Page 51 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

I wanted Ultimatum to team-up with Miles and Shift to deal with Selim.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

About What if...
    I hope they aren't gonna do different versions of the Miles/Jeff/Aaron dynamic for the rest of the series. I know it hasn't been exactly the same so far, but it's going to get old. I'm already tired of it this issue lol.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 04-15-2022 at 09:13 AM.

Fantastic Member

The What if issue was ok in the beginning but by the end I was done with it because it felt so rushed and the use of the same early family dynamic didn't help,though I did laugh at the final page. They had something here with the amazing suit but the second issue felt rushed.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I'm cool with What If Miles Morales Became Wolverine, but I also agree that at some point, the writers have to freshen things up by not simply repeating the dynamic of Miles being pulled into the longstanding conflict between Jeff and Aaron, however the details may be altered. That aside, screw Malcolm Colcord; man participates in systematic torture and forced experiments on children just for being mutants, and he has the gall to cry about his good looks being ruined and his wife and kids being too scared to go near him (wow, it's almost as if his outsides now match his insides). As for Miles Morales: Spider-Man proper, not a bad way to leave things with Ultimatum for now, and I'm curious as to how exactly Selim took over in that reality where he defeated and killed Miles. Looking forward to the on-page debut of Spider-Smasher, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    What if...
    spoilers:
    I hope they aren't gonna do different versions of the Miles/Jeff/Aaron dynamic for the rest of the series. I know it hasn't been exactly the same so far, but it's going to get old. I'm already tired of it this issue lol.
    end of spoilers
    The funny thing about What If...? issues is precisely to se how different an event can turn on certain circunstances.

The writers need to remember that Miles' supporting cast is more than just Jeff, Aaron and Ganke. They did good with Tiana in the first issue. Let Rio be the prominent figure in Miles' life. Make her the Freyja of the Thor story. Have Lana be a Valkyrie or Sif. Make Judge the Abomination in Hulk.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

The writers need to remember that Miles' supporting cast is more than just Jeff, Aaron and Ganke. They did good with Tiana in the first issue. Let Rio be the prominent figure in Miles' life. Make her the Freyja of the Thor story. Have Lana be a Valkyrie or Sif. Make Judge the Abomination in Hulk.
    Cosigned. Those would be good ways to incorporate the rest of his circle in these A/Us.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Very true, unfortunately that's a criticism that somewhat also applies to the main book now that I think about it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Very true, unfortunately that's a criticism that somewhat also applies to the main book now that I think about it.
    That's on Saladin, who wanted to write the relationship between a teen and his parents with the characters he created more than a balance between home life and teen superhero where you would see more of Ganke,Lana, Kamala, and maybe Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    That's on Saladin, who wanted to write the relationship between a teen and his parents with the characters he created more than a balance between home life and teen superhero where you would see more of Ganke,Lana, Kamala, and maybe Sam.
    I'd say it applies for Rio as well, despite spending so much time with his parents Rio hasn't really gotten any attention. We don't really know anything about her family or past and even conversations are mostly between Miles, Jeff, and Rio or just Miles and Jeff. The last one on one talk I remember between Miles and Rio was in that Marvel Voices story with Anya.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    That is not on him if editorial doesn't want that.

For all the complaints writers can only do what editors allow them to do with properties owned by big companies.

It's why Savage Dragon is a married man with 4 kids, healthy sex life, a job and living in Canada.

And so many Marvel folks are not.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I'd say it applies for Rio as well, despite spending so much time with his parents Rio hasn't really gotten any attention. We don't really know anything about her family or past and even conversations are mostly between Miles, Jeff, and Rio or just Miles and Jeff. The last one on one talk I remember between Miles and Rio was in that Marvel Voices story with Anya.
    We don't know anything about Judge either-who was confirmed about knowing who Miles was before Bendis left.

I still say he's someone's kid or linked to some hero or villain. Maybe Bloodshed or Cardiac' s nephew or kid.

Extraordinary Member

For the MM issue it's just Miles meeting ultimatum and then going to Emperor Selim's world.I wish the dialogue had more substance to it, and a lot of it was just showing how cool shift was.

The What If issue is bad IMO, what-if's were meant to be event based where smth that happened in 616 went a diff. route.Hopefully they change it up fast

Niffleheim

Define prominent? Miles' supporting characters aren't Jeff, Aaron or Ganke right now. Do you prefer the original story when he felt guilty for Rio's death? Otherwise what role can she play in his story? I certainly don't want any family input in regards to his superhero life. Their disproval will just make readers dislike them.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Remember Miles' grandma? She sure dropped off the face of the Earth in Bendis' run.

Will Danika ever come back?

Will Rio or Jefferson get a storyline that doesn't involve their kids or Jeff being an ex-SHIELD Agent?

Is Ganke doing anything lately?