Page 140 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2354

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    Does anyone know which store has the Ben Harvey issue 2 variant?
    It'll be available at Unknown Comic Books later today. 5 pm CST according to their twitter.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    With that and Roxxon getting name dropped in the preview I wonder how much the game will influence this run.
    Considering the Sony-helmed animated and videogame works did more to develop Miles's character and his place in the Spider-Man mythos overall than the original (616-set) comics have, I wouldn't be surprised if Ziglar looked to that for inspiration. That said, speaking of the game, did anyone (else) know that Roxxon's Nuform in the older comics was an attempt to recreate vibranium, well before reverbium in the "Big Time" run of ASM (later brought back as a power-up for Klaw in Ta-Nehisi Coates's Black Panther run) was a thing?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    It'll be available at Unknown Comic Books later today. 5 pm CST according to their twitter.
    So far right now you can only get that cover in a bundle.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Considering the Sony-helmed animated and videogame works did more to develop Miles's character and his place in the Spider-Man mythos overall than the original (616-set) comics have, I wouldn't be surprised if Ziglar looked to that for inspiration. That said, speaking of the game, did anyone (else) know that Roxxon's Nuform in the older comics was an attempt to recreate vibranium, well before reverbium in the "Big Time" run of ASM (later brought back as a power-up for Klaw in Ta-Nehisi Coates's Black Panther run) was a thing?
    Agreed, Spiderverse was flawless, the game was pretty cool, but had its stumbles narratively, yet STILL i felt like the character work and the vision the game had for miles as a character was more fleshed-out and just str8 up more believeable than what Saladin proposed, but ive rambled enough about that this year lmao

When was that first Nuform story published? got me curious.

same can be said for peter as well. MCU Peter, Insomiac Peter and especially Peter B from ITSV receive lots of praise no one praises 616 parker
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    same can be said for peter as well. MCU Peter, Insomiac Peter and especially Peter B from ITSV receive lots of praise no one praises 616 parker
    Yeah I'm kind of like, if you go by this board and other online interactions, people haven't liked a Peter comic in like 20 years. lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    With that and Roxxon getting name dropped in the preview I wonder how much the game will influence this run.
    It's not like he hasn't had run ins with Roxxon in 616 or 1610.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    It's not like he hasn't had run ins with Roxxon in 616 or 1610.
    Like the last Champions runs.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Yeah I'm kind of like, if you go by this board and other online interactions, people haven't liked a Peter comic in like 20 years. lol
    When you have a character like Peter-who based on WHO he is will get x number of issues ordered by comic book stores.

So you can have folks just not like a run or runs but what store is going to decrease orders enough for anyone to really notice?
    Same issue with Batman, Nightwing, WW, Flash, X-Men and Logan.

Because of WHO they are you rarely hear a store owner complain about the piles of unsold books they all leave behind like they do when Ms Marvel or ANY POC leave 1-2 unsold.

Folks are TIRED of woe is me loser Peter Parker just like they are with forever loser T'Challa in comics.

Yet the comic side does NOT get the hint because a Peter Parker lead book will NEVER have issues getting orders or shelf space.

So it's harder to fix Peter in comics when Marvel chooses to ignore the unsold books and only care about how many a store ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    Agreed, Spiderverse was flawless, the game was pretty cool, but had its stumbles narratively, yet STILL i felt like the character work and the vision the game had for miles as a character was more fleshed-out and just str8 up more believeable than what Saladin proposed, but ive rambled enough about that this year lmao

When was that first Nuform story published? got me curious.
    Amazing Spider-Man Annual #25, it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    When you have a character like Peter-who based on WHO he is will get x number of issues ordered by comic book stores.

So you can have folks just not like a run or runs but what store is going to decrease orders enough for anyone to really notice?
    Same issue with Batman, Nightwing, WW, Flash, X-Men and Logan.

Because of WHO they are you rarely hear a store owner complain about the piles of unsold books they all leave behind like they do when Ms Marvel or ANY POC leave 1-2 unsold.

Folks are TIRED of woe is me loser Peter Parker just like they are with forever loser T'Challa in comics.

Yet the comic side does NOT get the hint because a Peter Parker lead book will NEVER have issues getting orders or shelf space.

So it's harder to fix Peter in comics when Marvel chooses to ignore the unsold books and only care about how many a store ordered.
    Pretty much this, sadly. And yeah, Peter and T'Challa being more-or-less in the same boat with regard to their comic depictions is funny in a sad kind of way, as T'Challa's guest-starring spot early in The Other: Evolve or Die storyline when Peter was seemingly dying from an unknown disease had him offer to let Peter ingest the Heart-Shaped Herb in the hopes that it'd save his life, out of genuine respect for someone he saw as having the heart of a king (paraphrasing). Man . . . how things have changed.

Nervous and excited for the start of the new run tomorrow. Hope Ziglar gives us something good.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Nervous and excited for the start of the new run tomorrow. Hope Ziglar gives us something good.
    Same here.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Same here.
    Spoilers out. Better begging than what we got in ASM

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Spoilers out. Better begging than what we got in ASM
    Saw them. Plot looks good. Ziglar dialogue is a little off I can't pinpoint why

BANNED

Interesting spoilers.

spoilers:
    Refugees from the Ultimate Universe maybe?
    end of spoilers