Page 89 of 157 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2354
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

We'll have to see if that's true

BANNED

I think they want you to worry about every Spider with the End of Spider-Verse story, or perhaps Miles will emerge from that event changed in time for the next creative team

Fantastic Member

Out of all Saladin's characters I think Starling is gonna be left in the box when the new team starts as he never really went anywhere with her other than she is a walking red flag.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

1658851090343384.jpg

Message from the writer

Niffleheim

I'm glad it isn't cancelled but I really hope it's Cates that's taking over. He needs to finish his Ultimate Universe stories and I wouldn't mind so much to go back to the Ultimate branding. Is all these too much to hope? lol!
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    Out of all Saladin's characters I think Starling is gonna be left in the box when the new team starts as he never really went anywhere with her other than she is a walking red flag.
    Yeah, short of Champions relaunching (Eve Ewing added her to the team in her short run), she's probably history. Bombshell too, as Ahmed seemed to phase her out. It's no different to Iron Man... Slott had Tony dating Janet Van Dyne, Cantwell had him ditch her and quickly get together with Patsy Walker. That relationship also looks doomed (he's leaving the book, so OF COURSE she rejected Tony's marriage proposal).

Miles now having a baby sister and his father now using the Morales surname are two changes which will be carried over to the next creative team. How Bendis didn't realise that the name Jefferson Davis was problematic, I just don't get - it seems obvious now why Ahmed had to change it. Could've understood it if he wasn't American, but surely you learn about ex-Presidents at school in the USA?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's good to finally have some confirmation on the book's status, and nice to know that a writer has already been selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if she did, I mean I don't think she ever even gets mentioned or spoken of in any issue that she doesn't appear in. Honestly a lot of characters could get left in the box for the next run, since most of them didn't really go anywhere. Really I think Billie is the only one that can't be completely forgotten about, and being honest only Mr. Sumida and Assessor are the only ones I really care about coming back.

Also now I think Miles graduating definitely won't happen, I doubt Ahmed would choose to cram that in at the end.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 07-26-2022 at 05:26 PM.

Niffleheim

I think Frost Pharaoh and A.P. Lyle Dutcher will endure as characters
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Fantastic Member

I think people were right with that interview he did a while back about how he knew when his run would end was probably issue 50 but due to IRL situations he chose 42 instead. He would go dark for weeks on end on social media, only to pop up and plug his projects and leave again.

Yeah, maybe he always planned to do four years? But then the pandemic put us several months behind schedule...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I guess all those predictions of Saladin bowing out soon were true. Overall I felt there was more good than bad. While Bendis' 616 run setting up these huge 10 something issue story archs, Saladin kept a real brisk pace of 3-4 issues. 1st issue was set up, 2nd/3rd was the main action, 4th was conclusion and a lead in to the next arc. It was useful because it got adventures under Miles' belt and Morales was always in a fairly comfortable position if say he got dragged into one of those frequent line wide "nothing will ever be the same" events that pop in 616. Micheal had such large set ups that when events popped up it killed the flow of the book.
    Also was a fan of Ahmed's efforts to build up the school (especially in those earlier issues of the run). Expanding on the classmates, School specific arcs, Introducing actual faculty besides the odd hall monitor it really felt like BVA became a character itself more than just a flavorful backdrop.
    I enjoyed the added characters, Miles specific villains like Sean or Dutcher, New Spidey baddies like Assesor, Quantum, Snatcher and the clones, New family and allies like Billie, Tiana and Shift. and of course making some unique connections with world staples like Steve Rogers and Rhino.

I did have issues though with the run most of it coming from the end of it though. The evil Miles plot line which has been prevalent for the last like 10 issues, this extensive multiverse adventure which unfortunately seemed a bit pointless. Most of Miles cast being shelved or pushed into the background to accommodate new characters like Shift, or Tiana. Even hardline staples like Ganke are nowhere to be found let alone more niche allies like Bombshell.
    The feeling of isolation that the book has sort of shifted to with Miles feeling somewhat disconnected with the rest of 616 Marvel as a whole. The last 10 issues basically reducing the cast to roughly 4-5 characters. A lack of feats really for Miles during this time period or really for most of the run actually.
    I appreciated the risk Saladin and Chase Conley took on the new suit and really pushed it out of a simple or small tweak like most of Miles' other suits have been. It was an uphill battle because the OG was just an instant classic. I wish the suit would have had a bombastic story to go along with it. The muddy adventures of late don't do it any service and I fear it will be tarnished from use down the line by association with this latest era.

From the new team I definitely would enjoy a more grounded, return to form adventures and a better balancing of cast use rather than being front loaded for 1st 20 something issues and then gone until the last one.

I'm guessing, just like last time, the new book will launch after the upcoming Spider-Verse event. Hopefully Miles gets a good/significant role to play, so we'd at least have something in the meantime.

Niffleheim

I thought the book is not cancelled so why would there be a relaunch?

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I thought the book is not cancelled so why would there be a relaunch?
    It's number is probably going to go back to #1 when the new team takes over. That's usually how it works nowadays, and the book will keep a legacy number. I think that's what they meant.

Niffleheim

I was expecting it to continue and I don't like the idea of restarting even though I know that's the norm.