Page 157 of 157 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157
Results 2,341 to 2,354 of 2354
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Exactly, Miles has one of the simplest costumes in comics I don't get how going in the exact opposite direction of that concept even remotely seemed like a good idea. I mean the biggest change the suit has ever had was making the soles of the feet red. Also still crazy to me the undersuit was never shown anywhere, it's like no one told Ahmed or any of the artists about it.
    We know why, before ItTSV, Editorial wanted Miles to be different from Peter even down to the silhouette, Donny wanted to make Miles the new Venom but the movie crushed those plan when more people saw him as Spider-Man. I'm glad Cody went back to the OG because marvel messed his suit up trying to make him even more different than he already is. The reason why Miles dons red and black is that Sara saw his power set and thought he would be on a lot of stealth missions or heroics so she made his suit blend in with the city scape.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    with super-hero suits in general, less is more. You want a concept to really shine through in the most direct way possible. Sara Pichelli was a genius by having mile's default design be an even simpler version of the og spidey suit, with an even more sober pallete swap. With the Ahmed suit you have the opposite, just an overcomplication of the visual motif of his original suit with a weird pepto shade of red.

In comics, the green lantern motif is one of the best because they always manage to introduce new characters to the brand by adapting their personalities into the suits ever so slightly. Spider-Gwen is also an awesome example of a modern take on a classic gone absolutely right. Anyway, i second Jaychance, redesigns to classic costumes should retain some core qualities of the original to be able to have staying power IMO.
    On your last point, that's likely why Ben Reilly, a literal clone of Spider-Man, is still so fondly remembered despite Marvel's efforts to bury him and then remake him as a villain --- his two Spider-Man costumes did exactly as you said, retaining the core qualities of the classic Spider-Man suit while still refining and updating them for the 1990s and then the 2020s. It's a real shame he and Miles didn't do more bonding before the Beyond mess really kicked in, as it would have been something to see them come together over their individual struggles to define themselves as Spider-Men in their own rights as opposed to languishing in Peter's shadow.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    On your last point, that's likely why Ben Reilly, a literal clone of Spider-Man, is still so fondly remembered despite Marvel's efforts to bury him and then remake him as a villain --- his two Spider-Man costumes did exactly as you said, retaining the core qualities of the classic Spider-Man suit while still refining and updating them for the 1990s and then the 2020s. It's a real shame he and Miles didn't do more bonding before the Beyond mess really kicked in, as it would have been something to see them come together over their individual struggles to define themselves as Spider-Men in their own rights as opposed to languishing in Peter's shadow.
    Exactly, some artists can capture the feel of the time/decade the characters are in and make magic, even with established characters, since we've been on the topic of alternate costumes. The X-men have a great history of diverse concepts for suits and looks, a few come to mind like the grant morisson bomber jackets, the 90's cartoon quintessential Jim Lee look etc.

It stands to reason the Ahmed suit would echo my main gripe with his run: Trying too hard to be ''unique'', ''hip'' and ''original'' but forgetting the most basic elements that make Miles(or his suit, for that matter) appealing.

And now that you've brought it up, it makes so much sense for Miles and Ben to bond over the struggle to overcome being second-fiddle to Peter. It's kind weird it hasn't happened what with all these spider-verse events that have gone down.

Cool art .

That Chidori pic is so cool
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    That Chidori pic is so cool
    Right? A little sprucing up and you could pass it at oficial promotional art easy. Miguel especially looks so perfect

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Extremely cool art here, especially the first one with Miles channeling his bioelectric Venom Strike into what looks a lot like Sasuke Uchiha's Chidori (or Kakashi Hatake's Lightning Blade) from Naruto. Funny enough, Yuri Lowenthal (who voiced Sasuke in Naruto's English dub) is nowadays better known as Peter Parker/Spider-Man. And yeah, Miguel O'Hara/Spider-Man 2099 is looking pretty awesome, too.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Miles using Chidori? lol

art by Kumo:https://mobile.twitter.com/ArashiKum...C92bv9hMEsAAAA
    rasengan is better but I wonder who Miles is going to stab
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

I read the second issue of double trouble and do you think that the Mysterio understudy could make a next good villain for Miles?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    I read the second issue of double trouble and do you think that the Mysterio understudy could make a next good villain for Miles?
    I think there's potential, it could be a nice bit of juxtaposition. Both trying to live up to their respective names; Miles already being experienced at it and her being new at it; Miles being sure in his role ad based off the little we got this issue her possibly being a bit unsure.

She seems cute .

I think there's potential, it could be a nice bit of juxtaposition. Both trying to live up to their respective names; Miles already being experienced at it and her being new at it; Miles being sure in his role ad based off the little we got this issue her possibly being a bit unsure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She seems cute .
    Could be, yeah. And I am tempted to ship them, too.

Spectacular Member

Miles is done living up to any name. He has bigger problems.