Page 53 of 157 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Dauterman confirmed on twitter it is Peter, but there's no way it wasn't inspired by the Programmable Matter Suit. It'd be funny if the cover he makes for the Gala variant is red and blue.
    Oh, yeah. Do you mean Miles's variant for the Gala, by any chance?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Oh, yeah. Do you mean Miles's variant for the Gala, by any chance?
    That's right, it'd be a nice little reference.

That's right, it'd be a nice little reference.
    It sure would be, yeah.

Extraordinary Member

Dauterman confirmed on twitter it is Peter, but there's no way it wasn't inspired by the Programmable Matter Suit. It'd be funny if the cover he makes for the Gala variant is red and blue.
    I also asked to be sure, and yeah it's Peter

The build gives it away though, it looks a lot bigger than Miles usually does

Finally a second to post. All caught up

For #37 it was a big fight and then shoved to the next arc. Not too much happened or revealed besides an actual direction to their current goal. Probably would have preferred some more wandering around instead of just getting it after a somewhat pointless battle. Bit of a sinking feeling that the Empire arc is gonna just be Future Billie, Future Ganke, and Shift for it's duration with no confirmation whatsoever on the fates of any other supporting characters besides Tiana maybe. I do like shift always pulling out way more arms and hands then he probably needs to, but because he's been a consistent companion for the last 6 something issues he's wearing a bit thin, and it looks like he'll be a focus for at least another 2.

For What if #2 it just sorta played into fears that I had with the series in the first place of using only a small portion of Miles supporting cast recycled again. The small period piece aspect of it was pretty cool, but that was short lived. Saber Aaron was whatever and Agent J was eh. There were no interesting changes to the X-men roster at the end and Ganke had to be the biggest "Huh?" I had all week. It's a shame because out of all the ones announced so far this was the one I was looking forward to the most and the series showed so much promise with Ziglar's work in issue 1. But maybe it's just the writer, and I'll give Hulk issue a shot.

And then for Spider-verse #3 I am really enjoying this series. I know it's built for phones but I'd love this in some sort of physical format. The writer must have been reading Frontier's post because Miles cracks a joke about Spiders attending E.S.U. He also had a bit of villainous foreshadowing and the Syndicate got some decent gags. Also, besides the 1st issue with that pie parallel there hasn't been any multiverse shenanigans at all so far and I'm ok with that. It feels like Miles is part of the Greater Marvel Universe instead of tucked in his corner not affecting or being affected by anything that happens outside the shrinking bubble it feels like he's in inside the main book.

Extraordinary Member

So Miles family knows Peter and Gwen's secret identities? That's neat, but I hope they do talk about that some more

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Finally a second to post. All caught up

For #37 it was a big fight and then shoved to the next arc. Not too much happened or revealed besides an actual direction to their current goal. Probably would have preferred some more wandering around instead of just getting it after a somewhat pointless battle. Bit of a sinking feeling that the Empire arc is gonna just be Future Billie, Future Ganke, and Shift for it's duration with no confirmation whatsoever on the fates of any other supporting characters besides Tiana maybe. I do like shift always pulling out way more arms and hands then he probably needs to, but because he's been a consistent companion for the last 6 something issues he's wearing a bit thin, and it looks like he'll be a focus for at least another 2.

For What if #2 it just sorta played into fears that I had with the series in the first place of using only a small portion of Miles supporting cast recycled again. The small period piece aspect of it was pretty cool, but that was short lived. Saber Aaron was whatever and Agent J was eh. There were no interesting changes to the X-men roster at the end and Ganke had to be the biggest "Huh?" I had all week. It's a shame because out of all the ones announced so far this was the one I was looking forward to the most and the series showed so much promise with Ziglar's work in issue 1. But maybe it's just the writer, and I'll give Hulk issue a shot.

And then for Spider-verse #3 I am really enjoying this series. I know it's built for phones but I'd love this in some sort of physical format. The writer must have been reading Frontier's post because Miles cracks a joke about Spiders attending E.S.U. He also had a bit of villainous foreshadowing and the Syndicate got some decent gags. Also, besides the 1st issue with that pie parallel there hasn't been any multiverse shenanigans at all so far and I'm ok with that. It feels like Miles is part of the Greater Marvel Universe instead of tucked in his corner not affecting or being affected by anything that happens outside the shrinking bubble it feels like he's in inside the main book.
    It really as been a lot of Shift in recent issues hasn't it? Makes it all the stranger Miles hasn't introduced him to his/their parents yet, really feeds into the notion that he'll be staying in that universe when the arc is over. And I can definitely understand the feeling we won't find out about anyone besides Future Billie and Ganke especially since the two solicits we have only mention them and Peter and the arc will likely be over on issue 40 or 41.

And yeah we talk a lot about the lack of supporting cast in this run but now that you mention it, Miles' world does feel a lot smaller now. Even the KIB tie-in feels small and that was an alien invasion. Not to say Miles having his own corner of the universe is a bad thing, in fact it could be something really interesting and unique, but it needs to have a lot of substance to work and right now it just doesn't have that. Right now it almost feel like Miles' entire world only consists of his parents place and occasionally school. I think he could benefit from somewhere to hang out at besides school and home.

Niffleheim

Miles’ stories prior to Saladin taking over depended too much on his supporting characters on every little thing now they only show up to deal with a bigger threat. I know after this run completes things might revert to past dynamics but I’m enjoying him expanding his horizons and making connections outside his familiar circle of friends
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I saw someone mention that with this issue and the upcoming arc we'll have revisited every major villain in this run and it reminded me about the talk of the end of the run being near. It also made me notice that all three of the major villains Ahmed used were associated in some way. All of this got me thinking of where things can go after this arc, and I can only see three possibilities. The run ends; we get a new completely unrelated villain involved; or we finally see who is pulling Assessor's strings and I'm not sure which option I'd prefer. I mean I'd love to see who made something like Assessor and why; I'd also like to to see a villain who didn't already participate in someway in a previous arc; but on the other hand I'm also kinda tired Ahmed's writing and want to move on. Then again with the way things have been going lately the result for those first two things could just be another evil Miles. Overall I'm just conflicted and am curious about what option everyone else would prefer?

Extraordinary Member

I saw someone mention that with this issue and the upcoming arc we'll have revisited every major villain in this run and it reminded me about the talk of the end of the run being near. It also made me notice that all three of the major villains Ahmed used were associated in some way. All of this got me thinking of where things can go after this arc, and I can only see three possibilities. The run ends; we get a new completely unrelated villain involved; or we finally see who is pulling Assessor's strings and I'm not sure which option I'd prefer. I mean I'd love to see who made something like Assessor and why; I'd also like to to see a villain who didn't already participate in someway in a previous arc; but on the other hand I'm also kinda tired Ahmed's writing and want to move on. Then again with the way things have been going lately the result for those first two things could just be another evil Miles. Overall I'm just conflicted and am curious about what option everyone else would prefer?
    Did Ahmed revisit the Ultimate Green Goblin yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Not as far as I know. Probably should, though, at least to see what happened to him after the last big fight with Ultimatum.

No, but I wouldn't really call GG a major villain he was mostly just there to be Ultimatum's lackey.

Didn't even really need to be Ultimate Green Goblin, honestly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How many other brute force villains does Miles have? Not counting Rhino.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How many other brute force villains does Miles have? Not counting Rhino.
    They could've just used some random person that got a lot of goblin serum to make them bigger than the others and it would've had the same effect. It's not like he was particularly strong, whenever it was just one on one Miles took him down fairly easily.