Page 3 of 157 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    I think it's a shame that Ahmed decided to just use Barbara as a prop to created fake drama. I actually thought it was pretty cool how she became apart of Miles' circle of friends, now I don't really care if she never shows up again.
    Yeah what he did with Barbara was probably the biggest swing and miss in his run. Especially where this Ganke subplot went absolutely nowhere and if anything, kind of made Ganke look worse. Again that's kind of another commonality with his Kamala run. He had Zoe rat out Kamala to C.R.A.D.L.E. and what should be a massive dramatic shift with the friend group just kind of resolved itself off-screen.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I also love how Ahmed writes Kamala talking about the KamalxBruno hookup to Miles that he wrote as a "big mistake" which just felt rude to Bruno .

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I also love how Ahmed writes Kamala talking about the KamalxBruno hookup to Miles that he wrote as a "big mistake" which just felt rude to Bruno .

I know he got some flack for the way Kamala and Bruno hooked up and that Bruno unintentionally was coming off as really pushy so I guess that was his way of acknowledging it.lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I know he got some flack for the way Kamala and Bruno hooked up and that Bruno unintentionally was coming off as really pushy so I guess that was his way of acknowledging it.lol
    Kamala wasn't really much better from what I remember. Like the suit pushed her into kissing him but then she's really weird and non-committal about their relationship even when Bruno thinks they're dating and she's not really being clear about it.

But I guess it takes two to tango.

Fantastic Member

I wonder who the next writer will be? I know Donny Cates said he would like to write Miles as he loves the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    I wonder who the next writer will be? I know Donny Cates said he would like to write Miles as he loves the character.
    I'd absolutely love if that were the case, I feel like we'd get some really great stuff from him. Otherwise I don't really have any immediate guesses on who'd be next.

Cates would be a good pick. He could even bring in his Maker/Ultimate Universe storyline to the book.

Another writer I think would be interesting is Jim Zub.

Cates would be a good pick. He could even bring in his Maker/Ultimate Universe storyline to the book.

Somehow I imagine if Zub was writing Miles' book Sam would appear way more .

Fantastic Member

Jim would be good as well because if you followed him last year he bought a PS5 and chronicled his adventures of Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Overall he loved the story and said he would add some stuff here and there given the chance to take over the comic.

Incredible Member

Seems like a fever dream Sam even had a 6 volume long run pre-Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Seems like a fever dream Sam even had a 6 volume long run pre-Secret Wars.
    Yeah, Sam had a pretty strong push on par with the rest of the teen trinity but it fizzled out far quicker, and he doesn't have the outside media boost to keep him relevant.

Niffleheim

I can't wait to see the last of Barbra. She has been pointless from the minute Bendis introduced her. The 1610 Barbra has more relevance than 616 Barbra.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Yeah, Sam had a pretty strong push on par with the rest of the teen trinity but it fizzled out far quicker, and he doesn't have the outside media boost to keep him relevant.
    He did get featured in Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon with Peter. He was basically Cosmic Marvel for his run wasn't he for that period of his solo

All of the Champions would (Kamala, Amadeus and Riri especially). The team is still together, and Danny Lore basically left the team in the same state as Zub left it, save for Eve Ewing's addition of Starling to the team, who of course is from Miles's book anyway (as is Bombshell).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-07-2022 at 06:54 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    He did get featured in Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon with Peter. He was basically Cosmic Marvel for his run wasn't he for that period of his solo
    What are you talking about? The only animated version of Sam was in the Guardians cartoon .