Page 111 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2354

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You REALLY want to deal with a certain set of fans if you did?

Didn't think so.

While Miles and Peter prove you can have both-others have proven why you can't.
    Honestly I doubt Rich fans are preventing Sam from getting a book. The sales of the last Nova series with them both in it are probably the real reason.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Where is Sam these days? Can't Duggan write another ongoing for him?
    He is going to get a short story in the Voices anthology this year which is a nice change of pace. I think Kevinroc was right on the money though; Sam really didn't get to endure unfortunately. His first series sold well enough but the ANAD relaunch crashed and burned and then Loeb apparently didn't leave Marvel on the best terms so there doesn't seem this big rush to even give him a limited series.

Add another thing to the wishlist for Cody Ziglar that Miles and Sam finally get to have a buddy arc together. Because I don't think these two have ever actually had a one on one story together outside of Champions/Avengers.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You REALLY want to deal with a certain set of fans if you did?

Didn't think so.

While Miles and Peter prove you can have both-others have proven why you can't.
    I completely ignored them when Sam had his own book it and I think it was selling well. The point Marvel had him team-up with Rider was when the book failed IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    He is going to get a short story in the Voices anthology this year which is a nice change of pace. I think Kevinroc was right on the money though; Sam really didn't get to endure unfortunately. His first series sold well enough but the ANAD relaunch crashed and burned and then Loeb apparently didn't leave Marvel on the best terms so there doesn't seem this big rush to even give him a limited series.

Add another thing to the wishlist for Cody Ziglar that Miles and Sam finally get to have a buddy arc together. Because I don't think these two have ever actually had a one on one story together outside of Champions/Avengers.
    After Marvel capitulated and had him team up was when things went bad and ANAD didn't help.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Fantastic Member

Just looked at the Bleeding Cool solicits and Miles's n1 will get a 1:200 variant, didn't think Marvel would give his book that high of a ratio, he usually gets 1:50s to 1:75s.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I completely ignored them when Sam had his own book it and I think it was selling well. The point Marvel had him team-up with Rider was when the book failed IMHO

After Marvel capitulated and had him team up was when things went bad and ANAD didn't help.
    I don't think the team-up was the problem otherwise they wouldn't have ended his prior series and relaunched it to begin with. Just a case of diminishing returns like some characters got hit with during the massive relaunch phase.

It’s genuinely a shame considering that they never resolved his plot point of finding his father. They even brought it into All-New-All Different Avengers only for it to go nowhere and never be mentioned again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why am I not surprised Sam isn't in Dark Web?
    Why would he be? He's not an X-Man or a Spider. Even Kamala's only involved because she happens to be working for Oscorp now, which puts her in Peter's orbit. Norman Osborn gave Peter a job, and a new Spider-Man costume, is also about to debut his own new Gold Goblin identity, but he doesn't know that he has a third superhero working for him. He just thinks Kamala's a klutzy intern. How would Sam get involved unless he did the exact same thing Kamala did? And he's too young for that, as he's a couple of years younger than Kamala and Miles are, and doesn't live in New York. Nova's absence makes sense, he has no reason to be in New York unless there's Champions business.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-22-2022 at 08:17 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

aint the champions disbanded anyways?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Unclear. They were together when their book ended. And nobody's joined other teams yet.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Champions' most recent appearance as a team was in Devil's Reign. They first show up helping Miles fight Rhino, then later they help Jessica Jones try to rescue Purple Man's children from Fisk's Thunderbolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why would he be? He's not an X-Man or a Spider. Even Kamala's only involved because she happens to be working for Oscorp now, which puts her in Peter's orbit. Norman Osborn gave Peter a job, and a new Spider-Man costume, is also about to debut his own new Gold Goblin identity, but he doesn't know that he has a third superhero working for him. He just thinks Kamala's a klutzy intern. How would Sam get involved unless he did the exact same thing Kamala did? And he's too young for that, as he's a couple of years younger than Kamala and Miles are, and doesn't live in New York. Nova's absence makes sense, he has no reason to be in New York unless there's Champions business.
    I mean, honestly if they could contrive a way for Kamala to be involved, I don't think it would be too hard for Nova.

What's with this whole Kamala interning at Oscorp thing anyway? Even if it's just a step in the retconning her Inhuman status by connecting her to the X-Men through Dark Web it seems like a really weird roundabout process. And if it's not part a retcon in process it just makes it seem even weirder, because it could just be a story that happen in a solo of hers.

Preview for Miles Morales Spider-Man #42. Saladin Ahmed's final issue:
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/mi...omics-preview/

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Preview for Miles Morales Spider-Man #42. Saladin Ahmed's final issue:
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/mi...omics-preview/
    Seeing this intro with the group hanging out....Ahmed why didn't you give us more of this throughout the run? lol

And yeah I guess all the Ganke/Barbara drama got squashed off-screen, never to be spoken of again.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Marvel Voices Comunidades preview:
    http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...unidades-2022/

And yeah I guess all the Ganke/Barbara drama got squashed off-screen, never to be spoken of again.
    For the best imo. Never want that foolishness brought up again lol.