Page 82 of 157 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2354
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

So when this arc ends, will Ahmed speed things up to catch up to Peter's un-necessary 6-month time skip?
    "Cable was right!"

He probably can't, as those six months would be enough to put Miles past school age. And of course if he graduates from Brooklyn Visions, that's a whole new status quo.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Unless #42 is the beginning of the end of Ahmed's run and Miles will actually be graduating soon.

Fantastic Member

The final issue was weird and the whole story reason for the mini could be summed up as Aaron was jealous and petty of his nephew. This could have been better if it was six issues with one writer and artist working on this instead of a grab bag but meh, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    The final issue was weird and the whole story reason for the mini could be summed up as Aaron was jealous and petty of his nephew. This could have been better if it was six issues with one writer and artist working on this instead of a grab bag but meh, I guess.
    Or a different premise. It was so annoying seeing them just reuse the Miles vs. Aaron vs. Jeff story over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Unless #42 is the beginning of the end of Ahmed's run and Miles will actually be graduating soon.
    I could see #42 being the beginning of the end, if they let him do 50 issues he could probably do two arcs and the last issue would drop the month before Across the Spider-Verse comes out. If all things go as planned at least.

As far as graduating goes, I could see it happening. Next year would make almost twelve years and all things considered college life wouldn't be all that different from his current life, aside from maybe giving him a part time job.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Odd is a good way to put it, it just sorta ends abruptly. Like the last Spider-Verse mini this one probably would've benefited from just having one writer, or just having this be a bunch of unconnected one shots.

spoilers:
    Also Blue Marvel Aaron was a weird choice, every other Aaron took over a villainous identity why did this one take a heroic one and stay evil? Wasn't the Aaron's entire beef with the Miles about living in his shadow? What is Blue Aaron's Miles up to that he outshines a super powerful super genius? The only thing I can think of is the Miles of the dimension is Anti Man, but the Anti Man that ended up being a herald to Life Bringer Galactus. (I'd have really liked to see that one since all the other were overall a lower scale thing.) Miles being the envoy of a life bringing god being is really the only excuse that gives such petty reasoning any viability. It would also make sense given they literally copied the page from Ultimates where Blue Marvel knocks out Ultimate Hulk. Keeping him a secret really wasn't worth since he added nothing to the plot, and was really only there to make it so the Miles team couldn't slap the Aaron team around effortlessly. His design was also pretty lazy, if I didn't have any context and saw the design I would've just assumed it was regular Blue Marvel with a goatee. Hell Saber Aaron's design wasn't anything special but at least he had a mustache.
    end of spoilers
    I haven't read Miles since Bendis wrote him, but does he always use this much slang? It feels very "How you doing, fellow kids?" It was like every piece of dialogue in this version was slang.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I haven't read Miles since Bendis wrote him, but does he always use this much slang? It feels very "How you doing, fellow kids?" It was like every piece of dialogue in this version was slang.
    No he hasn't, this is kind of a recent thing. It can be a little off putting at times imo.

Since Ahmed's run started he's been using a lot more slang and more Spanglish than he was before; although it's not has heavy as it was when Ahmed first started writing. Now that I think about it, it's not very prominent in most of Miles' current appearances, it's mainly in his own book or stuff that's been written by Cody Ziglar. His other appearances is say Ironheart, Darkhawk, Devil's Reign, etc., he uses little to no slang at all. At least nothing that feels super forced.

The extra story in issue #30 by Ziglar was a little unbearable for me to read.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 07-07-2022 at 08:52 PM.

BANNED

No he hasn't, this is kind of a recent thing. It can be a little off putting at times imo.

Since Ahmed's run started he's been using a lot more slang and more Spanglish than he was before; although it's not has heavy as it was when Ahmed first started writing. Now that I think about it, it's not very prominent in most of Miles' current appearances, it's mainly in his own book or stuff that's been written by Cody Ziglar. His other appearances is say Ironheart, Darkhawk, Devil's Reign, etc., he uses little to no slang at all. At least nothing that feels super forced.

The extra story in issue #30 by Ziglar was a little unbearable for me to read.
    I feel iffy criticizing it because I'm white and I think Ziglar is black, but it just feels so over-the-top and stereotypical. It was really grating to read. I mean, I've heard people talk like that in real life and it feels natural in that context, but it just feels so weird here. It's like street slang mixed with zoomer slang and it feels like a writer trying too hard to sound hip.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I feel iffy criticizing it because I'm white and I think Ziglar is black, but it just feels so over-the-top and stereotypical. It was really grating to read. I mean, I've heard people talk like that in real life and it feels natural in that context, but it just feels so weird here. It's like street slang mixed with zoomer slang and it feels like a writer trying too hard to sound hip.
    I don't think you have anything to feel bad about. I'm black and it sounds forced to me too. Especially since Miles never spoke like this before. It feels like they think that just because Miles is a young black man, he needs to speak this way and he really doesn't.

There's nothing wrong with adding a little slang to his vocabulary, they just need to find a balance and make it sound natural.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 07-07-2022 at 09:35 PM.

I don't think you have anything to feel bad about. I'm black and it sounds forced to me too. Especially since Miles never spoke like this before. It feels like they think that just because Miles is a young black man, he needs to speak this way and he really doesn't.

There's nothing wrong with adding a little slang to his vocabulary, they just need to find a balance and make it sound natural.
    To add onto this, it's not like Miles hasn't had black writers before and none of them wrote his dialogue like Ziglar does. I really don't know where Ziglar gets his Miles voice from if I'm being honest, it's why I don't want him on the main book.

And speaking of black writers Miles has had, I don't remember it getting announced but Justin A. Reynolds is dropping another graphic novel about Miles this October. It's called Miles Morales: Stranger Tides.

I really enjoyed his first one so I'm definitely going to check out this one when I get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    Honestly, I’m surprised that they didn’t make the point that our Miles seems to be the only one who broke that cycle of his uncle being petty and jealous towards him as some key to resolving this story. Certainly would have been better than what we got.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    To add onto this, it's not like Miles hasn't had black writers before and none of them wrote his dialogue like Ziglar does. I really don't know where Ziglar gets his Miles voice from if I'm being honest, it's why I don't want him on the main book.

And speaking of black writers Miles has had, I don't remember it getting announced but Justin A. Reynolds is dropping another graphic novel about Miles this October. It's called Miles Morales: Stranger Tides.

I really enjoyed his first one so I'm definitely going to check out this one when I get the chance.
    Cool! It's kind of neat that both Peter and Miles have middle-grade graphic novel series out now.

Fantastic Member

I think there needs to be a balance of Miles using slang and speaking Spanish/Spanglish because growing up with Hispanic family members he would hear that especially from Rio and his grandmother. Why I think Miles using slang may sound weird to some is Brian never really used slang terms for Miles and it needs some getting used too but again it needs a balance as I don't want Miles's vocabulary to be swapped out for street terms all of a sudden to be hip and cool.

Astonishing Member

You know? Since they made counterparts of Miles Morales as Captain America, Hulk, Wolverine and Thor... Why not one as Iron Man? Or it would better to be War Machine, replacing James Rhodes?