Page 58 of 157 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Tyler Kirkham's variant for Miles Morales: Spider-Man #38:
    I personally like the concept of this relationship. Honestly, I know the death of Gwen Stacy is part of Peter Parker's life, but just like Peter's original relationships with Betty Brant and Liz Allen, nobody remembers them anymore. Nowadays, the main lov einterests we think for Peter are Mary Jane and Black Cat. So, I see Gwen and Miles' relationship working.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    This cover seems to be getting a ton of play on Spider-titles. The one with Peter + MJ, Parker+ Felicia, Otto + MJ, Ben + Jainie, and now Miles + Gwen. Probably missing one.

I'm of the opinion that Tiana probably isn't going to last much longer as primary love interest after the Aaron rescue. I don't think they'd move ahead with Gwiles though. I do expect some sort of team-up around the original release date of ATSV in October.

That was the Disney ride prequel tie-in comic right? It had the MCU's original idea for Iron Lad as a main character along with Okoye and Lunella?
    I think her name was Onome, but yes, she was from Wakanda.

Looks like Taskmaster and Black Ant are the baddies in the Miles/Moon Girl team-up
    Looks like Taskmaster will be ready for a rematch with Miles, and with Black Ant tagging along . . . he'd have to be careful not to get accidentally eaten by Devil Dinosaur, I'd think.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I personally like the concept of this relationship. Honestly, I know the death of Gwen Stacy is part of Peter Parker's life, but just like Peter's original relationships with Betty Brant and Liz Allen, nobody remembers them anymore. Nowadays, the main lov einterests we think for Peter are Mary Jane and Black Cat. So, I see Gwen and Miles' relationship working.
    Are you implying people don't remember Gwen Stacy w/ Peter? Because they def. do. It was adapted into a massive live action film as well

Although I don't think that's the problem w/ this relationship, atleast not a major one.It's more the age gap they had, and how it means she'll have to stick around in 616 more and more from the top of my head not to mention how it almost def. derail Gwen from her own stuff and will make them both be more multiversal in nature.

Although dating a version of Peter's dead ex doesn't help Miles w/ the originality thing, specially when most of his villains are Peter's(and others).

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Looks like Taskmaster will be ready for a rematch with Miles, and with Black Ant tagging along . . . he'd have to be careful not to get accidentally eaten by Devil Dinosaur, I'd think.
    Spencer made me like them a lot, they were hilarious under him so I hope this is good.Art looks great

Also case in point about Miles's villains

Sergio Davilo's variant for What If... #4:

Well, that's...violent.

I'm sure the Frost Giant deserved it. That big Visceral hit reminds me of Ottley on Invincible. Heads caved in, teeth, bone, and flesh flying everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, that's...violent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    I'm sure the Frost Giant deserved it. That big Visceral hit reminds me of Ottley on Invincible. Heads caved in, teeth, bone, and flesh flying everywhere.
    Ha, yes. Yes, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    You Starling who is being positioned ad Miles's MJ as with all the recent appearances in the What If series as well
    All the? Yeah, Tiana was in the first issue as the Falcon to Miles's Cap, but she wasn't in the Wolverine issue. Remains to be seen if she shows up in the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think her name was Onome, but yes, she was from Wakanda.
    Yeah. Her Earth-616 counterpart originates from Fantastic Four, she's a member of the Future Foundation.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    All the? Yeah, Tiana was in the first issue as the Falcon to Miles's Cap, but she wasn't in the Wolverine issue. Remains to be seen if she shows up in the others.
    Yeah. Her Earth-616 counterpart originates from Fantastic Four, she's a member of the Future Foundation.
    Ah, cool. Considering Black Panther first appeared in Fantastic Four, anyway, it does make sense that a Wakandan would join the Fantastic Four's Future Foundation.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    This is now Peter'S Gwen. spider gwen is much more Miles gwen. She had a lot of time getting to know Miles than any other spider, if they do put her with a big hero it's makes no most sense with Miles

Niffleheim

It makes no sense at all for anyone connected to Peter let alone Peter himself to be involved with Spider-Gwen.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by milesvspeter View Post
    This is now Peter'S Gwen. spider gwen is much more Miles gwen. She had a lot of time getting to know Miles than any other spider, if they do put her with a big hero it's makes no most sense with Miles
    She's not anyone's Gwen, that's the whole point

She's her own character w/ her own supporting cast and villains and even Earth

She's neither Peter's Gwen(616) or Miles(he doesn't have one)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    You Starling who is being positioned ad Miles's MJ as with all the recent appearances in the What If series as well
    She feels more like his own vulture themed Felicia more than anything especially in the way she acts towards him.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Anyone check out the spider verse unlimited infinity comic. It's an interesting dynamic for Miles he's annoyed that he's going to check out ESU because that's where the other spiders went and also repeatedly asks if it would be easier for him if he was a bad guy instead.
    Anyone see the latest issue yet?

Preview for What If #3
    https://graphicpolicy.com/2022/05/05...les-morales-3/
    Interesting to see it looks like Aaron starts off already seeking the non criminal life.