Page 91 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2354

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Very true, and now that you mention her I hope the next writer has her play a bigger role. We've gotten just about everything from Jeff's side of the family I want more about Rio's side, all we've ever gotten really was Gloria showing up in the last run.
    I think the middle school graphic novel did more with Rio's family than the comics have.

Niffleheim

I've had enough of both branches of the family where one are screw-ups while the other are self-righteous, eh! they need to stay gone.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Someone other than Steve Rogers? You know, it does seem odd that Miles only ever seems to team up with Steve, Peter, Gwen and Kamala. He did team up with Spider-Girl in one of the Marvel Voices issues, maybe he should team up with Arana again? They both have a latino background and it would be a good way to push Anya now that she's getting her old identity back. As for someone outside the Spider-Verse, what about Black Panther? Or the city's new Mayor, Luke Cage? And you mention mutants, well, Marvel Girl is the obvious one. The time displaced teen O5 minus Cyclops visited the Ultimate universe, so Jean met Miles and learned his secret identity. Adult Jean now has those memories. Scott has interacted with the Champions a couple of times since the adults got their younger selves' memories, but Jean hasn't met Miles again since.
    Besides Black Panther and Luke Cage, I'd also throw in Blue Marvel as a great potential non-Peter Parker mentor for Miles. Maybe Sam Wilson, too, or more on the street-level side of things, Night Thrasher . . . assuming the events of Outlawed can be forgiven and forgotten like Civil War more-or-less was.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 07-28-2022 at 02:58 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

They totally glossed over the impact of Outlawed. Shouldn't Nova, who was a former New Warrior, have been especially angry at Justice and Speedball's betrayal? Sam previously being their teammate didn't come up at all - in fact Champions has only ever mentioned it briefly in a narration box during Zub's run.

There'd be some irony if Miles met Night Thrasher, as the skateboarding hero is (a totally radical version of) a Batman expy, just like Nighthawk, the guy who was supposed to be his mentor in Heroes Reborn (where Miles was Falcon, the equivalent of Robin).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-29-2022 at 06:44 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

They totally glossed over the impact of Outlawed. Shouldn't Nova, who was a former New Warrior, have been especially angry at Justice and Speedball's betrayal? Sam previously being their teammate didn't come up at all - in fact Champions has only ever mentioned it briefly in a narration box during Zub's run.

There'd be some irony if Miles met Night Thrasher, as the skateboarding hero is (a totally radical version of) a Batman expy, just like Nighthawk, the guy who was supposed to be his mentor in Heroes Reborn (where Miles was Falcon, the equivalent of Robin).
    Ya know, the team up with Night Thrasher might be the sleeper pairing i didn't know i needed! Nova would be great. Blue Marvel, or Cable yes.

They kind of sweeped the New Warriors under the rug because their tie-in got canned.

Good point. I wonder if that was meant to happen in New Warriors #3? The Champions were to guest star in that issue, but of course the entire mini was scrapped.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

I would love to see Miles get some more original villains.

Saladin Ahmed did introduce a few that weren't clones or alternate reality Miles.

Frost Pharaoh

He could probably be for Miles what the Shocker is to Peter.

Quantum

A sentient Space Stone is a pretty good get for Miles.

The Assessor

Last edited by SpiderX; 07-30-2022 at 04:31 PM.

Niffleheim

I see Frost Pharaoh being used a lot while Assessor just a little simply because he is a horror show
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Spectacular Member

What type of villains would you like to see Miles face off against in the new run?

Street Level/Organized Crime
    Science-Based/Created by Corporations
    Mystical

I think it would be cool if Miles tackled some more mystical villains. I know in the original Jessica Drew series she took on that kind of role.

We could always bring in this villain from the Kane Scarlet Spider series.

Salamander

I'd like to see Miles get involved in mystical/supernatural stories.

I think Blackheart could be an interesting recurring villain. He developed a grudge against Miles after he was defeated in their first encounter and now probably hates him even more after his defeat in Champions. I could see him showing up occasionally to try to give Miles hell.

I think more magical/supernatural villains would be a great idea. Most spider books are street crime or science based villains, so I think it would benefit Miles a lot to have the kind of foes that can only be seen in his book. At least in terms of the spider side of things, and it would be a great opportunity to have more magic stories that don't need the big guns like Strange to come in to handle it. And as has been said Blackheart already hates him so he could be both a villain as well as a source of other lesser demons for Miles to fight.

I wonder if Ahmed's not doing anything more with Marvel if anyone will remember Amulet exists.

Spectacular Member

Blackheart sounds interesting as long as they go back to his old design.

We should bring over Senior Magico from Harlem while we're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    I'd like to see Miles get involved in mystical/supernatural stories.

I think Blackheart could be an interesting recurring villain. He developed a grudge against Miles after he was defeated in their first encounter and now probably hates him even more after his defeat in Champions. I could see him showing up occasionally to try to give Miles hell.

You can see the hesitation when Kamala says that.... since of course, his actions actually saved her life and deep down she knows the words that Blackheart's brainwashing is making her say are a lie. Running away wasn't a betrayal, it was him solving issues with his mental health. He had to get over the guilt of letting someone else die so that Kamala and Viv could live.