Page 6 of 157 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Pretty sure Barbara predates Parker's inclusion in Captain America Civil War. Tiana and Sean I could see, though they act really different from the MCU versions if they were based on them. Tiana's a proper Hero/Anti-hero and Sean is more of a wealth/status bully instead of a jock vs. nerd type of thing. I honestly liked Mr. Dutcher though. I thought it was neat to have an antagonist specific to Miles instead of Spider-man. I enjoyed his turn to after the attack on the school and he piece together Miles' identity, but respected him enough not to blackmail, call him out or whatever. He just silently supported him.

Mr. Sumida is great and I do hope he sticks around.
    Yeah, I'd agree with you on Dutcher, though as for Sean, it should be mentioned that the MCU's take on Flash was a flashy rich kid, somewhat similar to Sean, who was quick on the trigger with the answers even if he didn't always (or often) have the right answers in class, and resented Peter for being (even) smarter than him, hence the bullying in that version.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Can Miles have a gf that is understanding for once instead of jumping to conclusions about him being a criminal or comfort him when he's stressed out about situations?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    Can Miles have a gf that is understanding for once instead of jumping to conclusions about him being a criminal or comfort him when he's stressed out about situations?
    His track record in choosing girlfriends hasn’t been stellar. Katherine Bishop, Barbra and Tiana. Thank god he doesn’t reciprocate Lana’s feelings coz that would have been a recipe for disaster.

They can still do something with Lana by completely changing her character where she could differentiate herself from these lot.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    His track record in choosing girlfriends hasn’t been stellar. Katherine Bishop, Barbra and Tiana. Thank god he doesn’t reciprocate Lana’s feelings coz that would have been a recipe for disaster.

They can still do something with Lana by completely changing her character where she could differentiate herself from these lot.
    By being a good, healthy, girlfriend ?

Fantastic Member

I mean she was able to do something the others couldn't do already, handle him being Spider-Man. She always tried to help him sort stuff out or what he should do with no judgment and offered what she would do.

Lana was more caring in that single conversation during Civil War II than any of Miles' girlfriends were/are in their entire relationships. Will someone please save him or at least get him better taste?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    By being a good, healthy, girlfriend ?
    Lol! No that’s a given right? Emotionally healthy? No. I want to see development I don’t wanna see her always superheroing unless she is in therapy or she has someone to help her with direction in her life because she certainly isn’t getting that from her mother. Where does she live and who is taking care of her? Lana has a lot potential but her character is continuously not being utilized. She doesn’t even need to be a romantic interest but a writer can’t still do more with her.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Fantastic Member

Not sure if most of the Ultimate lore is still canon but she didn't want to rob banks and be a criminal anymore so she decided to change. She had a parole officer and therapist and she lived with her grandmother if I remember but by "Spider-Man v2" she made some changes to her life by not cursing all the time and you can see this when she was trying to be lady-like to Miles's mom and grandma when asking if he was home then granny goes crazy by accusing her of being his dealer(old Lana would have chewed her out) or when it started to come out only when she was frustrated and fighting villains. She wanted to help people thanks to Miles because she knows all the people he's helped as Spider-Man, the only thing I want to know is how long have they been friends in the new canon and when did he tell her that he was Spider-Man. The mom thing was brutal though, she wanted to control Lana anyway possible because originally they could only use their powers when they were together but now she knows Lana is very good friends with the younger Spider-Man so if Lana wont listen to her maybe roughing up Spider-Man would change her mind.
    Last edited by Jaychance; 01-11-2022 at 06:40 PM.

Lol! No that’s a given right? Emotionally healthy? No. I want to see development I don’t wanna see her always superheroing unless she is in therapy or she has someone to help her with direction in her life because she certainly isn’t getting that from her mother. Where does she live and who is taking care of her? Lana has a lot potential but her character is continuously not being utilized. She doesn’t even need to be a romantic interest but a writer can’t still do more with her.
    I'm sure we'll probably learn more about Starling's entire lifestory/living situation than we will anything new with Lana at this rate.

His track record in choosing girlfriends hasn’t been stellar. Katherine Bishop,
    I wonder what 616 Kate would think about her being HYDRA? It never came up when Miles and Kate were on a team together in War of the Realms, presumably because Miles doesn't remember 1610 Kate.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

After rereading Spider-Man vol2 Bendis wrote Miles and Ganke like assholes when it came to girls, Ganke telling Miles to stop being Spider-Man so Danika wouldn't find out and possibly want to date him instead and Miles blowing off Lana because she was just acting "weird" when everyone told him she loves him but he still didn't believe it and thought she was just being overprotective after the Hammerhead situation. The dude that wanted a girlfriend couldn't believe that one of his best friends was in love with him, Bendis really loves his drama and I wonder if he was trying to set up some love triangle with Barbara before he got sick then bounced to DC for Superman and the bag.

Avengers #53 variant by Joshua Swaby

https://twitter.com/JSwayArt/status/1481315890457108480

After rereading Spider-Man vol2 Bendis wrote Miles and Ganke like assholes when it came to girls, Ganke telling Miles to stop being Spider-Man so Danika wouldn't find out and possibly want to date him instead.
    When did this happen? I remember Ganke suggesting Miles possibly changing his hero id because, Miles was feeling unsure of himself and stepping away from the Spider-Man name might help him come into his own.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 01-12-2022 at 09:24 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Not sure if most of the Ultimate lore is still canon but she didn't want to rob banks and be a criminal anymore so she decided to change. She had a parole officer and therapist and she lived with her grandmother if I remember but by "Spider-Man v2" she made some changes to her life by not cursing all the time and you can see this when she was trying to be lady-like to Miles's mom and grandma when asking if he was home then granny goes crazy by accusing her of being his dealer(old Lana would have chewed her out) or when it started to come out only when she was frustrated and fighting villains. She wanted to help people thanks to Miles because she knows all the people he's helped as Spider-Man, the only thing I want to know is how long have they been friends in the new canon and when did he tell her that he was Spider-Man. The mom thing was brutal though, she wanted to control Lana anyway possible because originally they could only use their powers when they were together but now she knows Lana is very good friends with the younger Spider-Man so if Lana wont listen to her maybe roughing up Spider-Man would change her mind.
    Thanks for the recap. Those were interesting times.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Miles showed up in the final issue of Darkhawk:

spoilers:
    He webs up Connor's villain and just acts like a bro.

Also, Miles likes anime, which I think is great
    end of spoilers