Page 92 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2354

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Ahmed's not doing anything more with Marvel if anyone will remember Amulet exists.
    I'm doubtful, besides the annual and a few Ms. Marvel issues did the guy ever appear in any other comic? Even in the annual he was just a red herring about potentially being a living infinity stone that Quantum turned out to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX View Post
    Blackheart sounds interesting as long as they go back to his old design.

We should bring over Senior Magico from Harlem while we're at it.

Mentioning Senior Magico reminded me the magic Miles conversation has come up before (way back in 2016) from both of us as a matter of fact. You even came up with a pretty cool original magic villain, so it's cool to see the idea still floating around.

Niffleheim

https://twitter.com/ArtsyPabster/sta...90596406198272

A preview print for Miles Morales Stranger Tides graphic novel. I didn't know Miles has had two graphic novels. Has anybody read them? How young do they skew?
    Last edited by Tofali; 08-01-2022 at 12:19 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I see Frost Pharaoh being used a lot while Assessor just a little simply because he is a horror show
    Indeed. "Exploitation made into an algorithm," as Selim put it. That said, that might actually be why the Assessor needs to show up more as an antagonist for Miles, or there can at least be another antagonist that picks up where the Assessor leaves off, insofar as Miles dealing with darker crimes, relating to that kind of systemic exploitation and abuse of human beings (maybe throw in some superhuman trafficking as well, so to speak), compared to what Marvel tends to have Peter address these days.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

https://twitter.com/ArtsyPabster/sta...90596406198272

A preview print for Miles Morales Stranger Tides graphic novel. I didn't know Miles has had two graphic novels. Has anybody read them? How young do the skew?
    Miles off to attend the Hellfire Gala.

I hope the next writer for Miles brings back Lana in his supporting cast and FINALLY touch on the story of them maybe dating, it was the perfect set up before Bendis left.

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    I hope the next writer for Miles brings back Lana in his supporting cast and FINALLY touch on the story of them maybe dating, it was the perfect set up before Bendis left.
    Same here, the absence of Lana in his supporting cast sucks.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Happy 11th anniversary to Miles, here's a cool costume redesign I saw recently by _artkin_

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I'm doubtful, besides the annual and a few Ms. Marvel issues did the guy ever appear in any other comic? Even in the annual he was just a red herring about potentially being a living infinity stone that Quantum turned out to be.

Mentioning Senior Magico reminded me the magic Miles conversation has come up before (way back in 2016) from both of us as a matter of fact. You even came up with a pretty cool original magic villain, so it's cool to see the idea still floating around.
    Wow! Yeah, that was being discussed a while back on the forums. Thanks for the compliment on my villain idea. I'm surprised you were able to find that post.

Spectacular Member

Are there any things you wish Marvel would incorporate into the comics from Miles' appearances in other media? (e.g., video games, into the spider-verse, novel, etc.)

Niffleheim

Yes I want the Chamberlains from the Spider-Man Miles Morales: Novel to be brought in to the comic book.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Happy 11th anniversary to Miles, here's a cool costume redesign I saw recently by _artkin_
    That is pretty cool.

Are there any things you wish Marvel would incorporate into the comics from Miles' appearances in other media? (e.g., video games, into the spider-verse, novel, etc.)
    The "Venom boost," where he channels the bioelectricity he can generate into his own body to amplify his movements and strikes, enabling him to jump higher and further and hit harder while simultaneously paralyzing whoever he hits. I would also like to see the Advanced Tech Suit, basically an armored version of his classic costume in the same way Spider-Armor MK IV was an armored version of Peter Parker's classic costume, as a new costume for a while to deal with tougher and more dangerous foes.

Yes I want the Chamberlains from the Spider-Man Miles Morales: Novel to be brought in to the comic book.
    By Jason Reynolds?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    By Jason Reynolds?
    Yes and if that isn't possible could we at least get a sequel.

Probably the artist angle.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Things I'd liked to see incorporated from multimedia:
    • Make Miles an artist
    • Ganke developing The Friendly Neighborhood App.
    • Danika running a podcast.
    • A new Phin Mason-esque tech villain. - Not necessarily a one-to-one of Phin from the game, but a former disgruntled Roxxon employee turned villain would be cool.
    • Make Lady Octupus a Miles villain. Carolyn has already been redesigned to look like Octavia. She's mainly just been filling out a roster slot on Beetle's Sinister Syndicate and nothing else. And With Ben....well Ben at the moment, this could be a nice time to use her in solo stories.

Things I'd liked to see incorporated from the Ultimate Universe:
    • The Serpent Skulls - Retool that gang that Miles and the others fought throughout All-New Ultimates. Maybe make them enforcers for someone like Tomoe.
    • Donald Roxxon - Personally I'd establish that it was he, not Norman that was running around as the new Green Goblin that Ultimatum brought over.
    • A Maker Storyline - At his point, it's weird that it's been 6 years now, and these two have not had a single storyline together.

And I've advocated this in the past, but I think there's a lot of potential to "refurbish" some of the more obscure Spider-Man villains and use them in Miles' book. Characters like Hydroman, Paper Doll, The Swarm, Stunner.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Yes and if that isn't possible could we at least get a sequel.
    That would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Things I'd liked to see incorporated from multimedia:
    • Make Miles an artist
    • Ganke developing The Friendly Neighborhood App.
    • Danika running a podcast.
    • A new Phin Mason-esque tech villain. - Not necessarily a one-to-one of Phin from the game, but a former disgruntled Roxxon employee turned villain would be cool.
    • Make Lady Octupus a Miles villain. Carolyn has already been redesigned to look like Octavia. She's mainly just been filling out a roster slot on Beetle's Sinister Syndicate and nothing else. And With Ben....well Ben at the moment, this could be a nice time to use her in solo stories.

Things I'd liked to see incorporated from the Ultimate Universe:
    • The Serpent Skulls - Retool that gang that Miles and the others fought throughout All-New Ultimates. Maybe make them enforcers for someone like Tomoe.
    • Donald Roxxon - Personally I'd establish that it was he, not Norman that was running around as the new Green Goblin that Ultimatum brought over.
    • A Maker Storyline - At his point, it's weird that it's been 6 years now, and these two have not had a single storyline together.

And I've advocated this in the past, but I think there's a lot of potential to "refurbish" some of the more obscure Spider-Man villains and use them in Miles' book. Characters like Hydroman, Paper Doll, The Swarm, Stunner.
    I like your list, though I'd add that Roxxon was a major factor in Miles's Ultimate origin story and then how he came into his own as a hero in Insomniac Games' Spider-Verse, as well as being the power behind "Kamala's Law" and C.R.A.D.L.E. going after teen heroes, Miles included, in 616. With that in mind, making Roxxon a more overarching corporate antagonist for Miles in the same way Oscorp has been for Peter or Alchemax (which turned out to be Oscorp's successor in 2099) for Miguel O'Hara could work, particularly given the theme of idealistic youth challenging corrupt entrenched authorities. The Serpent Skulls could also work as a more "street-level" spinoff of the Serpent Society from Captain America's rogues' gallery, and your idea for a Phin Mason-style antagonist would be fine as more of an anti-corporate vigilante in the vein of Cardiac from Peter's rogues' gallery (although occasionally an ally of Peter as well), with a personal mad-on for Roxxon because of losing a beloved family member to Roxxon's ever-insatiable greed.