Page 20 of 157 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Speaking of revisiting, I see Spider-Men was re-released as an Infinity Comic.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Champions as a whole got to appear in today's Devil's Reign #4 issue -

spoilers:
    Rhino specifically seeks Miles out because even though he's a hired muscle for Fisk, he's had a change of heart since he's learned that Fisk is trying to track down and imprison Purple Man's kids and use them as a battery for his mind control just like their dad. Nice connectivity to that first arc from Miles' book since it got established there that child trafficking is the definitive crime that Alessi doesn't stand for.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

spoilers:
    Rhino specifically seeks Miles out because even though he's a hired muscle for Fisk, he's had a change of heart since he's learned that Fisk is trying to track down and imprison Purple Man's kids and use them as a battery for his mind control just like their dad. Nice connectivity to that first arc from Miles' book since it got established there that child trafficking is the definitive crime that Alessi doesn't stand for.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, although it seems like writers keep forgetting about Rhino's Russian accent these days.

(Also Doc Ock looks way too handsome).
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It was pleasant surprise to see the Champions show up. I'm equally happy that Miles and Rhino got to interact; it's always great to see stuff that happens in Miles' books referenced.

Also, it seems like the Champs and Jessica are going to kick some butt in the next issue saving Purple Man's kids.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 02-09-2022 at 10:50 AM.

spoilers:
    Funny that the Champs have ended up interacting with Jessica Jones, considering she was involved with the Young Avengers in their original series.
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

spoilers:
    I'm excited that Miles and Jessica get to team-up, which I've wanted since she and Luke appeared in Bendis' last run. Hopefully Luke tags along with them.
    end of spoilers

More variant's for Miles Cap What If issue by Stelfreeze, Alan Quah, Mike Mayhew, and, Bengal

Gwenverine and Black Widow Silk? Also don't suppose there's been any previews out has there?

Also with DR #4 it was good to see Rhino and Morales are still somewhat chummy. Still a bit confused with when exactly this DD event takes place though. That and the F4 Reckoning event for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Gwenverine and Black Widow Silk? Also don't suppose there's been any previews out has there?

Also with DR #4 it was good to see Rhino and Morales are still somewhat chummy. Still a bit confused with when exactly this DD event takes place though. That and the F4 Reckoning event for that matter.
    There's a couple pages and an interview with Cody Zigler (who writes the first issue)
    https://www.cbr.com/interview-cody-z...f-miles-1/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Not crazy about the highlighter yellow on Gwen-verine , but that's a cool team. Wish they'd work together more in-universe.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 02-11-2022 at 08:52 PM.

These Spiders treating identities so interchangeable when Peter is generally just Spider-Man in any AU .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    These Spiders treating identities so interchangeable when Peter is generally just Spider-Man in any AU .
    Loving it! If there's such a boohoo to let Peter only be Spider-Man, well let the young guns try out other identities in a fun way. I love seeing a Spider-Man archetype cross- generated with a different character. Let's see a universe where he's Blue Marvel, Hulk, or even Iron Man. If the writers really had guts, what if Miles grew to be like Doom in some universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post

Yeah, looks like it's not just Miles trading power sets on that cover. That cover has Gwen with X-23's powers and Silk wearing Black Widow's wrist gauntlets and 90s short haircut. It won't reflect the interior content though, as the costume for Miles is different than the other covers (from an earlier variant cover series I think).

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Loving it! If there's such a boohoo to let Peter only be Spider-Man, well let the young guns try out other identities in a fun way. I love seeing a Spider-Man archetype cross- generated with a different character. Let's see a universe where he's Blue Marvel, Hulk, or even Iron Man. If the writers really had guts, what if Miles grew to be like Doom in some universe.
    I dunno, it just seems a bit much to me. I don't think it has anything to do with Peter being the only Spider-Man so much as taking one character and then suddenly putting them into a bunch of random identities. I just don't really see the appeal because so much of those characters' identities, to me, is their main heroic one.

(Granted, Gwen Stacy is basically Marvel's Barbie at this point...)

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Agreed, it's such a fun concept I hope it does well so we can see more others like it someday.