Page 81 of 157 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2354

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    When are they going to drop that sweatshirt look for Miles…. The new costume looks good without it.
    Hopefully Miles can run into someone strong enough to rip it up during a fight.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 07-04-2022 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    When are they going to drop that sweatshirt look for Miles…. The new costume looks good without it.
    If people's theories are right about the old suit coming back in issue 42 or 43 and the sweatsuit never comes off, the entire costume becomes irredeemable to me because it means the only part I kinda liked didn't even really exist.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Hopefully Miles can run into someone strong enough to rip it up during a fight.
    How hasn’t he already tho? Lol
    It’s just a normal fabric .

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    How hasn’t he already tho? Lol
    It’s just a normal fabric .
    It was made out of materials from the Van Dyne Design Studio. It's probably a bit sturdier than cotton.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    It was made out of materials from the Van Dyne Design Studio. It's probably a bit sturdier than cotton.
    Which is weird because it was created by a literal child and the old one given to him by Nick Fury was as a durable a tissue paper.

Taskmaster cut through his sleeve when they fought

It's weird that he drew blood since Miles' shoulders are armored

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Please don't give it a nickname. Also The Hollywood Reporter has taken notice of this now. Here is a taste of the article and here is a link
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com
    Having read that article myself some days ago, I'd generally concur. The problem, ultimately, is that the creativity and effort put into Miles's adaptations in the Spider-Verse animated films and the Spider-Man: Miles Morales spinoff by Insomniac Games hasn't been reflected, channeled, or invested in the comics proper, and that's something that has to change, sooner rather than later. Marvel as a corporation can't just pat itself on the back for introducing a biracial (black/Latin) Spider-Man into mainstream continuity and then do as little for him as a character as it thinks it can get away with beyond marketing. Otherwise, that's how you continue to get comparatively lackluster portrayals in the comics themselves, assuming they don't cross the line outright like the last What If? Miles Morales did.

On a hopefully happier note . . . I've been meaning to share this as well. Marcus Williams's redesign(s) for Miles Morales/Spider-Man, giving him his own nanotech costume as designed by Shuri from Black Panther.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

That "Brown Recluse" character also shown at that link reminds me of Empress from the original Young Justice comics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

I do like seeing writers are now incorporating skills and abilities Miles has from other media namely his video game, from that leak it seems Marvel likes Miles's ability to absorb electricity and accelerate himself and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    I do like seeing writers are now incorporating skills and abilities Miles has from other media namely his video game, from that leak it seems Marvel likes Miles's ability to absorb electricity and accelerate himself and others.
    I enjoy it too, makes me even more excited for the next game. Wonder when we'll be seeing him do a venom jump in the comics? Also sorta funny the energy webs got discarded, but arguably stronger things are getting added because of the game.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That "Brown Recluse" character also shown at that link reminds me of Empress from the original Young Justice comics.
    Hmm, yeah? Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    Yeah, those were pretty cool expansions for his bioelectric abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I enjoy it too, makes me even more excited for the next game. Wonder when we'll be seeing him do a venom jump in the comics? Also sorta funny the energy webs got discarded, but arguably stronger things are getting added because of the game.
    I think the "Venom Leap" happened in the issue(s) where Miles was fighting Taskmaster when Taskmaster went after Tiana/Starling for whatever reason. He used it to close the distance when Taskmaster was trying to get away with a captive Tiana on a boat.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think the "Venom Leap" happened in the issue(s) where Miles was fighting Taskmaster when Taskmaster went after Tiana/Starling for whatever reason. He used it to close the distance when Taskmaster was trying to get away with a captive Tiana on a boat.
    Yep. It was the first time he did it so he couldn't control it properly.

I'm really not sure how to describe today's issue right now. It was just...odd? I don't know.

This What If... series ended up feeling kind of goofy and not in a good way. It certainly wasn't worth all the drama and controversy it got caught up in.

lol. And we do get to see Miles' sweater get shredded in this issue, but it doesn't seem like he was wearing anything underneath it.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 07-06-2022 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    I'm really not sure how to describe today's issue right now. It was just...odd? I don't know.

This What If... series ended up feeling kind of goofy and not in a good way. It certainly wasn't worth all the drama and controversy it got caught up in.
    Odd is a good way to put it, it just sorta ends abruptly. Like the last Spider-Verse mini this one probably would've benefited from just having one writer, or just having this be a bunch of unconnected one shots.

spoilers:
    Also Blue Marvel Aaron was a weird choice, every other Aaron took over a villainous identity why did this one take a heroic one and stay evil? Wasn't the Aaron's entire beef with the Miles about living in his shadow? What is Blue Aaron's Miles up to that he outshines a super powerful super genius? The only thing I can think of is the Miles of the dimension is Anti Man, but the Anti Man that ended up being a herald to Life Bringer Galactus. (I'd have really liked to see that one since all the other were overall a lower scale thing.) Miles being the envoy of a life bringing god being is really the only excuse that gives such petty reasoning any viability. It would also make sense given they literally copied the page from Ultimates where Blue Marvel knocks out Ultimate Hulk. Keeping him a secret really wasn't worth since he added nothing to the plot, and was really only there to make it so the Miles team couldn't slap the Aaron team around effortlessly. His design was also pretty lazy, if I didn't have any context and saw the design I would've just assumed it was regular Blue Marvel with a goatee. Hell Saber Aaron's design wasn't anything special but at least he had a mustache.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dragonick; 07-06-2022 at 12:59 PM.

2 out of 5 good reads I guess. #5 was ok I think just strange. Even though I really enjoyed the Hulk and Captain America issues I would have preferred this What-if series to explore something else. Playing with Miles Origin back to back to back looks it's impact real quick. Such story potential too, like what if 1610 had continued on after secret wars or what if Parker survived the fight with Green Goblin. What if the Champions stayed members of the Avengers etc.