Page 95 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2354
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    They might as well make her Miles' arm candy. The character has been stripped of everything that made her interesting and original so she'll be a good sidekick now...
    You don’t have to disrespect Gwen like that by just calling her arm candy. I’m sure they can do something with her character outside of being in Miles’ series. Also, let’s give this man a new and genuine love interest who he can plausibly have a relationship with. No, dimension hopping stuff. Keep that in the movies.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

He's dating Starling the vultures grand daughter

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    He's dating Starling the vultures grand daughter
    Oh, yeah . . . wonder how long that's gonna last.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Oh, yeah . . . wonder how long that's gonna last.
    Hard to tell on one hand she didn't really do much in this run, on the other she somehow managed to make appearances in outside books. (Mild as they may have been) Though as this run showed a new writer getting rid of the old love interest is nothing uncommon, and I could easily see another writer breaking them up for an easy new antagonist.

Really makes me wonder what will be kept from this run and what will be discarded. Besides Billie I don't really think there's anything that couldn't be ignored going forward.

Savage Avengers #4 preview:
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/08/12/ma...-avengers-4-2/

We get the Miles-lok origin in this one.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 08-12-2022 at 05:27 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    https://graphicpolicy.com/2022/08/11...ge-avengers-4/

Thanks for sharing. I was curious about how that was gonna turn out.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

They weren't even a couple, they went on one date then she called Miles possessive or needy.

https://graphicpolicy.com/2022/08/11...ge-avengers-4/

Interesting preview classic dark future vibes complete with trench coat and everything, and man that version of Miles is bulky.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX View Post
    You don’t have to disrespect Gwen like that by just calling her arm candy. I’m sure they can do something with her character outside of being in Miles’ series. Also, let’s give this man a new and genuine love interest who he can plausibly have a relationship with. No, dimension hopping stuff. Keep that in the movies.
    Hey, I'm not the one pushing the ship Marvel is. I'd prefer the two to stay far, far, FAR away from each other.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Hey, I'm not the one pushing the ship Marvel is. I'd prefer the two to stay far, far, FAR away from each other.
    Welp I’m probably the only one on this forum that ships it, I personally want to see them interact more in the comics And do more team ups over time.

I remember that, starling imo is just a vulture themed version of Felicia
    Last edited by Cornbread11; 08-12-2022 at 03:29 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread11 View Post
    Welp I’m probably the only one on this forum that ships it, I personally want to see them interact more in the comics And do more team ups over time.
    I have no problem with the pairing as long as they make it plausible and meaningful. At the moment, it feels like Miles is a high school student from New Zealand while his girlfriend, Gwen, lives in Finland and he can only see her when his parents pay for the plane ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread11 View Post
    I like MilesxGwen. They're not my OTP or anything, but I think they make a good pair.

Miles was actually supposed to team up with Gwen in her 'Ghost-Spider' series from a few years ago. He was going to help take on her universe's versions of Sue and Johnny Storm, but plans changed. I think the Maker was supposed to be involved in that story too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Hard to tell on one hand she didn't really do much in this run, on the other she somehow managed to make appearances in outside books. (Mild as they may have been) Though as this run showed a new writer getting rid of the old love interest is nothing uncommon, and I could easily see another writer breaking them up for an easy new antagonist.

Really makes me wonder what will be kept from this run and what will be discarded. Besides Billie I don't really think there's anything that couldn't be ignored going forward.
    I agree, the new writer will probably go in their own direction. Starling might still be around, but only in the same way as Bombshell. Occasional reinforcements when the chips are down, or as Champions teammates if the team gets another run. For a recent example, look at Iron Man. Slott had him dating Wasp. Cantwell's first issue has them break up, and he gets together with Hellcat.

Billie obviously is a permanent addition. They can ditch everything else if they want (even the school - Dutcher and Sumida are an easy write out, if Miles graduates from Brooklyn Visions then he obviously won't interact with the teachers any more).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I like MilesxGwen. They're not my OTP or anything, but I think they make a good pair.

Miles was actually supposed to team up with Gwen in her 'Ghost-Spider' series from a few years ago. He was going to help take on her universe's versions of Sue and Johnny Storm, but plans changed. I think the Maker was supposed to be involved in that story too.
    I think it’s my third favorite comicbook pairing behind Peter&mj and bruce&selina

And yea I think I remember hearing something about that also it would’ve been a hell of a good team-up arc.
    It almost seem like miles was gonna team up with her at some point in his current multiversal journey but feels like the axed it last minute what a shame.