Page 71 of 157 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2354

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Possibly. Lana isn't up there either, but what else is new, lol. They could be on the cards that are covered up.
    I've given up on any form of Lana acknowledgement at this point, but something behind the card is a possibility. After a quick google the cards are accurately named and numbered and it looks like the ones with parts obscured are repeats, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think it ought to be policy that character designs in comics that will inevitably have the writers and artists replaced on multiple occasions or have those characters appear in multiple comic series should be made with this thought at the forefront: "Will it look the same, or at least decently recognizable, no matter the artist drawing it?"
    It feels like it should just be common courtesy to make something that needs to constantly be reproduced easy to reproduce. A year's worth of reproduction problems should have put a shorter timer on it. Also all this time and the undersuit still hasn't made an actual appearance, like did Ahmed forget it exists or is every enemy Miles has fought just really weak?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    What game(s) did it show up in, if I may ask?
    The new mobile game that is coming out. First time it was featured in video game form. looked alright there. obviously it'll be an unlock in Spider-man 2 no doubt.

I assume issue 42 is probably the last hurrah for the new suit though.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Though looking at it to be fair, I wouldn't mind if Anya or Miguel got the stand-alone stories this year, since last year's Anthology Miles got 2.

I really like these anthologies, but I don't want Marvel to fall into the trap of only using a specific set of characters each year.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    The new mobile game that is coming out. First time it was featured in video game form. looked alright there. obviously it'll be an unlock in Spider-man 2 no doubt.

I assume issue 42 is probably the last hurrah for the new suit though.
    It would be fitting if the new costume started in a special issue and the old one comes back in a special issue.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

Though looking at it to be fair, I wouldn't mind if Anya or Miguel got the stand-alone stories this year, since last year's Anthology Miles got 2.

I really like these anthologies, but I don't want Marvel to fall into the trap of only using a specific set of characters each year.
    Same, especially given that Anya was co-starring or co-featuring in one of Miles's stories from last year's anthology and Miguel's could be a great way to follow up on Spider-Man 2099: Exodus.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

And don't forget about Anya switching back to her Arana identity just before that issue comes out. Maybe they could do something about her embracing her heritage?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Was Champions the last thing Sam had a major focus in? I can't remember if he's been in anything else since.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure Champions #10 by Danny Lore is his most recent appearance.

Yes, Marvel Snap.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

So, um, yeah, on twitter there's presently a racist backlash against that What If Thor issue

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    So, um, yeah, on twitter there's presently a racist backlash against that What If Thor issue
    61A4BD57-BB8C-4488-AAAA-5ABC7AF27EF6.jpgD74DD270-649D-458F-B140-CD3CD338F8E5.jpg

Plenty of Black comic fans (me included) hate it too. Because “Asgard is his hood”? “By Odins fade?”

Seriously?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Yeah, I meant to word it like that, not 'racist backlash' as in just white folks balking at the story for bigoted reasons, but an overall more worldlier and racially charged backlash in that everyone thought it was full of offensive, tone-deaf stereotyping from a Caucasian writer who didn't read the room.

Yeah, I meant to word it like that, not 'racist backlash' as in just white folks balking at the story for bigoted reasons, but an overall more worldlier and racially charged backlash in that everyone thought it was full of offensive, tone-deaf stereotyping from a Caucasian writer who didn't read the room.
    Oh and the writers response to the backlash is just classy. D61D02FC-3951-4026-A1A9-87CBEEBED623.jpg
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

What's the problem with the writer being white? Miles has never had an African-American main writer. Neither Bendis nor Ahmed are black.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

He also has a white and female creator, the only issue I had was all of the weird lyrical rhyming he did that got on my nerves somewhat, it looked like a nervous tick he did when he fought but talked normally everywhere else.

Niffleheim

the last few days this topic has been bubbling and it is becoming bigger and bigger with each day. it's fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What's the problem with the writer being white? Miles has never had an African-American main writer. Neither Bendis nor Ahmed are black.
    I'd rather writers either keep quiet, defend themselves or course correct when they're accused of Tone-deafness. I've forgotten how Bendis reacted when he as the white writer, writing a black character who bristled and looked displeased by being described as a "black spider-man" and in the same panel assert that he is half Hispanic was just beyond tone-deafness. I know some ppl like and dislike qualifiers like that but writers need more info if they want to write about race or a culture they aren't familiar with and I know ppl find this "woke" now but they should do what Jim Zub did with Snowguard.
    Last edited by Tofali; 06-18-2022 at 07:38 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

The Thor comic seems to be emulating the 90s or "old" hip hop aesthetic as a sort of translation to the way Thor's usual mannerisms and speech of "ye Olde English". More like 'Menace II society' or 'Do the Right thing'. Seems that translation is perceived as genuine.

Fantastic Member

The Thor comic seems to be emulating the 90s or "old" hip hop aesthetic as a sort of translation to the way Thor's usual mannerisms and speech of "ye Olde English". More like 'Menace II society' or 'Do the Right thing'. Seems that translation is perceived as genuine.
    I know what it was emulating just found it kinda annoying with the music references than actual lyrics, at least have Miles spit actual bars he came up with on the fly.