Page 197 of 256 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3831

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's there. "Detective"
    No the Detective is in reference to Dick Grayson the Hero not the cop. It's going way back to when he was still Robin. His Hudson days and today.

Dick was officially named the world's 2nd greatest detective.

He has always been a detective regardless of the costume.

Astonishing Member

I've always thought "doesn't listen to criticism" is an unfair charge to throw at a writer - we have no idea how they respond to notes from editorial or from fellow writers, or the artist on the book. In online discourse, it normally means "I think they're bad, and they refused to agree with me".

It's not just a Taylor thing, or even a comics thing. But it's normally thrown out by someone who wants a pat on the head for taking a writer or director down a peg, and is furious not to have been able to.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    No the Detective is in reference to Dick Grayson the Hero not the cop. It's going way back to when he was still Robin. His Hudson days and today.

Dick was officially named the world's 2nd greatest detective.

He has always been a detective regardless of the costume.
    Didn't Taylor have Dick say how great a detective Tim is?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In Brazil we have the expression "Jogar pra galera" which means "playing to please people"

He also had him say that some think Tim is probably the best Robin. Dick Grayson is a great detective but like all humans he gets things wrong at times.

And like Felipe said, Taylor does like to serve up that fanservice.

Extraordinary Member

It’s nice to see people rally for him though
    I think they are seeing through the fake outrage on Taylor all the time

I don't think anyone in the Batfamily is a bad detective. I think they all have their own skills and instincts that help them even if some might fit the more traditional detective and intellectual model than others.

Like even Cass was able to use her body reading to figure stuff out in her solo run, and she's far from someone people would think of as a detective.

I don't think anyone in the Batfamily is a bad detective. I think they all have their own skills and instincts that help them even if some might fit the more traditional detective and intellectual model than others.

Like even Cass was able to use her body reading to figure stuff out in her solo run, and she's far from someone people would think of as a detective.
    Agreed. They are all good detectives. Even those like Jason who get the short end of the detective and intellectual stick we know is a good detective and is smart.

Lets face it, the Batfamily is made of exceptional human beings. Every single one of them.

It sucks when writers lazily try to single one of them out as the smart one or the detective. They all are smart and they are all detectives those are the two things every single member has in common.

That and the fact they all use gadgets.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Agreed. They are all good detectives. Even those like Jason who get the short end of the detective and intellectual stick we know is a good detective and is smart.

Lets face it, the Batfamily is made of exceptional human beings. Every single one of them.

It sucks when writers lazily try to single one of them out as the smart one or the detective. They all are smart and they are all detectives those are the two things every single member has in common.

That and the fact they all use gadgets.
    I think it's fine that they have specialties. I don't think anyone can beat Babs at computing/hacking even if others are proficient enough in it, but it shouldn't be seen as a slight to other characters.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    I've been complaining about a few things in this run, the way Taylor uses Barbara isn't one of them. All this complaining about her not being in a wheelchair is meaningless, this was all worked out 10 years ago,it's not the job of the Nightwing comic to work this out right now.
    WFA pays attention to those details because that's what they can do, yet they manage to pull off a stupid scene like the one where Dick hangs from a chandelier. WFA is not an example of good writing, just pleasing a portion of the fandom that is mostly on twitter and tumb.
    You're not reading what I wrote. It's not about her being on a wheelchair, it's about how those writers handle a person with at risk of paralysis and other disabilities. How they portray shows how much they research, and how much they research shows if they care enough or if it's performative. It's one thing if the character is just one off, but Babs is a main character and co lead in two books. She'll be in there for a long time. So if they want to bring up the topic about how her body (and to an extent, Dick's head) is constantly at risk, then it should be portrayed as such, not turned on and off based on convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It's pretty insightful when you put in a well mannered way and writes everything like a normal human being. But it doesn't take much see why he doesn't listen to a majority of the twitter people complaining about him. Just look at his mentions. It ranges from personal attacks to death wishes\threats.
    I agree. I don't have a problem with him blocking those. I block them myself. Legit criticism is often buried between tsunami of hatred from reactionary people, but this run has ran for two years, and people love them at first. The actual hate didn't get rampant until halfway through. There was plenty of time to shift through the hate from criticism and have a discussion, and I know he did listen because someone posted their interaction (that one is about Damian)

Are we now pretending Ric was a realistic disability?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I think it's fine that they have specialties. I don't think anyone can beat Babs at computing/hacking even if others are proficient enough in it, but it shouldn't be seen as a slight to other characters.
    Now that I recall, isn't Tim the only one alongside Bruce with the honor of being called "Detective" by Ra's?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Now that I recall, isn't Tim the only one alongside Bruce with the honor of being called "Detective" by Ra's?
    Nope.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Nope, I think Ra has called every Robin "Detective", by now to the point there is a joke that he simply doesn't remember their names

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

IF the point is that Dick called Tim the "best Robin" that's pretty much Dick's nature. He is always going to point out that someone else is the best. He is not going to say "well, he's good, but I was better." That's Damien.