Page 73 of 157 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2354
    Niffleheim

I loved Royals. it might have failed by not selling well but it told a very good story for the Inhumans.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    the last few days this topic has been bubbling and it is becoming bigger and bigger with each day. it's fascinating.

I'd rather writers either keep quiet, defend themselves or course correct when they're accused of Tone-deafness. I've forgotten how Bendis reacted when he as the white writer, writing a black character who bristled and looked displeased by being described as a "black spider-man" and in the same panel assert that he is half Hispanic was just beyond tone-deafness. I know some ppl like and dislike qualifiers like that but writers need more info if they want to write about race or a culture they aren't familiar with and I know ppl find this "woke" now but they should do what Jim Zub did with Snowguard.
    Pretty much. As for "woke," from my recollection, that was originally African-American Vernacular English for keeping aware of and on guard for how those holding dominance within the power structures of American society would routinely undermine and disenfranchise those relegated to lower positions in those power structures in order to maintain that dominance for themselves. As with so many other things, it got appropriated and then distorted into an insult for anyone daring to so much as even acknowledge racism (or other bigotries) as a major or primary factor in how differently life could turn out for people in otherwise similar circumstances or with otherwise similar credentials or capabilities.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    I haven't read everything Ziglar has written except that future Miles story in the anniversary issue and the first issue of What If... He just seems okay, nothing too impressive, I don't think I'd want him doing Miles' ongoing. He also did a Miles/Starling story in a Voices issue I believe (I didn't read it) and a few issues of Beyond. I'm not sure which ones, the whole things kind of a blur.

If Miles needs to have a black writer I'd like it if Marvel got Geoffrey Thorne on it. I'd like Priest too, but that seems unlikely.

Personally, I want Donny Cates on the book so he can do his thing.
    Too bad Eve Ewing is not writing for Marvel anymore she was great on Ironheart, I feel like she would have been great on Miles book.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Too bad Eve Ewing is not writing for Marvel anymore she was great on Ironheart, I feel like she would have been great on Miles book.
    I enjoyed her Ironheart and I think she wrote Miles pretty well in his guest appearance. It's a shame her Champions got screwed the way it did, but what can you do?

Niffleheim

She started stories strong and I remember loving how Champions and IronHeart started but then I lost interest.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I enjoyed her Ironheart and I think she wrote Miles pretty well in his guest appearance. It's a shame her Champions got screwed the way it did, but what can you do?
    She started stories strong and I remember loving how Champions and IronHeart started but then I lost interest.
    Fair enough. At the very least, her characterization of Ironheart was a marked improvement over Riri's own creator, but I'd generally say that in the latter period of his time with Marvel, a lot of his ideas and concepts were better executed by subsequent writers. That said, what I particularly liked about Eve Ewing's Ironheart was how she was willing to draw upon even the more obscure parts of Marvel canon and weave them into the story she was writing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I miss Champions, but for some reason it just can't seem to stick around. Which sucks because I feel like it got better with each new writer.

And as far as writers for Miles goes, I just want some that'll put their all into expanding and elevating Miles' story. I feel like we haven't had a really memorable story for a while now.

I loved Royals. it might have failed by not selling well but it told a very good story for the Inhumans.
    The main thing I remember about Royals was the Maximus fakeout, Medusa getting short-hair, and swinging to yet another man instead of Black Bolt. Oh, I guess there was Ronan manpain too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I miss Champions, but for some reason it just can't seem to stick around. Which sucks because I feel like it got better with each new writer.

And as far as writers for Miles goes, I just want some that'll put their all into expanding and elevating Miles' story. I feel like we haven't had a really memorable story for a while now.
    I didn't love Danny Lore's run. Not so much because it was bad, the characterization was solid and the character voices sounded right, but the whole plot was just kind of boring to me and the art kind of plastic-y.

Zub deserved a longer run on the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I really like the slice of life stuff the champions did, but I felt like they could have used a major recurring antagonist or some sort of large plot thread. Roxxon was sort of that for Outlawed but that was really it.

Niffleheim

From 2019 under Saladin we have had #38 issues, Absolute Carnage (3 issues), Infinite Destinies One-shot, and Spider-Man: The End. It feels like it's coming to an end

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The main thing I remember about Royals was the Maximus fakeout, Medusa getting short-hair, and swinging to yet another man instead of Black Bolt. Oh, I guess there was Ronan manpain too.

I didn't love Danny Lore's run. Not so much because it was bad, the characterization was solid and the character voices sounded right, but the whole plot was just kind of boring to me and the art kind of plastic-y.

Zub deserved a longer run on the book.
    Zub did deserve a longer run, but all together didn't he have the longest? Part of it being attached to Waid's run probably didn't help it in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    I really like the slice of life stuff the champions did, but I felt like they could have used a major recurring antagonist or some sort of large plot thread. Roxxon was sort of that for Outlawed but that was really it.
    True, the closest thing they had before that was probably the Freelancers.

Those Thor panels I've been seeing all over Twitter are atrocious. Good lord
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Ultimate Member

Last day of Fan Fest 2022 here....

Saw a ton of kids dressed as Miles Morales (the comic version more than the movie one). In fact I did not see the Spiderverse version. It was comic or game version.

Saw plenty of fan art with him too.

Astonishing Member

Miles will be featured in a new Marvel's Voices: Comunidades, with a story written by Edgar Delgado: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/06/16/ma...2022-one-shot/

Sam's (Nova) is also getting a story!
    Woah! It's been forever since Sam's gotten anything, so happy he'll have a story in this! (I'm guessing Sam's and Miles's stories are separate, right?)

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Woah! It's been forever since Sam's gotten anything, so happy he'll have a story in this! (I'm guessing Sam's and Miles's stories are separate, right?)
    Yeah, they're seperate. Fabian Nicieza will be writing Sam's.

Also, maybe its just me, but it feels like we've been getting Miles' journal entries less frequently lately. I don't even remember the last time we got them.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 06-20-2022 at 05:28 PM.