Page 52 of 157 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

Honestly I wouldn’t mind one to two issues centred on these characters each arc like Bendis did for the young Davis brothers and Kingpin
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Remember Miles' grandma? She sure dropped off the face of the Earth in Bendis' run.

Will Danika ever come back?

Will Rio or Jefferson get a storyline that doesn't involve their kids or Jeff being an ex-SHIELD Agent?

Is Ganke doing anything lately?
    Gotta agree, we've been getting a lot of new supporting characters but not fleshing out the ones that already exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Define prominent? Miles' supporting characters aren't Jeff, Aaron or Ganke right now. Do you prefer the original story when he felt guilty for Rio's death? Otherwise what role can she play in his story? I certainly don't want any family input in regards to his superhero life. Their disproval will just make readers dislike them.
    In this case I'm specifically talking about the What If... stories.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    In this case I'm specifically talking about the What If... stories.
    Lol! Sorry I haven't bothered with those.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Marvel dropped some looks for the next Hellfire Gala by Russell Dauterman and this one caught my eye

It reminds me of the programable matter suit from the game. I'm not 100 percent sure it's Miles, but these costumes do tend to stick with the usual costume colors.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Marvel dropped some looks for the next Hellfire Gala by Russell Dauterman and this one caught my eye

It reminds me of the programable matter suit from the game. I'm not 100 percent sure it's Miles, but these costumes do tend to stick with the usual costume colors.
    Same here, though I've seen some indication this is supposed to be Peter Parker/Spider-Man, I think it'd work better for Miles. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing this get adapted into Insomniac Games' Spider-Man 2.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Unfortunately, I don't think that's Miles. He is supposed to get a Gala variant cover for #39, though.

I don't think I could see Peter ever wearing that unless someone forcibly put him in that .

Of course both Spider-Men have good reason to be invited. Peter is pals with Wolverine due to them being Avengers together, while Miles is pals with Cyclops due to Scott's Champions tenure, and also knows Jean (she actually found out his secret identity) due to the All-New X-Men crossing into the Ultimate Universe back when Bendis was writing the mutants.

The writers need to remember that Miles' supporting cast is more than just Jeff, Aaron and Ganke. They did good with Tiana in the first issue. Let Rio be the prominent figure in Miles' life. Make her the Freyja of the Thor story. Have Lana be a Valkyrie or Sif. Make Judge the Abomination in Hulk.
    I think Ganke will probably be the Rick Jones in the Hulk story. Lana as Sif and Tiana as Valkyrie would work (Jane Foster's version of Valkyrie has wings).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Of course both Spider-Men have good reason to be invited. Peter is pals with Wolverine due to them being Avengers together, while Miles is pals with Cyclops due to Scott's Champions tenure, and also knows Jean (she actually found out his secret identity) due to the All-New X-Men crossing into the Ultimate Universe back when Bendis was writing the mutants.

I think Ganke will probably be the Rick Jones in the Hulk story. Lana as Sif and Tiana as Valkyrie would work (Jane Foster's version of Valkyrie has wings).
    Also since he's friends with Fabio/Egg.

I just remembered Russell Dauterman did a FF variant cover with Miles in his Programmable Matter Suit. He was definitely inspired by it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Unfortunately, I don't think that's Miles. He is supposed to get a Gala variant cover for #39, though.
    Looking forward to seeing Dauterman's design for him, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Good points.

Also since he's friends with Fabio/Egg.
    Thanks for the reminder.

I just remembered Russell Dauterman did a FF variant cover with Miles in his Programmable Matter Suit. He was definitely inspired by it.
    Likely, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Dauterman confirmed on twitter it is Peter, but there's no way it wasn't inspired by the Programmable Matter Suit. It'd be funny if the cover he makes for the Gala variant is red and blue.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 04-14-2022 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Remember Miles' grandma? She sure dropped off the face of the Earth in Bendis' run.

Will Danika ever come back?

Will Rio or Jefferson get a storyline that doesn't involve their kids or Jeff being an ex-SHIELD Agent?

Is Ganke doing anything lately?

And what about Lana? When was the last time we saw her outside of Champions? And whatever happened to her crush on Miles?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And what about Lana? When was the last time we saw her outside of Champions? And whatever happened to her crush on Miles?
    Lana is just another casualty of Ahmed's decision to shift the majority of Miles' interactions onto his parents and characters he created. The crush hasn't been acknowledged since a text she had with an unknown friend during one of the early issues. I think the last time we saw her in series was during the team fight against Ultimatum's goblin's. And she probably appears the least of everyone is because she fills Starling's role better than Starling does.