Page 19 of 157 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    He works better as Miles's sidekick.
    I think so too.

And hopefully Miles gets to introduce Shift to his family by the end of all this.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Shift I get the suspicion is going to get written out of the book with this arc. Not necessarily killed off, but remain in the Ultimate Universe. Honestly I'm kind of expecting the same if/when it gets revealed that Aaron survived. At this point, I think they've kind of done everything they can with Uncle Aaron. Including prematurely reviving him and then cycling through his story beats a second time. I'm of the stance where I'd prefer if he never got revived but that's just comics for you. So I'd argue for both him and Shift to stay behind in the Ultimate Universe. Leave the door open to make a reappearance again in the future but I think his role should be retired.
    I hope they both get to stay around in 616. Actually, based on the solicits we've gotten so far, I don't think they'll even be going to 1610; at least not for an extended period of time. Besides, if the Ultimate Universe was going to play a part in a major way, I feel like Marvel would hype it up more.

I think the things the characters i'd like to see retained from this run are:
    • Tiana/Starling
    • Mr. Sumida
    • Quantum & The Assessor
    • Frost Pharoh
    • The Snatcher - The dude needs a better code name, but I think his powerset makes for an interesting antagonist.

Now going forward I would like to see Bombshell actually be an important character again. Miles' grandma made into a more important character, I'd like to see Tomoe come back as a villain. Maybe take some queues from the video game and make a "Phin Mason" for the comics. I've also said this before, I want Alpha to have a heel turn and become a villain for Miles because it makes too much sense on a meta-level; to "legacy characters" created to be foils of Peter Parker only 1 got universally rejected by the audience at large and treated as the butt of the joke while the second has become ingrained in the mythos now.
    I agree with this though. Maybe Tomoe could be a Phin-like character? I remember there being perhaps a hint of her being a somewhat sympathetic character in her debut appearance in Iron Man. I think Snatcher has some potential. Get him involved with Hydra or a revamped Sons of the Serpent.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 02-07-2022 at 12:35 PM.

Shift I get the suspicion is going to get written out of the book with this arc. Not necessarily killed off, but remain in the Ultimate Universe. Honestly I'm kind of expecting the same if/when it gets revealed that Aaron survived. At this point, I think they've kind of done everything they can with Uncle Aaron. Including prematurely reviving him and then cycling through his story beats a second time. I'm of the stance where I'd prefer if he never got revived but that's just comics for you. So I'd argue for both him and Shift to stay behind in the Ultimate Universe. Leave the door open to make a reappearance again in the future but I think his role should be retired.

• Tiana/Starling
    • Mr. Sumida
    • Quantum & The Assessor
    • Frost Pharoh
    • The Snatcher - The dude needs a better code name, but I think his powerset makes for an interesting antagonist.

Now going forward I would like to see Bombshell actually be an important character again. Miles' grandma made into a more important character, I'd like to see Tomoe come back as a villain. Maybe take some queues from the video game and make a "Phin Mason" for the comics. I've also said this before, I want Alpha to have a heel turn and become a villain for Miles because it makes too much sense on a meta-level; to "legacy characters" created to be foils of Peter Parker only 1 got universally rejected by the audience at large and treated as the butt of the joke while the second has become ingrained in the mythos now.
    I'm in complete agreement for all of this and I was just thinking about Miles' grandma today; because ultimately we really don't know anything about Rio's family so more info would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    I think so too.

And hopefully Miles gets to introduce Shift to his family by the end of all this.

I hope they both get to stay around in 616. Actually, based on the solicits we've gotten so far, I don't think they'll even be going to 1610; at least not for an extended period of time. Besides, if the Ultimate Universe was going to play a part in a major way, I feel like Marvel would hype it up more.

I agree with this though. Maybe Tomoe could be a Phin-like character? I remember there being perhaps a hint of her being a somewhat sympathetic character in her debut appearance in Iron Man. I think Snatcher has some potential. Get him involved with Hydra or a revamped Sons of the Serpent.
    Selim would be interesting to explore in a spinoff- he could be the next Black tarantula. Shift is more Groot than Rocket. Give him a backup but keep him with miles.

Phin could just be Tinkerer's granddaughter.

Astonishing Member

Hey, one doubt! Currently, Miles and his "brother/clone" are going to end up traveling through the Multiverse because of the Assessor or something. So, how about if he ends up visiting this alternative worlds where he's Captain America and other heroes? Kinda similar to what Spider-Gwen is going to do in her "Gwenverse", don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Hey, one doubt! Currently, Miles and his "brother/clone" are going to end up traveling through the Multiverse because of the Assessor or something. So, how about if he ends up visiting this alternative worlds where he's Captain America and other heroes? Kinda similar to what Spider-Gwen is going to do in her "Gwenverse", don't you think?
    I don't know if that will happen in the main book. I do think there may be some crossover involving the Milesverse and Gwenverse books, though.

• Tiana/Starling
    • Mr. Sumida
    • Quantum & The Assessor
    • Frost Pharoh
    I think Ahmed's set up a lot of stuff that hopefully another writer could dive deeper into. Maybe make Tiana less abrasive.
    I want to see Lana be relevant again.

It's kind of funny how Bendis made such a big deal about Miles' grandma only for her to immediately vanish. I think she's obliquely referenced in like a novel or GN but that's about it.

I wonder if Tomoe is up for grabs or if she's still viewed as a Riri villain. Although it's not like she's being used that much one way or another.

Phin would seem kind of redundant in the comics in my opinion. Comic Miles already has his own female Tinkerer equivalent and other girls in his life who could effectively be what Phin was in the game. Although maybe they could integrate the Underground and do something with that.

Niffleheim

I hope Accessor and Quantum punishes Miles for his new suit. It is still atrocious.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Incredible Member

Eeeeeeh, i really don't know of i want 2 different books for that one plot. I just want to get to the ultimate universe stuff(still scared that it won't get the time it needs or maybe at all) asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Tomoe is up for grabs or if she's still viewed as a Riri villain. Although it's not like she's being used that much one way or another.
    Has anyone except Bendis ever used Techno Golem? Hasn't she only been used in Invincible Iron Man (twice, first against Tony and Rhodey, then against Riri and Rescue) and Spider-Man?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Has anyone except Bendis ever used Techno Golem? Hasn't she only been used in Invincible Iron Man (twice, first against Tony and Rhodey, then against Riri and Rescue) and Spider-Man?
    She returned as a member of the Ten Rings in Riri's last series by Eve Ewing. It seemed like she got a power-up.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 02-07-2022 at 08:57 PM.

I'm cool with them just being one-shots than being tied together.

So what's up with Miles? I haven't read much of him lately. Is that awful costume gone already?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    So what's up with Miles? I haven't read much of him lately. Is that awful costume gone already?
    It's still around because Shift is wearing his original suit. Saladin needs to shaft him right out of here after this arc. I can't stand the look of that costume.

I almost ripped my comic in two because of my visceral disgust of that awful looking suit.
    Last edited by Tofali; 02-08-2022 at 03:36 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    It's still around because Shift is wearing the same suit. Saladin needs to shaft him right out of here after this arc. I can't stand the look of that costume.

I almost ripped my comic in two because of my visceral disgust of that awful looking suit.
    if you check out the cover for issue 37 you see he might be ditching the hoodie part of it soon and it looks it will be spoilers:
    Miles vs 616 Miles again
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Mercwmouth12; 02-08-2022 at 02:22 PM.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    if you check out the cover for issue 37 you see he might be ditching the hoodie part of it soon and it looks it will be spoilers:
    Miles vs 616 Miles again
    end of spoilers
    Great! I thought we would never revisit that story arc again.