Page 18 of 102 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 1530
  1. #256
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I just checked, both movies have the same screenwriter, Christina Hodson. She was also the co-producer of Birds of Prey. I personally liked the movie but the girl had nothing in common with Cass so I wonder why they deicded to give her that name.
    It's because of Robbie. She wanted to give these characters a chance to shine. The BoP were suppose to actually be GCS but Robbie had it change to be BoP.

    Okay we have another detail about Dick. He mentioned on one of the magazine covers. Court of Owls tried to recruit him. What if the Nightwing movie is about them?

    FJAeoxZWQAEW8_8.jpg

    I wonder what easter eggs would you want to see?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-15-2022 at 08:45 PM.

  2. #257
    Mighty Member WonderNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,552

    Default

    It could be about Dick! Or about building up to a bat family avengers style team up movie. But it might be WB give the court to batgirl with her brother being a talon now. So we'll have to wait and see.

    But if it is the court moving on over to batgirl then that's why i dont like everything about about Nightwing being so tied to batman. But thats for another time.

  3. #258

    Default

    I wouldn't take a prop you're not even going to notice, let alone be able to read, in the movie seriously. All it means is the prop master knows about Dick and his history with the Owls, but all that takes is reading a wiki article on the Owls anyways.

  4. #259
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    It's because of Robbie. She wanted to give these characters a chance to shine. The BoP were suppose to actually be GCS but Robbie had it change to be BoP.
    Not exactly. The GCS movie was another project.

    Robbie has the possibility of a Harley Quinn solo movie, but she choose BoP movie to give other characters a chance to shine.

  5. #260
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    It could be about Dick! Or about building up to a bat family avengers style team up movie. But it might be WB give the court to batgirl with her brother being a talon now. So we'll have to wait and see.

    But if it is the court moving on over to batgirl then that's why i dont like everything about about Nightwing being so tied to batman. But thats for another time.
    I mean it's just a easter egg. Also the hard part is what is Dick role in Batgirl movie? Many think he will still be Robin but if that's the case it wouldn't make sense if Bruce hasn't be Batman.Dick would have moved on no?

    I'm curious how do you guys feel about the Nightwing suit in Titans? Would it work if they fit it more in the movies or something else?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-16-2022 at 11:23 AM.

  6. #261
    Mighty Member ayanestar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious how do you guys feel about the Nightwing suit in Titans? Would it work if they fit it more in the movies or something else?
    Nightwing has a variety of amazing looking costumes in comics but his suit might be one of the worst to adapt to live action without looking ridiculous. The Titans suit looks perfectly fine for a TV adaption however it doesn't really reflect his fighting style, it's too much armour. Dick is all about movement so for a movie they could go for the Spiderman approach, which would make it easier to adapt a comic accurate suit for him but I would add some armour at certain places because Dick has no superpowers like Spiderman.
    Last edited by ayanestar; 01-16-2022 at 04:44 PM.

  7. #262
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    17,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious how do you guys feel about the Nightwing suit in Titans? Would it work if they fit it more in the movies or something else?
    Never watched Titans but the photos and clips I've seen of the suit seem...fine? The lines, planes, and textures all seem to reinforce the streamlined, sleek sensibility of the source material. It's a bit too heavily armored for Dick I think; dude is supposed to be based around agility and dexterity and the show's suit seems too stiff and heavy, more like something Bruce would wear. But I'd rather have this than simple cloth or spandex; I really dislike my powerless heroes not wearing some kind of protection in live action.

    I'd have preferred something like the Young Justice suit, which is armored but seems more "reinforced" than a true armored suit, but the Titans suit doesn't seem bad, in my limited experience. I've seen far worse.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

    ~ Black Panther.

  8. #263
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,709

    Default

    I'm curious if they do have the Titans mentioned in his movie how would you want them to do it? I mean sadly we don't have speedy or Donna. But if we can have some type of mention how would you guys wanted to be?

  9. #264
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    84,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Nightwing has a variety of amazing looking costumes in comics but his suit might be one of the worst to adapt to live action without looking ridiculous. The Titans suit looks perfectly fine for a TV adaption however it doesn't really reflect his fighting style, it's too much armour. Dick is all about movement so for a movie they could go for the Spiderman approach, which would make it easier to adapt a comic accurate suit for him but I would add some armour at certain places because Dick has no superpowers like Spiderman.
    At the very least I don't see the suit as impossible to adapt.

  10. #265
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At the very least I don't see the suit as impossible to adapt.
    It's such a simple design, you probably have quite a lot of leeway too - so long as the actor can convincingly move around in it, anything that's "mostly black with a splash of blue" will probably see you right. Anything from motorcycle leathers up to a combat suit.

    I think as long as you resist over armouring it for "realism" you'll be fine - but based off the Batgirl suit that doesn't look like a trap being fallen into.

  11. #266
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,709

    Default

    Overall it appears Dick Grayson might or might not appear. So Grace might have got us hyper. However, he might not even appear as robin. I'm curious what robin outfit if he is robin would you want him to be in ?

    AEC081CD-5517-4391-A4F9-768B68B729B4.jpg

  12. #267
    Astonishing Member Drako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    BR
    Posts
    3,141

    Default

    I think his costume in Titans is fine, but they went the wrong way, with all the armor plates and stuff. I also don't think is impossible to translate to live action.
    Batman costumes from the last 20 years were basicacly all black and looked all right. Black panther suit is all black and looks awesome in live action.

    Chris o'donnell suit in Batman and Robin is not that bad. I think is the best thing of the movie, if you take the nipples off.

    This edit is quite nice. Something like this in the current era of comic book suits i think it would be great.



    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Overall it appears Dick Grayson might or might not appear. So Grace might have got us hyper. However, he might not even appear as robin. I'm curious what robin outfit if he is robin would you want him to be in ?

    AEC081CD-5517-4391-A4F9-768B68B729B4.jpg
    This is just some random twitter account complaining that people are hyping up Robin more than Batgirl.
    Last edited by Drako; 01-17-2022 at 08:54 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

    My favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, 20th Century Boys, Monster, Attack on Titan.
    Current reading: Vagabond, Berserk, Dead Dead Dededede Destruction, Jujutsu Kaisen, Real, Chainsaw Man.

  13. #268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I think his costume in Titans is fine, but they went the wrong way, with all the armor plates and stuff. I also don't think is impossible to translate to live action.
    Batman costumes from the last 20 years were basicacly all black and looked all right. Black panther suit is all black and looks awesome in live action.

    Chris o'donnell suit in Batman and Robin is not that bad. I think is the best thing of the movie, if you take the nipples off.

    This edit is quite nice. Something like this in the current era of comic book suits i think it would be great.

    Fix the gloves up and this could work tbh. Like if you're going for the long stripes just make it the finger stripes. I'd prefer some gold/yellow accents on there to at least make the suit stand out in the dark, but if DC is allergic to Perez's design, I don't see why WB would be better in any way on that front lol. Since the buckle is there already, I'd rather get a super sleek silver belt (again assuming gold is not allowed) than just a random buckle. It'd give the suit the same vibes as Dick's Batman suit during the Batman Reborn era. Versus a random belt buckle, which gives me N52 Robin vibes which I've like to avoid lol.

  14. #269
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,709

    Default

    Update on the mural. The update mural is to match up with Keaton's likeness

    EC6C447E-9B07-456A-BAF1-F6E9484F1886.jpg

    Once again this leds questions into how old will Dick Grayson be and how old will Keaton be.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-17-2022 at 09:54 AM.

  15. #270
    Mighty Member ayanestar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At the very least I don't see the suit as impossible to adapt.
    I don't think it's impossible to adapt, I just think it's very easy to get wrong but looking at how good the Spiderman suit looked in his recent movie, it might be quite easy to archive the same for Nightwing and again, I think they should add some armor - around his arms and legs should be enough, but I guess that's debatable and probably an unpopular opinion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •