Page 54 of 157 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I saw someone mention that with this issue and the upcoming arc we'll have revisited every major villain in this run and it reminded me about the talk of the end of the run being near. It also made me notice that all three of the major villains Ahmed used were associated in some way. All of this got me thinking of where things can go after this arc, and I can only see three possibilities. The run ends; we get a new completely unrelated villain involved; or we finally see who is pulling Assessor's strings and I'm not sure which option I'd prefer. I mean I'd love to see who made something like Assessor and why; I'd also like to to see a villain who didn't already participate in someway in a previous arc; but on the other hand I'm also kinda tired Ahmed's writing and want to move on. Then again with the way things have been going lately the result for those first two things could just be another evil Miles. Overall I'm just conflicted and am curious about what option everyone else would prefer?
    Since Ahmed's interview of Miles not graduating quite yet, I assumed the next arc would be a lot more grounded than the last couple have been. Back to BVA, in a more traditional suit. The last plot threads that I see dangling (assuming the empire arc doesn't pull up some new SNAFU) is the status of Miles' writing scholarship and the secret about Tiana Toomes. If Saladin is really gearing up for the end I don't think he's going to be putting those off much longer. And of course there could be the chance of ASM's #900 having a more direct impact on events in the rest of the Spider books. Whatever Parker does could have some unintended consequences for Miles simply by association.
    Last edited by Dron; 04-18-2022 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Since Ahmed's interview of Miles not graduating quite yet, I assumed the next arc would be a lot more grounded than the last couple have been. Back to BVA, in a more traditional suit. The last plot threads that I see dangling (assuming the empire arc doesn't pull up some new SNAFU) is the status of Miles' writing scholarship and the secret about Tiana Toomes. If Saladin is really gearing up for the end I don't think he's going to be putting those off much longer.
    Yeah. As much as I am ready for a new writer to come in and freshen things up, I want Saladin to adress and resolve all the remaining plot threads before he leaves. Especially when it comes to Miles' writing scholarship. I'd hate for that to go to waste.

Since Ahmed's interview of Miles not graduating quite yet, I assumed the next arc would be a lot more grounded than the last couple have been. Back to BVA, in a more traditional suit. The last plot threads that I see dangling (assuming the empire arc doesn't pull up some new SNAFU) is the status of Miles' writing scholarship and the secret about Tiana Toomes. If Saladin is really gearing up for the end I don't think he's going to be putting those off much longer. And of course there could be the chance of ASM's #900 having a more direct impact on events in the rest of the Spider books. Whatever Parker does could have some unintended consequences for Miles simply by association.
    What secret about Tiana, is it the thing about who had her kidnapped or something else?

What secret about Tiana, is it the thing about who had her kidnapped or something else?
    That and the feeling something isn't on the up and up with her. Just the last couple of interactions between Miles and Tiana were they weren't fighting someone have been weird. I assume Saladin is going to do something with it before he hands the title over to another team.

Bad news everyone Across the Spider-Verse part one has been delayed until June 2 of next year and part two until March 29, 2024.
    https://thedirect.com/article/spider...sequels-delays

Bad news everyone Across the Spider-Verse part one has been delayed until June 2 of next year and part two until March 29, 2024.
    ugh well more time to add more cameos and easter eggs
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Oh man. That's too bad. Better delaying it than just rushing it out, I guess.

Yeah, that sucks. Best case scenario it's just tightening the film to make it better. On the worst case side the film is being used as a vessel to bolster the SUMC since it doesn't look like Morbius got much hype for it.

Extraordinary Member

Damn shame

I wonder if the delay will effect the books somehow. What If, and Gwen-Verse now that I think about it, were obviously to go along with the movie so we'll probably get some new multiverse thing next year too. Along with the idea we'd potentially be getting a new #1 to go along with the release, so I don't know how plans would go with that.

Yeah, that sucks. Best case scenario it's just tightening the film to make it better. On the worst case side the film is being used as a vessel to bolster the SUMC since it doesn't look like Morbius got much hype for it.
    It's possible since Madame Web will be releasing two weeks later I believe.

I'm sure it'll be worth the wait .

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    ugh well more time to add more cameos and easter eggs
    It'd be nice to see a Hawkeye easter egg in there, since Gwen's VA plays Kate Bishop in live action. Just showing Gwen with an archery set or something.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

July solicits

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #40
    SALADIN AHMED (W)
    CHRISTOPHER ALLEN (A)
    Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
    Predator variant COVER
    by Mattia De Iulis
    VARIANT COVER BY STEPHEN SEGOVIA
    EMPEROR SELIM'S ENDGAME!
    Miles' hunt through the spider-verse finally leads him to his long lost Uncle Aaron—the PROWLER! But Aaron's a captive of Selim, Miles' evil spider-clone, and if Miles wants to rescue his uncle, he'll have to bring down Selim's entire empire to do it! What does Selim want from Aaron, and is Miles willing to sacrifice everything—including his new allies--to save his family?

WHAT IF… MILES MORALES #5 (OF 5)
    CODY ZIGLAR (W) • PACO MEDINA (A/C)
    ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER
    BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    HOW MANY MILES DOES IT TAKE…TO SAVE THE UNIVERSE?!
    What if…the many Miles of the multiverse assembled to overcome a threat against all realities? The Prowler enacts the final phase of his evil plan alongside LOKI, SABRETOOTH, and CLASSIFIED! Spider-Man's gonna need some help on this one – good thing CAPTAIN AMERICA, WOLVERINE, HULK, and THOR have his back!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

I'll say either issue 40 is the end of the arc or the next issue. I'm also reminded of m distaste for Aaron's Prowler suit.

So we are getting Miles as the Prowler that brings all the heroic Miles' together to stop?

Also, no surprise Aaron is finally back.

It seems like Aaron was just trapped in this Bad Future reality this whole time. So unless something else happens in this storyline, we might not be going to 1610. They might actually be saving Ultimate Universe stuff for something else, like that Maker story.

Actually, now that I think about, I wonder where Green Goblin went.