably repeat what I said before, but I think my personal wishlist of this run is:
    • Bring back Tomoe the Techno-Golem as a big villain. I think establishing her as an inspiring crime boss gang leader, especially since the current story is Fisk going into hiding has left a giant power vacuum in New York would be perfect timing.
    • Make Lana an important supporting character again. Ahmed clearly favored Tiana and I don't necessarily want Lana as Miles' main love interest but between his uncle and her mom the two clearly got a lot in common and I liked their friendship when Bendis was still writing the book.
    • Use some of the C-List villains that rarely get used in Amazing. I know much ado has been made about getting Miles new villains, and Ahmed certainly did make a few new ones but I think there's some good potential at getting the opportunity to revitalize some rarely used villains. I'm talking about characters like The Spot, Hydro-Man, Paperdoll, and Looter. Lady Octopus especially since Liv was such a big hit in the Spider-Verse movie.
    • Finally get Miles into art. Saladin intentionally went against the grain on this and made him a writer instead but I think it's finally time the comics accept that the movie is what really made people resonate with the character and adopt some of the traits from it.
    Yes to all of this, but I like Miles as a writer. Writing can and is art form as well so this does check that particular box for me. I wouldn't say no to seeing him with a sketch book and spray cans though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Dike Ruan will be the primary cover artist for this run

https://twitter.com/dike_ruan/status...960192/photo/1
    Now I wonder if he's going to be pulling double duty with the Shang-Chi covers and this?

Fantastic Member

I want to see more Lana and Ganke in this run and I guess they are keeping the same title with a new number 1 and legacy numbering.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post

And I don't know how I feel about Misty being a mentor for Miles.
    Could be a nice segue way into working for the new NYC Mayor Luke Cage. It really feels like that aspect of Marvel has not been explored AT ALL since Devil's Reign ended. Miles becoming Luke's "hero for hire" might be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Could be a nice segue way into working for the new NYC Mayor Luke Cage. It really feels like that aspect of Marvel has not been explored AT ALL since Devil's Reign ended. Miles becoming Luke's "hero for hire" might be interesting.
    Actually, Luke is responsible for setting up the current Thunderbolts team.

It would be interesting if this was used to get Miles and Luke to work together, even if they aren't both out in the field kicking ass. I wanted them to team-up since Luke and Jess gave Miles that pep talk in Bendis' run.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    They did show that Shift is an artist, so Miles does have it in him somewhere.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Niffleheim

Other than Ganke I was already allergic and exhausted with #TeamMiles at the end of every battle as a device of story telling in Saladin's run and now I've to put up with mentoring? I'll at least give it a try hopefully the writing catches my attention immediately because I honestly don't have any patience
    Last edited by Tofali; 09-14-2022 at 03:17 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    New book by Cody Ziglar and Federico Vicentini announced for December
    https://www.theroot.com/exclusive-mi...t-t-1849534517

Back in his old suit and teaming up with Misty Knight apparently.
    Yeah Ziglar was the obvious choice. I like Misty so I look forward to Miles and her teaming up. Also has his venom blast changed again?