Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I’m still in favor of the idea that he leaves when they refuse to let him kick the Nazi off of the Quiet Council.
    Agreed, I honestly hope he sends Sinister to exile before leaving like he doesnīt have anything else to lose so he may as well just do it.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes, he seems to be leaving Krakoa as well, I think we will see his real reason for leaving after X lives of Wolverine, the story was named as part of Inmortal X-men solicits and it acording to Percy Logan will do some timetravelling, to WWII so I suspect he may meet young magneto there and something may happen that makes Magneto leave for good the council, reveal the QC secrets and leave.

I didnīt like the end either but I was expecting it, Hickman tends to use the characters and then let them fail and fall, like he did with Tony and Steve on Avengers or Reed on FF4. I just thought it was a little forced and they were supposed to tell the others at some point. I also think they made a lot of mistakes they usually would not have done.Like promising Raven something they were not willing to give but I guess Hickman had to force the story to get to this point.

I think this is a middle point story, we will see what else happens on Inmortal X-men, right now all of them hate each other, the council is highly unstable and they may stab each other over and over again, figuratively or literally like on Inferno on Inmortal X-men.

I believe Magneto will leave after X lives of Wovlerine will reveal some secret that makes him think that staying on the QC and Krakoa is not good enough, being on Krakoa has made them take a defensive position when it comes to Nimrod/Orchis and Erik already had been talking about leaving in ToM and Inferno, so if I add whatīs going to be revealed on X lives of Wolverine, he may think itīs better to have more liberty to act outside of the council and Krakoa, I am just not sure what secrets he will reveal, he may think coming clean on all sides inside the council may be better than them just not knowing how the others are going to act. Thatīs my guess.
    I liked how those duo deceived Mystique considering Raven's past actions. In the end Moira doesn't deserve to get the blame at the very least. She seeded Krakoa after all. Nor she should have been paranoid against Destiny. It's just too much bitter to see Hickman concluding so fast without giving us the taste of more HoX/PoX which has some parallel issues with some issues of X-Men. There are too many unfinished plots...
    I don't recall FF having bad ending though. Especially with Frank Richards making Galactus his own herald. I think his Avengers run was rushed which was his intention similar to how he plotted his X-Men run
    Last edited by Vishop; 01-05-2022 at 11:25 PM.

BANNED

Agreed, I honestly hope he sends Sinister to exile before leaving like he doesnīt have anything else to lose so he may as well just do it.
    Don't think that's happening he was the de facto during Gillen's UXM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I liked how those duo deceived Mystique considering Raven's past actions. In the end Moira doesn't deserve to get the blame at the very least. She seeded Krakoa after all. Nor she should have been paranoid against Destiny. It's just too much bitter to see Hickman concluding so fast without giving us the taste of more HoX/PoX which has some parallel issues with some issues of X-Men. There are too many unfinished plots...
    Exactly I donīt know if those unfinished plots could have given this a better end but yes I completely agree Moira helped create Krakoa along with Charles and Erik and while I understand Raven and Irene anger at all three of them they still were given everything they ever wanted but still decided to stab and kill all three of them. In this case Moiraīs wanting to "cure" mutants comes out of nowhere and doesnīt make sense with her appareances on HoX/PoX, if she wanted to "cure" mutants all along she had plenty of oportunities to do so and she didnīt, she actually gave mutants the best opportunity they have to thrive than on any other timeline.

But well, I guess now that Destiny and Irene had their pound of flesh, Moira is kind of justified to be angry at them all and Krakoa so if Hickman was looking to create a new adversary she looks like a good option but this story doesnīt look finished, it looks more like the second act that leads to inmortal X-men, I guess we are going to see what Gillen does with this.

I don't recall FF having bad ending though. Especially with Frank Richards making Galactus his own herald. I think his Avengers run was rushed which was his intention similar to how he plotted his X-Men run
    Agreed I loved his FF4 and his version of adult Franklin and this is what dissapoints me more from his X-men run, FF4 characters had a lot of heart and his X-men feel more like pieces that he had to get to a certain point more than characters on their own right but without a heart and thatīs something they have never missed. I only liked his "New Avengers" of his Avengers run, they were doing some very questionable actions but you would not doubt they were themselves, in comparison his X-men run was rushed so I hope the next writers can give the story what is been missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Don't think that's happening he was the de facto during Gillen's UXM.
    I agree, I was just joking

I think Magneto will leave on the first issue of Inmortal X-men but we still donīt know his exact reasons for leaving Krakoa but I could see Gillen keeping him around in the title even if heīs no longer part of the QC but in case he definitely leaves, I would love if he goes to X-men Red by Ewing, he also has a good handle on Magnetoīs character.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-06-2022 at 08:45 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/14...W0MhxjyKQ&s=19

Magnet Daddy will be on X-Men Red y'all

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/14...W0MhxjyKQ&s=19

Magnet Daddy will be on X-Men Red y'all
    ĄThank you sensormellow!! This is great news for all Magneto fans

X-Men Red ropes in Storm, Magneto, Abigail Brand, and more for a Game of Thrones-esque political slugfest

Political intrigue grips the Red Planet of Arakko in X-Men Red this April and Storm gets a new costume

Following the reveal of X-Men Red in SWORD #11 (read Newsarama's recap), which also revealed SWORD leader Abigail Brand as an ally of Orchis and a traitor to mutantkind, Marvel Comics has now unveiled more information about the new X-Men Red title by writer Al Ewing and artist Stefano Caselli.

X-Men Red will focus on the mutants of Planet Arakko, formerly Mars, as they adjust to life on their new homeworld amidst threats both internal and existential. Under the guidance of Storm, regent of Planet Arakko, the mutants of Mars will build a new society - even as it comes under challenges from the likes of Abigail Brand's scheming, and potential conflicts with Sunfire, Vulcan, Cable, and more.

"Mutantkind terraformed Mars, bringing a dead world back to life and changing the Marvel Universe forever," Ewing states in Marvel's announcement.

"Mars is now Planet Arakko, home to an ancient mutant society that spent thousands of years facing war, imprisonment, and pain - and home to Storm, who won a place of power on their ruling council," he continues. "Now Arakko has a chance to find peace at last and forge their own path to the future... but there are those who'd rather see them fenced in and subjugated. Does Mars really need X-Men to save it - or can the mutants of Arakko fight for themselves? Storm's not the only one who's asking... and the answers are in X-Men Red."

X-Men Red is just the latest addition to the new 'Destiny of X' era beginning in March. Marvel Comics previously announced details for new titles Immortal X-Men, a new X-Force, a relaunched Marauders, Nightcrawler's Legion of X, a revamped Excalibur called Knights of X, and new Gambit series written by the X-Men legend Chris Claremont.

X-Men Red #1 is due out on April 6, with X-Men Red #2 scheduled to follow on April 27. Stay tuned to Newsarama for Marvel's full April 2022 solicitations, coming later this month.

https://www.gamesradar.com/x-med-red...medium=twitter

And here I thought magneto was going to be spending some time in the pit to keep his old pal toad company.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

ĄThank you sensormellow!! This is great news for all Magneto fans

I couldn't be more excited for this, Storm and Magneto are my favorites!

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    And here I thought magneto was going to be spending some time in the pit to keep his old pal toad company.
    He may do that as well, heīs supposed to leave the QC at the end of March but he also appears in one of Sabretoothīs covers so I could see him visit it before going to Mars

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Me too I have been waiting for more interaction between them since the end of Planet Size. They have such a good dynamic going on, mutual respect, sharing of povs, I canīt wait to see Ewing tackle them together, given how much he cares about continuity I hope he mentions their former alliance when they shared the post of White King at the HC now that Storm will be keeping her place on Arrako and on the QC but Magneto will be supporting her with Arrako mutants and Brand, I could see them developing plans and strategies like they used to do. Canīt wait to see what Al will do with them.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-07-2022 at 06:39 PM.

INFERNO #4

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-07-2022 at 08:21 PM.

Astonishing Member

INFERNO #4

I'm curious, after what happened in the TV orchis node, will OS and Nimrod just go it alone (or as a duo) or go back to Orchis like nothing happened pretending all agents were killed by Xavier and Magneto?.My hunch is they are now working alone.Although Nimrod going alone while OS goes back to work with Devo to bide their time is an option too.
    Last edited by Rev9; 01-08-2022 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I'm curious, after what happened in the TV orchis node, will OS and Nimrod just go it alone (or as a duo) or go back to Orchis like nothing happened pretending all agents were killed by Xavier and Magneto?.My hunch is they are now working alone.Although Nimrod going alone while OS goes back to work with Devo to bide their time is an option too.
    I think they are going to blame Charles and Magneto for those deaths given they still need to work with Orchis

Astonishing Member

I think they are going to blame Charles and Magneto for those deaths given they still need to work with Orchis
    Yeah they could both go back, or OS may go back and make up a story that Nimrod went AWOL for some reason.I guess Nimrod has shapeshifting capability to blend into humanity, sort of like Bastion.To stay as he/it is ,just draws too much attention to itself.