Page 4 of 157 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Is it bad that I'm kinda glad Barbara got written out of the book? I didn't hate her just she felt like the 616 version of what happened to 1610 Kate Bishop which something bad always happens and Miles thinks they can understand him instead of srewing him over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    Is it bad that I'm kinda glad Barbara got written out of the book? I didn't hate her just she felt like the 616 version of what happened to 1610 Kate Bishop which something bad always happens and Miles thinks they can understand him instead of srewing him over.
    Like I said before, after the mess with Ganke, I don't care if she shows up again or not. Which is a shame.

I'm not too crazy about Tiana either, tbh.

Thinking about it, it might be a blessing in disguise that Saladin has been neglecting Lana so much this run, lol. Romance might not be his specialty.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 01-07-2022 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Like I said before, after the mess with Ganke, I don't care if she shows up again or not. Which is a shame.

I'm not too crazy about Tiana either, tbh.

Thinking about it, it might be a blessing in disguise that Saladin has been neglecting Lana so much this run, lol. Romance might not be his specialty.
    You might be on to something considering his Kamala and Bruno wasn't well received either. Even in his "The End" story he had Miles alone and childless.

I mean Miles is still young so his relationships not lasting long or being super successful is fine, but at the same time it'd be nice if he could have one decent relationship. At this point I don't think Miles has had a good functioning relationship yet.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 01-07-2022 at 04:58 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    You might be on to something considering his Kamala and Bruno wasn't well received either. Even in his "The End" story he had Miles alone and childless.

I mean Miles is still young so his relationships not lasting long or being super successful is fine, but at the same time it'd be nice if he could have one decent relationship. At this point I don't think Miles has had a good functioning relationship yet.
    One sold him out to hydra and tried to tell him that it will be ok because even if my family brainwashes you into a weapon I'll be right there with you and the other? She thought Miles was a drug dealer giving out mutant pills and that's the reason for all his flaking on stuff and secrecy.

One sold him out to hydra and tried to tell him that it will be ok because even if my family brainwashes you into a weapon I'll be right there with you and the other? She thought Miles was a drug dealer giving out mutant pills and that's the reason for all his flaking on stuff and secrecy.
    Is it too much to ask for a few successful dates and some phone conversation? It's why the relationship with Tiana falls flat for me, the majority of their interactions are from issues solely dedicated to them interacting in costume. There's no calls/texts, there's no regular people dates, it's basically just team ups with a little flirting involved. If you skip the team up issues you really couldn't even tell they were together, now that I think about it are they even officially together? It doesn't really feel like it if I'm being totally honest.

Fantastic Member

Is it too much to ask for a few successful dates and some phone conversation? It's why the relationship with Tiana falls flat for me, the majority of their interactions are from issues solely dedicated to them interacting in costume. There's no calls/texts, there's no regular people dates, it's basically just team ups with a little flirting involved. If you skip the team up issues you really couldn't even tell they were together, now that I think about it are they even officially together? It doesn't really feel like it if I'm being totally honest.
    Tiana isn't a good choice either with the red flags she has like defecting an honest question with "Are you one of those Possessive guys" because she doesn't want to open up or tell the truth of what she was doing. The only three that understood Miles and what he was going through and cared were Gwen,Kamala,and Lana. You can scratch off Gwen because unlike the others she hopes between universes, so it's slim picking for Miles right now to have a healthy relationship of just having a movie night with pizza.

Plus, she's the granddaughter of a supervillain, Vulture, and her powers are based on his tech! What's to stop her doing a heel turn? She wouldn't be the first teen hero to do so. Finesse from Avengers Academy (who is believed to be Taskmaster's daughter) ended up joining AIM, though by the time Unstoppable Wasp ended Nadia had managed to get her to defect to her group, GIRL.

Of course Miles is still at school. Isn't it likely he'd meet new people at college? That's where Peter met his Gwen (though he met MJ shortly after, that wasn't through college).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-08-2022 at 05:50 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

We need more out-of-costume moments in my opinion.

I don't think we've ever seen Tiana out of costume except in that back-up in issue 10 when she was a little girl.

I don't think we've ever seen Tiana out of costume except in that back-up in issue 10 when she was a little girl.
    The ASM #49 backup story with her had her in civilian clothes with her grandpa.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The ASM #49 backup story with her had her in civilian clothes with her grandpa.
    Ah, I forgot about that story. I think she finds out about Google in it, right?

Tiana isn't a good choice either with the red flags she has like defecting an honest question with "Are you one of those Possessive guys" because she doesn't want to open up or tell the truth of what she was doing. The only three that understood Miles and what he was going through and cared were Gwen,Kamala,and Lana. You can scratch off Gwen because unlike the others she hopes between universes, so it's slim picking for Miles right now to have a healthy relationship of just having a movie night with pizza.
    It's why I'm unsure of the status of their relationship, they don't interact outside of the job and she feels no obligation to answer his calls. It feels like she considers the relationship much more casual than Miles does. I mean we're almost forty issues in at this point and this doesn't feel like a particularly strong relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Plus, she's the granddaughter of a supervillain, Vulture, and her powers are based on his tech! What's to stop her doing a heel turn? She wouldn't be the first teen hero to do so. Finesse from Avengers Academy (who is believed to be Taskmaster's daughter) ended up joining AIM, though by the time Unstoppable Wasp ended Nadia had managed to get her to defect to her group, GIRL.

Of course Miles is still at school. Isn't it likely he'd meet new people at college? That's where Peter met his Gwen (though he met MJ shortly after, that wasn't through college).
    I still don't get what the Vulture connection was for, I don't think Miles has ever even met him. Was it just an MCU thing?

Ah, I forgot about that story. I think she finds out about Google in it, right?
    She had on "grandpa blinders" or something .
    I still don't get what the Vulture connection was for, I don't think Miles has ever even met him. Was it just an MCU thing?
    MCU Vulture has a black daughter...comic Vulture has a black granddaughter...

I guess Ahmed might've also wanted to give Miles his own Black Cat-type character. Even though he had, like, two other options for that.

I was kinda hoping Tomoe would return as a rogue/love interest.

I was kinda hoping Tomoe would return as a rogue/love interest.
    I think they settled on her being a Riri villain, I think the last time she showed up was in her Eve Ewing series.