Page 105 of 157 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2354

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Yeah Ziglar was the obvious choice. I like Misty so I look forward to Miles and her teaming up. Also has his venom blast changed again?
    Miles' Venom Blast seems to alternate from a goldish color to blue depending on the colorist. Luckily, it has been consistently golden in Ahmed's run. We'll see how it is in the actual book, hopefully it's still gold.

Anybody else find it weird we haven't gotten an official announcement from Marvel yet? I only came across it by accident when I saw the cover on Instagram and then followed the link to the article from Zigler's page. It just feels really flat considering how easy it would be to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Miles' Venom Blast seems to alternate from a goldish color to blue depending on the colorist. Luckily, it has been consistently golden in Ahmed's run. We'll see how it is in the actual book, hopefully it's still gold.
    Agreed, the gold is a far better choice than blue.

That is weird. Not even the official Spider-Man twitter account has mentioned it. The only other place I saw report on it was AIPT and they just copied TheRoot's original scoop.

Niffleheim

Uh! so this is a scoop and it isn't official because I remember reading this same story in The Beat two days ago.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Really? Then it's even weirder that Marvel hasn't mentioned it.

Maybe they're avoiding having their news buried by certain events in the UK?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's possible, but Marvel announced the Scarlet Witch solo today and it's not due until January. Either way someone really dropped the ball on this announcement because it's really not getting the coverage it deserves. We didn't even really get an interview out of it.

Also since we know the old costume is coming back, I wonder how the new one is getting dropped. Does it get destroyed or does Miles just figure he's had enough of it? Or does it get handled in the Spider-Man book since we've seen he's still in the new one at least until issue two.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Been a fan of Federico Vicentini's art since the Falcon & The Winter Soldier mini and despite not being a fan of the dialogue choices Cody Ziglar gave Miles in his 10 Anniversary issue he managed to mostly turn it around for me in his What If... Miles Morales Captain America issue, so I look forward to seeing what he brings.

Also...FINALLY a black writer for Mile's main book! I absolutely love Saladin's Ahmed's run on the character and will cherish it, but yeah this is long overdue.
    Yeah.... how has that worked out for Black Panther the last 8 years? Or Static in 2011 or Cyborg in 2016.

Black writer is fine but we can't keep having the messes those 3 have had come here.

Let him be hired for being the best person for the job and not because of skin color to pander to certain parts of Twitter-who won't be buying the book in the first place. Yet cry over black writers not getting shots.

And before ANYONE thinks I'm bashing Ziglar-I am not. I am wary of ANYONE on a black lead book. I am not in the mood for another black lead book that does nothing but bash the lead.

It feels good to be looking forward to reading Miles' book again.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Yeah Ziglar was the obvious choice. I like Misty so I look forward to Miles and her teaming up. Also has his venom blast changed again?
    The way I understood it, the Gold color was for the comics and the game, Blue for the film, and Red was for the cartoons. I think Spider-man 2 has Miles using blue as well, maybe a side effect from the Roxxon cores.

It’s nice seeing Miles back with his old costume and with a new book though I gotta say, even as a black reader, the whole thing with Misty Knight is kinda, eh to me. Like, it’s not like they’ve really been using Peter much as a mentor to Miles so, does he really need a mentor and does he honestly need a black role model style mentor especially when he’s essentially a black role model in and of itself. Also, I’m starting to see an odd pattern of them throwing Misty Knight onto black legacy characters lately. First, when Sam became Captain America out of nowhere they partnered him with her and had them start a relationship and now this. Sure it’s only happened twice but it’s an odd pattern.

I know there were a lot of theories that Ziglar would be taking over, so not too surprised. I've liked some of what I've read from him so I'm not completely averse to it.

Typical "back-to-basics" approach with focusing on Miles' life and his real suit back (I feel like we'll look back at the 2nd suit and laugh now) but I hope Ziglar can develop his relationships (outside his parents) and his school life better than Ahmed did in the second half of his run.

I wonder if Scorpion is one of the upgraded villains since he's in the preview?

Also, it'll be fun to see Misty. I can understand the appeal of Miles having black mentors, although it would be cool to see him with T'Challa, Luke Cage, or Sam Wilson.
    Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    I saw that panel; I though it was pretty funny.

I don't think Miles needed a whole tie-in issue nor would I want him to. I'm really not interested in this event.
    The perks of living a life without a bunch of angst.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I posted it over in the X-Discussion but you kind of get this interesting distinction in the level of "hero worship" Miles and Kamala have towards Pete and Carol respectively. The test Kamala gets put through is more intense since she actually idolizes Carol while Miles' respect towards Pete has always been admiration.

It's kind of why I'm a little hot and cold on some media portraying Miles as being a superfan. I know that's the easy go-to characterization for a young hero, but I always loved that fact that a character who got inspired by Pete to take up the mantle wasn't a fanboy, just someone who got encouraged by his actions.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is what giving Molecule Man a 2 week old hamburger gets you. Take note

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I posted it over in the X-Discussion but you kind of get this interesting distinction in the level of "hero worship" Miles and Kamala have towards Pete and Carol respectively. The test Kamala gets put through is more intense since she actually idolizes Carol while Miles' respect towards Pete has always been admiration.

It's kind of why I'm a little hot and cold on some media portraying Miles as being a superfan. I know that's the easy go-to characterization for a young hero, but I always loved that fact that a character who got inspired by Pete to take up the mantle wasn't a fanboy, just someone who got encouraged by his actions.
    I remember originally when Bendis created Miles it was a point that Spider-Man was barely on his radar and had no bearing on his life until he got bit by the spider and had to learn about him. I feel like ITSV went in a similar direction.

Which works best from the standpoint of Miles as a standalone hero who replaces Peter, but that's not always how he's adapted.