Page 105 of 256 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 3831

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Is he though?

How often does he appear in comics with Diana???
    Not as often as as Selina and Lois with their partners which has made them cemented love intrest. If anything he’s become the tragic lover since they can never be together in animation or live action. Which is problem in itself, why can’t she have a love. Then we have the whole DC ignoring Diana’s bisexuality and rather pairing her with Supes and Bats in most ainmation.

Give the general public a poll with Steve Batman and Superman Bruce will win unfortunately

Not similar situations at all here. Stay hopeful though.
    I mean I'd say so. Most people I see talkinga bout Wonder Woman look at Steve as her one and only thanks to the movies (and Chris Pine helps with that). They dont even know she is bisexual. I mean isn't that the same reason why Catwoman as largely become more popular with Talia? Because the adaptations speak louder than the comics. He is a tragic lover though. I think Wonder Woman needs to be paired with a super though because of the whole aging thing. She doesnt work with Batman (even if I ship them lmao). Batman will win any poll you put him in except maybe when its up against other super profitable/well-known heros like Spiderman or Iron Man.

Comics are unfortunately very low on the totem poll for what is actually important to a character. Majority of the people who consume adapted content dont read comics. Most people know Pepper Potts as Iron Man's one and only despite the fact he is getting married to Hellcat lmao if that is still a thing. Adaptations > comics always. Unless its an iconic story like Watchmen or Killing Joke where the original material matters more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I don't disagree with the idea of putting Dick with someone who adds more than a love interest to his mythos.

I'm just saying that person can't be a solo star. They have to be under direct control of the Nightwing writer.

Someone like Power Girl, or Jade, or even Fire....nobody is gonna care if those characters are put under Nightwing's creative/editorial control and you won't have different writers trying to pull things in different directions, but they bring stuff with them you can add into Dick's mythos.
    Well if you add in the editorial problem; Powergirl, Jade and Starfire are under other editorials where they are needed. Dick isnt unnecessarily needed in Batman editorial since we have other characters who can do what he can. Taking Dick out of Bat editorial and into another one is the best thing to do for him because you dont have to worry about Batman and Batman adjacent. You put a character like Powergirl under Batediotiral where Nightwing currently is, she will get shafted with the quickness just like Starfire did. Dick's mythos can continue in another editorial where he isnt beholden to whatever the hell Batman is doing. I personally would rather Dick be an important and irreplacable part of someone else's mythos than treated as sidekick or minor part of Batman's mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just wonder if there would be any point in other franchises getting Future State books. Not that DC needs an excuse for more Bat-Books.
    I want a House of El book and maybe a JL book but otherwise nah.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    Well if you add in the editorial problem; Powergirl, Jade and Starfire are under other editorials where they are needed. Dick isnt unnecessarily needed in Batman editorial since we have other characters who can do what he can. Taking Dick out of Bat editorial and into another one is the best thing to do for him because you dont have to worry about Batman and Batman adjacent. You put a character like Powergirl under Batediotiral where Nightwing currently is, she will get shafted with the quickness just like Starfire did. Dick's mythos can continue in another editorial where he isnt beholden to whatever the hell Batman is doing. I personally would rather Dick be an important and irreplacable part of someone else's mythos than treated as sidekick or minor part of Batman's mythos.
    Dick Grayson will always be a bat character

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    Yeah, a love interest from outside the Bat office would have to be moved. Given the D-listers being tossed about here, like Jade and Fire and PG, it likely wouldn't be a difficult thing to arrange. Or sure, you could move Dick to another office. I've said for a long time I'd approve of that, though any chance of it happening has disappeared with the character's current success.

When was Starfire under the Bat office? I've never heard of that. I thought she was always attached to Titans editorial, which itself has, far as I know, been rolled into other editorial groups for years.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I want a House of El book and maybe a JL book but otherwise nah.
    Those were probably one of the better received FS stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Attachment 121247

That costume looks way better in this variant, like it's designed to be anime and you need to draw him slender
    This looks like an actual costume. Why can't Simone Di Meo draw the interiors?
    The story of FS:G sounds really wack at this point.

As for the other stuff in August:
    - World's Finest is the gift that keeps on giving.
    - I hope Midnighter'll have some type of reaction to Dick being the Vampire King.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    This looks like an actual costume. Why can't Simone Di Meo draw the interiors?
    The story of FS:G sounds really wack at this point.

As for the other stuff in August:
    - World's Finest is the gift that keeps on giving.
    - I hope Midnighter'll have some type of reaction to Dick being the Vampire King.
    If anyone would ...

Just read #92. Loved every page. Great stuff.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

I don't really understand this discussion about FS: Gotham. Sure, it isn't a great seller, but from Comichron data it is outselling titles like Titans, Suicide Squad and selling around same level as Green Lantern or Wonder Woman. Might as well ask why DC keeps publishing half of its line.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't really understand this discussion about FS: Gotham. Sure, it isn't a great seller, but from Comichron data it is outselling titles like Titans, Suicide Squad and selling around same level as Green Lantern or Wonder Woman. Might as well ask why DC keeps publishing half of its line.
    Probably brings in more of a profit too on account of being only in black and white.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Probably brings in more of a profit too on account of being only in black and white.
    That's what I thought, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    What month are you look at?

Btw to be clear, I could care less if it’s around. Just saying I doubt money is the motivation behind keeping it at this point.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-22-2022 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    BATMAN/SUPERMAN: WORLD'S FINEST #6 Cover

Oh wow, this might be one of the best covers I have seen lately. This redesign of his costume is definitely the best so far. I hope they stick with it from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Because enough of us enjoy it plenty and it sells enough for how much it costs to produce.
    Same as every other book, both that you like and don't like.
    Sorry, but it's feelings.
    I've seen a lot of better titles, with more potential and selling more being canceled, by coincidence, are titles of female characters.