Page 66 of 157 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    In general, I think Saladin's writing has been rather half-baked. Some of the stuff he's done starts out pretty interesting but then just fizzles out in the end. And I've mentioned before that, outside of Miles' family, he's done a poor job developing and fleshing out anyone else. Villain or otherwise.

Actually, now that I think about it, this is by far Saladin's longest running series. Everything else he's done has been around 6-12 issues long. I wonder if he's just not used to/comfortable writing big ongoing books like Miles'. Maybe he's better suited for smaller, shorter stories.
    I've had the same idea, the only other book he's done that went past 12 was Ms. Marvel and it didn't last much past issue 12 and I remember fans having a lot of problems with it. So based on what we've seen maybe long form isn't something he's mastered yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like the run has had a bit of a villain problem.
    It really is, I've said it before but three evil Miles stories in a single run is crazy to me. It would be too many if it was three stories in three consecutive runs and I don't understand the reason for it. There's not really any hard rules for Miles stories right now this should be a prime opportunity to experiment, but instead it's repeated ideas he came up with.

Ultimatum, Asset 42, Selim, Shift, Mindspinner, Alt Future Selim, Alt Future Shift.

Miles has fought seven different versions of himself, in three different story arcs, in a single run. Very curious about the thought process behind this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    It really is, I've said it before but three evil Miles stories in a single run is crazy to me. It would be too many if it was three stories in three consecutive runs and I don't understand the reason for it. There's not really any hard rules for Miles stories right now this should be a prime opportunity to experiment, but instead it's repeated ideas he came up with.
    Ultimatum, Asset 42, Selim, Shift, Mindspinner, Alt Future Selim, Alt Future Shift.

Miles has fought seven different versions of himself, in three different story arcs, in a single run. Very curious about the thought process behind this.
    Maybe this run really is just an entire Clone Saga the whole time .

So am I, usually stories like that are used to make who the character truly is really stand out but it's definitely not something that requires three different arc to do.

I feel like if there was a consistent theme in this run of Miles needing to discover who he really is and what's buried beneath, to find himself as a person, it would make more sense, but that hasn't really felt like the case.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe this run really is just an entire Clone Saga the whole time .
    Why are ppl disrespecting Frost Pharaoh and Assessor?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Marvel are adamant that "young Spider-Man is the best Spider-Man", but Miles is about to graduate (and considering writers' love for timeskips, it's gonna be pretty awkward if he doesn't relatively soon) and they've barely scratched the surface of the high school/teenage trappings.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Marvel are adamant that "young Spider-Man is the best Spider-Man", but Miles is about to graduate (and considering writers' love for timeskips, it's gonna be pretty awkward if he doesn't relatively soon) and they've barely scratched the surface of the high school/teenage trappings.
    Oddly enough actually true to the original Leet/Ditko high school era that only lasted for 28 issues.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    There is no way in hell he is graduating in the comics.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Both Miles and Kamala have to be in their last year of school at this point. They were both 16 immediately after Secret Wars, but both have had a relative (Miles' Mom, Kamala's sister-in-law) go through a full term pregnancy since then, so that's nine months right there. Champions #24, the issue with the shooting at Miles's school, was set on the first day of a new school year as well, and that was published four years ago (and the sliding timescale is basically 1 in-universe year to four real years). That makes both characters 17 at least. And how long was the Underage Superhuman Welfare Act (Kamala's Law) in force for? That's gotta be a few months at least. I can see Kamala graduating in her next ongoing book (they were both shown touring ESU in the Marvel Rising comic that was set on Earth-616, and that was three years ago), and Miles will need to at the same time.

The Champions were wise to pick a non-age related name, enough time has passed that any Young Avengers team reunion should be using the New Avengers brand at this point (not unlike how the New Teen Titans became the New Titans, dropping the Teen because they were now in their 20s).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Niffleheim

General Ganke was what I liked most in this issue I'm still unsure on how I feel about the new world.

Peach Momoko variant for #39:

It's part of a pair with an Amazing Spider-Man #5 variant

Cool cover .

Couldn't Gwen's have been used on her OWN book? Isn't Gwenverse still running?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I thought it was odd too. I think #3 of Gwenverse releases the same month as Miles' issue #39 (this month). They could have just used it there. I don't know what Marvels' reasoning is.