Page 5 of 157 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they settled on her being a Riri villain, I think the last time she showed up was in her Eve Ewing series.
    Yeah, as a member of the Ten Rings.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    I was kinda hoping Tomoe would return as a rogue/love interest.
    So was I, her trying to expand her business into the US would be an easy way to bring her in and she has enough resources to be a constant and relevant threat.

In game related news the author for the tie in book has joined the writing team for Spider-Man 2
    https://twitter.com/BrittneyMMorris/...19829773058048

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    In game related news the author for the tie in book has joined the writing team for Spider-Man 2
    That's cool. Thanks for sharing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

That's cool. I wonder if they'll reference anything from the book, then.

I still don't get what the Vulture connection was for, I don't think Miles has ever even met him. Was it just an MCU thing?
    Yeah. Tiana is pretty much an adaptation of MCU Liz (whose last name is Allan in the comics, but presumably Toomes in the movie - they never gave her surname). Barbara was based on Zendaya's MJ, and there's a character based on MCU Flash Thompson too, though he quickly fell by the wayside. Of course, Miles already had a Ned, as MCU Ned is based on Ganke Lee in the first place (though the second film did give him a story based on comics Ned by having him date Betty Brant).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. Tiana is pretty much an adaptation of MCU Liz (whose last name is Allan in the comics, but presumably Toomes in the movie - they never gave her surname). Barbara was based on Zendaya's MJ, and there's a character based on MCU Flash Thompson too, though he quickly fell by the wayside. Of course, Miles already had a Ned, as MCU Ned is based on Ganke Lee in the first place (though the second film did give him a story based on comics Ned by having him date Betty Brant).
    I hope he stays that way, it feels weird having all these not MCU characters around.

I hope he stays that way, it feels weird having all these not MCU characters around.
    Hopefully. Sean and Mr. Dutcher are the worst additions to the cast. They've been so cartoonishly hateful and antagonistic for no reason. If Miles was going to vent his anger out on somebody, I'd prefer if it was on Sean rather than on Ganke.

Hopefully. Sean and Mr. Dutcher are the worst additions to the cast. They've been so cartoonishly hateful and antagonistic for no reason. If Miles was going to vent his anger out on somebody, I'd prefer if it was on Sean rather than on Ganke.
    That's the best way to describe them, all things considered the rest of the cast is completely realistic in how they act. Those two on the other hand 100 percent stepped out of a cartoon. On the other hand Mr. Sumida is probably his best edition on the school side of things, which would make it kind of a shame if Ahmed has Miles graduate like some people theorize.

Mr. Sumida's great. I love how supportive he's been to Miles. Even if Miles does graduate, he could still show up and act as a mentor to him.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 01-09-2022 at 01:29 PM.

I think Dutcher got somewhat better when he found Miles's journal and realized Miles was the same Spider-Man he admired. I mean, I can see what Ahmed was going for, flipping the J. Jonah Jameson/Spider-Man dynamic so that it's the costumed identity the authority figure respects while having seemingly nothing but contempt for that costumed hero's civilian identity, unaware that they're one and the same. Still, execution is everything, and yeah, Sean getting his @$$ kicked by Miles would have been great to see, too, as I am generally a sucker for bullies getting their comeuppance. It's rather cathartic, at least for me.

I appreciate that Ahmed's tried to give Miles his own distinct high school supporting cast (even if some of them come off as inspired by MCU Spider-Man interpretations), although they all still feel really underdeveloped versus all the panel time Miles has gotten with his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I appreciate that Ahmed's tried to give Miles his own distinct high school supporting cast (even if some of them come off as inspired by MCU Spider-Man interpretations), although they all still feel really underdeveloped versus all the panel time Miles has gotten with his family.
    Considering some have argued MCU Spider-Man was biting off Miles in the first place, in that respect, turnaround may well be fair play. That said, yeah, Ahmed does seem more invested in Miles's relationships with his family, which is also fair in light of how Miles having a functional family around him definitely distinguishes him from Peter Parker's Spider-Man, who was in the older comics an isolated loner in almost every aspect of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Pretty sure Barbara predates Parker's inclusion in Captain America Civil War. Tiana and Sean I could see, though they act really different from the MCU versions if they were based on them. Tiana's a proper Hero/Anti-hero and Sean is more of a wealth/status bully instead of a jock vs. nerd type of thing. I honestly liked Mr. Dutcher though. I thought it was neat to have an antagonist specific to Miles instead of Spider-man. I enjoyed his turn to after the attack on the school and he piece together Miles' identity, but respected him enough not to blackmail, call him out or whatever. He just silently supported him.

Mr. Sumida is great and I do hope he sticks around.

Barbara does not predate Civil War. She debuted in Spider-Men II #1 in July 2017, the same month Spider-Man Homecoming was released. Civil War was April 2016.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman