Page 18 of 157 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/interview-cody-z...f-miles-1/amp/

Interview for What-If Captain America with a couple preview pages
    I was wondering if Miles still had his spider-powers here, he just also had the Cap identity, but it sounds like he somehow stumbles into gaining the powers of the hero he's the legacy of here.

Seems like maybe Miles and Tiana will have a healthier relationship this time around!

"America Chavez and Riri Williams!" so let's play rotating legacies. Everybody can be in any identity .

(This honestly reminds me of a joke I made about Jane Foster grabbing random identities and proclaiming "there must always be a...." because that's her new gimmick).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I've got to say this has got me very excited as well, eluding to an overarching plot perhaps? Maybe a multiversal Miles team up for issue five.
    Reminds me of the upcoming Gwen mini.

Funny you say that about Jane. She did say that regarding both Thor and Valkyrie... and it wouldn't surprise me if she reverted to her Thor form when Love and Thunder comes out because that's what she is in the movie. She's found another Valkyrie, so the notion that one must exist has been resolved.

Also, didn't Hawkeye once have America Chavez mentioned as being Cap? An arc with Kate in the future.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-04-2022 at 06:27 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Funny you say that about Jane. She did say that regarding both Thor and Valkyrie... and it wouldn't surprise me if she reverted to her Thor form when Love and Thunder comes out because that's what she is in the movie. She's found another Valkyrie, so the notion that one must exist has been resolved.

Also, didn't Hawkeye once have America Chavez mentioned as being Cap? An arc with Kate in the future.
    Hmm, yeah, I recall seeing something of that before.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Classic Jane Foster move .

Last edited by XenobladerX; 02-05-2022 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Move over Jamie Foxx .

Some artwork by Gabriele Dell’Otto. These were all used for variant covers:

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Some artwork by Gabriele Dell’Otto. These were all used for variant covers:

Very cool. I've loved this artist's work for a good while now, since Spider-Island and Family Business, at least.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Anyone else think this run on the main comic has been lacking good development for miles' supporting cast? I mean, miles never had the most exciting supports if you dont count his pre-established cohorts like gwen and the champions. But i feel like we could do better than that bland grumpy principal guy, the vulture girl and his completely forgettable school mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    Anyone else think this run on the main comic has been lacking good development for miles' supporting cast? I mean, miles never had the most exciting supports if you dont count his pre-established cohorts like gwen and the champions. But i feel like we could do better than that bland grumpy principal guy, the vulture girl and his completely forgettable school mates.
    I think a common complaint about the current book is that Miles' supporting cast has been underutilized and that some of the new additions (Tiana, Dutcher, Sean) have been bad or just uninteresting. I will disagree about Miles' original cast being uninteresting, though.

And I think Mr. Sumida, Shift and Billie have be some good additions.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 02-06-2022 at 11:40 AM.

I think a common complaint about the current book is that Miles' supporting cast has been underutilized and that some of the new additions (Tiana, Dutcher, Sean) have been bad or just uninteresting. I will disagree about Miles' original cast being uninteresting, though.

And I think Mr. Sumida, Shift and Billie have be some good additions.
    Yeah, I would keep the O.G. support and Shift! Recycle the rest. Also i want shift to evolve a little bit more while still keeping his abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yeah, I would keep the O.G. support and Shift! Recycle the rest. Also i want shift to evolve a little bit more while still keeping his abilities.
    Yeah. Have his body stabilize to a normal size but he could still go hulk mode if he needs to. Maybe give him some distinguishing features to differentiate him from Miles or just give him a different face. And give him the ability to speak.

I think Shift is probably going to go off on his own adventures in true Clone fashion unless the idea is for him to be a semi-permanent sidekick character.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Shift is probably going to go off on his own adventures in true Clone fashion unless the idea is for him to be a semi-permanent sidekick character.
    He works better as Miles's sidekick.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Shift I get the suspicion is going to get written out of the book with this arc. Not necessarily killed off, but remain in the Ultimate Universe. Honestly I'm kind of expecting the same if/when it gets revealed that Aaron survived. At this point, I think they've kind of done everything they can with Uncle Aaron. Including prematurely reviving him and then cycling through his story beats a second time. I'm of the stance where I'd prefer if he never got revived but that's just comics for you. So I'd argue for both him and Shift to stay behind in the Ultimate Universe. Leave the door open to make a reappearance again in the future but I think his role should be retired.

I think the things the characters i'd like to see retained from this run are:
    • Tiana/Starling
    • Mr. Sumida
    • Quantum & The Assessor
    • Frost Pharoh
    • The Snatcher - The dude needs a better code name, but I think his powerset makes for an interesting antagonist.

Now going forward I would like to see Bombshell actually be an important character again. Miles' grandma made into a more important character, I'd like to see Tomoe come back as a villain. Maybe take some queues from the video game and make a "Phin Mason" for the comics. I've also said this before, I want Alpha to have a heel turn and become a villain for Miles because it makes too much sense on a meta-level; to "legacy characters" created to be foils of Peter Parker only 1 got universally rejected by the audience at large and treated as the butt of the joke while the second has become ingrained in the mythos now.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.