Page 23 of 157 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Miles's dad distrusted mutants in his first few appearances. So having an alternate Miles that grew up to hate superhumans could be fun to explore.
    Technically, it wasn't just mutants. It was all superhumans, as he saw them as nothing but bringers of chaos and death into the lives of ordinary people. And considering that in the Ultimate Universe, mutants turned out to just be another super-soldier experiment that went off the rails . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Wears red and black

Has some kind of Jacket with a hood

Very specific looking Spider emblem on his chest.

What if its JUST Miles? Lol

And it may be too early but lets also add to this to the "dope alternate costume for a video game" list anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    I just noticed that the picture is actually marked as a teaser for issue #38.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Interesting. I kinda got the feeling Saladin might be wrapping things up, but I guess he's got a little more left in the tank. I wonder if this will be the main book or a Miles-centric spider event.
    Could be a case where his run will keep going to Issue #50. That seems to be the end point for the more successful runs over the years.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Wears red and black

And it may be too early but lets also add to this to the "dope alternate costume for a video game" list anyway.
    Miles must have gone through some isht when he went on that cosmic adventure, heh. At least it'd get him out of that coatume.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Wears red and black

If Peter can wear Miguel's suit I see no reason for Miles to not wear this one even if the one under the mask isn't him.

Also after a close up look it's definitely Miles' symbol, it does however seem to have a hand gripping it.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 02-16-2022 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I Peter can wear Miguel's suit I see no reason for Miles to not wear this one even if the one under the mask isn't him.

Also after a close up look it's definitely Miles' symbol, it does however seem to have a hand gripping it.
    Oh, you mean like in Insomniac Games' Spider-Man on PS4/5?

So what are the odds they're another evil Miles? We're already at three Miles since we know Ultimatum is involved.
    Do we need so many evil versions of Miles? Although I guess we're seeing multiple heroic AU Miles' to balance it out.

What's next? Into the Miles-verse? Crisis of Infinite Miles' ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Do we need so many evil versions of Miles? Although I guess we're seeing multiple heroic AU Miles' to balance it out.

No, but considering the design similarities and the fact Ahmed brought back one evil Miles and then made evil clones it's not baseless he'd do evil Miles again.

No, but considering the design similarities and the fact Ahmed brought back one evil Miles and then made evil clones it's not baseless he'd do evil Miles again.
    Look at it this way. Spider-Man is a constant throughout the Marvel Multiverse, as is the identity most commonly associated with Spider-Man --- Peter Parker, though Peter Parker is not always Spider-Man. Given how Miles Morales is starting to be more recognized as a Spider-Man in his own right, why not let him get some of that Multiverse variant action?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Look at it this way. Spider-Man is a constant throughout the Marvel Multiverse, as is the identity most commonly associated with Spider-Man --- Peter Parker, though Peter Parker is not always Spider-Man. Given how Miles Morales is starting to be more recognized as a Spider-Man in his own right, why not let him get some of that Multiverse variant action?
    I dunno, seems like he gets plenty of Multiversal stuff.

Very true, all things considered we haven't really gotten many alternate universe versions of Miles (as Spider-Man at least). Most are just older versions of regular Miles so it could be interesting to see something done beyond that. Plus as you said so much of the Multiverse is just Peter, so it would be nice to see some branching out.

Technically, it wasn't just mutants. It was all superhumans, as he saw them as nothing but bringers of chaos and death into the lives of ordinary people. And considering that in the Ultimate Universe, mutants turned out to just be another super-soldier experiment that went off the rails . . .
    Either way this Miles could grow hating superhumans...

Ultimate Member

I wonder if it'll turn out to be one of Miles' classmates gone evil.
    Probably Judge....

Aside from his granny-we know nothing about him.

For all we know he could be Bloodshed's kid or the younger version of Rocket Racer that never got the change to be him.

Here are 2 old reviews of Miles Morales's OGNs by the Kirkus Review.

https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-r...ales-reynolds/

ising star Reynolds draws on devastating real-life experiences to relate how the teenage Afro-Latinx superhero must discover a renewed balance of self even as he negotiates his immense responsibilities.

Puerto Rico, where Miles’ mother grew up, has experienced a very intense earthquake. Just as the family launches a community fundraiser to help, Spider-Man must attend to a mischievous new superpowered duo who elude his capture. Simultaneously, Miles and his best friend, Ganke, who’s Korean American, welcome a new friend when new female classmate and techie Kyle, who’s Black, joins the scene at Brooklyn Visions Academy, as her father has come to town to work for the mega-rich, ultrapowerful Harrison Snow.
    https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-r...miles-morales/

https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-r...ado/what-lane/

Miles is mentioned in this book

“Since I was little, it’s been hard to speak up,” says Stephen. He’s half African American and half White, but even still, most people just say he’s Black. Alongside his “white-white” best friend, Dan, he’s deeply into fantasy, science fiction, and superheroes like the new Spider-Man, Miles Morales. When Dan’s cousin Chad arrives on the scene, however, things take a turn. Chad has a rep for trespassing, a penchant for contradicting Stephen, and, most wack of all, believes “they shoulda kept Spider-Man white.”

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Red Hoodie, black outfit,Red logo. Can you say rival?