Page 130 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2354
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Agreed, that's why it's one of my favorite arcs. Miles being good at what he does and enjoying it is something we definitely need more of.

Also I hope someone does something with that spy Miles thread one day. I still standby that making for a really cool niche for Miles to occupy that could have stories at all levels of hero work. Maybe for a future Miles storyline since the only one we have is him as an old man during the apocalypse.
    And him as Deathlok in the current Savage Avengers series, it turns out.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    I've always liked that Miles was actually kind of enjoying himself during his fight against Tomoe and her gang. I wish we could get more of stuff like this; just Miles doing his thing, being awesome and feeling awesome while doing it.

Just look at that smile on his face
    Miles enjoying himself is always fantastic to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Miles enjoying himself is always fantastic to see.
    Please tell me what book this is...!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    If I recall right, it was from the last Brian Bendis Spider-Man (starring Miles Morales) run, issues 20-21, right before the Marvel Legacy renumbering took hold.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    If I recall right, it was from the last Brian Bendis Spider-Man (starring Miles Morales) run, issues 20-21, right before the Marvel Legacy renumbering took hold.
    Yep. Spider-Man issues 20 and 21.

Miles takes a vacation to Japan, accidentally goes on a date/job interview with a Japanese crime boss, then fights and defeats her whole gang.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 11-03-2022 at 02:48 PM.

Miles takes a vacation to Japan, accidentally goes on a date/job interview with a Japanese crime boss, then fights and defeats her whole gang.
    Fun times.

He also got arrested but that was completely off-panel.

I actually don't think he was arrested. We just see the police trying to surround him, he could have easily just turned invisible and got away.

Despite what is shown on the cover of #20, nothing like that happens in the actual issue.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 11-04-2022 at 02:48 PM.

I actually don't think he was arrested. We just see the police trying to surround him, he could have easily just turned invisible and got away.

Despite what is shown on the cover of #20, nothing like that happens in the actual issue.
    That's why it was so weird....

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I get the feeling, going by the covers, that Bendis had one type of story in mind before changing his mind and writing about something else. lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I think the cover artist might have just gotten very vague descriptions of the contents of the issues and made the covers based on what little he got. That might also be why some of the covers seemed to confuse Lana with her mom.

I think the cover artist might have just gotten very vague descriptions of the contents of the issues and made the covers based on what little he got. That might also be why some of the covers seemed to confuse Lana with her mom.
    I remember all the discussion when that Sinister Six cover came out .

I think Patrick Brown (?) was doing the main covers at the time.

Fantastic Member

Man, hadnt picked up an issue in a while and at long last saladin ahmed is gone on his merry way! I even feel kinda bad for the fact i dislike his work so much, but even though i could see he genuinely loved the character and writing the books, i just never enjoyed his character concepts and vision for the character of miles.(i also find his reliance on spanish verbiage and street/urban lingo to be a bit hokey, this even coming from being a latino dude myself)

Fantastic Member

Oh my, next volume got Frederico Vicentini on pencils? Sign me tha phuk up, my man! Not too familiar with cody zig, but looked him up and he did she-hulk the series, which i very much dislike so thats no very reassuring, but some other things he did looked cool like craig of the creek and a spiderpunk(my favorite spider-verse reality) mini-series. Anyone know any good stuff by him for reference?

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    Oh my, next volume got Frederico Vicentini on pencils? Sign me tha phuk up, my man! Not too familiar with cody zig, but looked him up and he did she-hulk the series, which i very much dislike so thats no very reassuring, but some other things he did looked cool like craig of the creek and a spiderpunk(my favorite spider-verse reality) mini-series. Anyone know any good stuff by him for reference?
    A few issues of Spider-Man Beyond, mainly issues 79-80 and then 84-85.