Page 170 of 256 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 3831

Okay, so:

- Dick Robin story with Mr. Freeze.

- Heartless gets his own origin annual (which I guess is needed, but I'm not sure if people feel invested enough in Heartless).

- Bitewing continuing the trend of dogs in the Batfamily fighting crime.

- Nightwing has has his own Bat-Mite equivalent? Did he start out as Robin-Mite?

- Gotham Knights tie-in looks like it's going to explore the rift between Bruce and Dick.

- That Jamal Campbell Nightwing story is going to look gorgeous.

- The end of Vampire Dick?

That's a lot of Dick! I'm looking forward to another Nightwing story by Jamal Campbell. It's so clear he loves Dick. I hope he gets to be on the main series again or gets a Black Label in the future.

I'm guessing the Robin in The Audio Adventures is Dick too. It seems Batman '66 inspired:

BATMAN: THE AUDIO ADVENTURES #3
    Written by DENNIS McNICHOLAS
    Art by ANTHONY MARQUES and J. BONE
    Cover by DAVE JOHNSON
    Variant cover by MICHAEL ALLRED
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 3 of 7 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 11/22/22
    Batman must venture into the sewers as he hunts for the fabled sword of King Scimitar. But he quickly finds a devolving Killer Croc who won't let the caped crusader steal his child! But all Batman sees is...a doll? Meanwhile, Robin gets kidnapped while trailing Scarecrow. Looks like both heroes need a good doctor, but the only one to be found is a little...strange. All this and more in the next installment of your favorite audio compendium!

Here is some of the best covers:

NIGHTWING 2022 ANNUAL

BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHTS – GILDED CITY #2
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

NIGHTWING #98

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

BATMAN: URBAN LEGENDS #22

TITANS UNITED: BLOODPACT #3

Spectacular Member

It would seem they've truly delivered on the "Dick Grayson is an A-Lister" promise.

Can't remember the last time we were this well-served with Dick content.

Amazing Member

Ain't it kinda like, very weird nite-mite will get a whole main issue meanwhile heartless identity will be revealed in an annual ? Like wouldn't that supposed to be one of the biggest reveals in this run ?
    Plus I feel like nite-mite will most likely help dick with his fears about getting married to babs

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeanandscott View Post
    Ain't it kinda like, very weird nite-mite will get a whole main issue meanwhile heartless identity will be revealed in an annual ? Like wouldn't that supposed to be one of the biggest reveals in this run ?
    I did think that was interesting inversion. The annual does have a higher page-count, so maybe Taylor is making use of that.

Plus I feel like nite-mite will most likely help dick with his fears about getting married to babs
    Would love if this were the case, but if we are to have a wedding on #100, we are running out of time for set up. Unless it were to be an spontaneous event, which come to think of it, does fit Dick's character.

That is kind of weird, now that you mention it.

Yes, it's very strange, but it doesn't surprise me.

Revealing the origin of the villain who promised to be something in the Annual and focusing on bringing up an internet joke (Nite-Wing comes from twitter) kind of shows how Taylor doesn't take this run seriously.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Yes, it's very strange, but it doesn't surprise me.

Revealing the origin of the villain who promised to be something in the Annual and focusing on bringing up an internet joke (Nite-Wing comes from twitter) kind of shows how Taylor doesn't take this run seriously.
    We get it your not a fan of the run. No need to be such a hater. It is very obvious Taylor takes this run seriously.

On a different note, i was thinking because of the annuals page count and the fact it will not actually feature Dick very much (if its the POV of Heartless) is why it is the annual. Glad he is getting around to this, while I have really been enjoying the run, Heartless has needed page space for awhile.

98 seems kind of like a filler but it will probably still be fun. Love 4th dimension characters.

Astonishing Member

I suppose it depends - if the Annual is mostly flashback, or with Heartless as the "lead", then that kind of 'supplementary' material feels like the kind of thing Annuals are used for these days.

Nite-Mite... The jury is out on. On the hand, at a very base level? He's a "take" on a Batman villain, which isn't the kind of thing Dick needs more of. On the other hand, that kind of utterly non street-level Old School comic bookery that you'd expect these days to see Superman take on rather than a Bat Character? That's exactly the kind of thing Dick does need more of - I'd love this to be a threshold in Taylor's run, and for things like that to appear more regularly once we're past #100. I have no issue, especially, with frequent guest stars - and I've criticised other runs for not going to that well as often as they could - but "Dick goes into space with Starfire" feels more interesting to me than "Starfire comes to Bludhaven to see Dick".

On the other hand, post Dark Crisis that's an itch that might end up scratched by a decent Titans book.

If anything, the annual reveal is to draw people to it. Would anyone care to buy Nite-Mite if it wasn't in the main book?

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I have no issue, especially, with frequent guest stars - and I've criticised other runs for not going to that well as often as they could - but "Dick goes into space with Starfire" feels more interesting to me than "Starfire comes to Bludhaven to see Dick".
    Now that's an issue we need to see. Not opposed to getting out of Bludhaven hijinks every so often and showcasing Dick with the greater DCU and his vast, often forgotten relationships with other characters. Hopefully, the end of this arc allows for some creativity. Because truly, I'm getting bored of Heartless and Blockbuster at this point. I think it's just been a few issues long with no real traction. Even tho I don't mind Taylor's writing as much as everyone else.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

It doesn't surprise me that people on this thread are spinning everything in a negative way too.

Astonishing Member

Bring on Nite Mite, I was bored of Blockbuster years ago and Heartless has a cool design but not much else going for him. I'm ready for something actually weird and strange.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory