Page 20 of 256 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    I don't know. I don't dislike the dog but I don't know it just seems a little too "happy". Like it just exist for cheap "cuteness" moments and no character outside of that.
    But thats exactly why Taylor included the dog in the first place lol I think someone said it better than me that Taylor writers for re-posts! I honestly think it would have been a great idea to give Dick a therapy dog.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I lean more towards Dick Kory these days. I used to like Dick/Babs but it's starting to feel like they're thrown together for the sake of it rather than naturally building it up. Kory helped Dick realize that he doesn't have to be exactly like Batman to be effective and helped him express himself more. He even cites her as an influence when he came up with the Nightwing persona (his parents, Kory, Batman and Superman all played a part in it). Dick/Babs doesn't have anything close to that kind of depth, at least in the stuff I read. Their interactions in Batman Family where Dick developed a crush on her were fun and they had great moments when Dixon wrote them. However, at this point not only is continuity muddled and messy, both pairings are years past their glory days and DC putting Babs in Nightwing's book feels like an appeal to nostalgia so they can gain back the audience they've been alieanating for a decade and a half now.

As far as current canon is concerned, I think we're better off if Dick, Babs and Kory all go their separate ways and date other people. Either way, I'm not interested in any will they/won't they crap, I would rather DC just picked a path and committed to it.

In an idealized canon (in my head, one where DC never rebooted with the Nu52 but successfully consolidated the Pre-Crisis and Post Crisis history into one), Kory would be my preferred endgame pairing for Dick.
    I agree. Out of both ships. Dick Kory bothers me the least because Kory had a significant impact on Dick's growth as a person, and that was washed away by the time Dixon came around with Nightwing Solo! I sorta blame Beatty a lot more in this scenario since he has a weird obsession with Babs and used Dick as a way to date her. Dick Kory can't even be happy in Titans content outside comics anymore. And Dick Babs have only really been a thing in Young Justice (very forcibly) and BTAS (ended very badly). Clearly DC/WB also does not care for these relationships, so why do they keep pushing it, especially when it's not helping Dick in the numbers department in any way? The way Devin Grayson wrote Dick really tainted him as a character.

I appreciate Taylor for giving us this light-hearted stuff, but its also stuff we already saw in not only rebirth, but in almost every single Nightwing run. IDK what issue 100 is, but I expect it to be the biggest pandering he has ever done for Nightwing so far.

For me I just prefer if Dick's love interest wasn't form the bat books. I like a balance of bat and non bats being a core part of Dick's life.

I like Babs, but I wish they'd throw Kory a bone more outside certain adaptions.

I feel like everyone forgets how toxic his romance with Starfire was in parts. I get it was over 25 years ago now, so a lot of the bad parts kind of washed away for a lot of people and the writing style back then was to be hyper dramatic, but I have no interest in revisiting it. Plus like I've said before I don't think Starfire is a very good character. Maybe not bad but she lacks utility. You are incredibly limited with what you can do with her because she is a super powered orange alien. She can never fit into Gotham and street level stories, so you cut Dick's potential stories in half with her. I'm very indifferent to Babs these days, but at least she can fit into basically every corner of the DCU. So you aren't limiting yourself for stories.

Plus the Titans are awful in the comics. The less Dick is tied to them the better I think given the state of the franchise and how they treat him. Starfire pulls him further back into that mess than he already is, so that is a big reason I don't want to revisit it too. Also you don't tend to stay with the person you dated as a teenager. So it is natural for Dick to move on. I think she was fine for a teenage or college age romance but I feel like they kind of did all the could with the two of them. The initial story of her coming to Earth and the two getting close is a good story, but once that runs its course you aren't left with a lot. The only option I want less than to revisit Starfire is the useless romances like Bea. Characters like that I have zero tolerance for anymore. These useless original characters that add nothing to the story I think are a complete waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I feel like everyone forgets how toxic his romance with Starfire was in parts. I get it was over 25 years ago now, so a lot of the bad parts kind of washed away for a lot of people and the writing style back then was to be hyper dramatic, but I have no interest in revisiting it. Plus like I've said before I don't think Starfire is a very good character. Maybe not bad but she lacks utility. You are incredibly limited with what you can do with her because she is a super powered orange alien. She can never fit into Gotham and street level stories, so you cut Dick's potential stories in half with her. I'm very indifferent to Babs these days, but at least she can fit into basically every corner of the DCU. So you aren't limiting yourself for stories.

Plus the Titans are awful in the comics. The less Dick is tied to them the better I think given the state of the franchise and how they treat him. Starfire pulls him further back into that mess than he already is, so that is a big reason I don't want to revisit it too. Also you don't tend to stay with the person you dated as a teenager. So it is natural for Dick to move on. I think she was fine for a teenage or college age romance but I feel like they kind of did all the could with the two of them. The initial story of her coming to Earth and the two getting close is a good story, but once that runs its course you aren't left with a lot. The only option I want less than to revisit Starfire is the useless romances like Bea. Characters like that I have zero tolerance for anymore. These useless original characters that add nothing to the story I think are a complete waste of time.
    I think people expect the relationship in the modern era to be written a lot differently than it was back during the NTT days.

(I mean, going by current canon, he and Babs have been pining for each other since they were teenagers).

So far DickKori seems to mostly be for elsewheres and more other media stuff. I don't every think they will have her be a big thing as a love interest in the comics. Especially since Dick is in bateditors. Overall my main issue is often time they have downplayed Kori to uplift Babs. Thankfully it's not common right now but that was the main issue. If Dc does want the DickKori to not be a couple they really should have created a love interest for Kori and not have the two be a back and forth after DickBabs break up. I rather see the two be in elsewhere because we don't have to worry about this whole come and forth thing.

There is one interesting factor. Mari has got to be one of the more popular kids Dick Grayson has next to his daughter in Batman Beyond. So I wonder if they would ever think about doing Mari Grayson elsewhere story. I mean many times DickBabs kids just get retcon and than there are new kids. With DickKori it's been Mari. Always Mari. I kind of wish they gave her a comic seires. She has a lot of thing we don't know and she can easily be elsewhere. Overall I feel Dc generally has made up their mind but doesn't want to stop it fully by having from Time to Time Dick and Kori being flirty.

The one thing I wonder if Taylor is really serious about his relationship with DickBabs or is he just pandering. I mean let's think about this. The whole Nightwing comic it's about his fighting heartless but DickBabs. While that's not bad. The main story actually feels more like DickBabs.We also have the fact Dick is kind of useless with out her. So it's a it's cute but also why does he have to dumb to have Babs be helpful at times. I mean often times it doesn't feel like Heartless is a character but it's Dick and Babs. I don't feel the threat. Especially after the fact we are getting more and more crossovers. So it feels like heartless was just a last second creation. We don't really even see his sister. So she was a not needed character even. I rather would have it just be a DickBabs story if that's what Taylor had wanted and not this heartless is after Dick's heart when that's not even the main storyline. I feel like I like how she is written but also I worry that maybe he is just not serious about it. How many times has Dc done this only for it to go nowhere? Too many times. So what if Taylor does the same? I mean he derailed his own story for all these crossovers. First with Jon then Wally. I'm happy but I feel these should have been more around getting closer to 100. I don't know something just feels off.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-17-2022 at 10:28 PM.

Overall the due the same with Babs and at times that does set her and Dick back. They have for some reason make Babs somewhat abusive to Dick out of nowhere many times. They often date but things go bad quickly. So it's not like having him also with Babs will change things. So overall it's just both writers and the editors fault. Overall Dick's relationships often work better in elsewhere. Where you don't have to worry about editors. I mean either relationship is good or bad in theory it's just Dc now likes to use patterns. Generally DickKori's breakups not messy. However, DickBabs are and it gets dumb for no reason. Overall Dc clearly wants Dick's love life to be a mess like Bruce. It doesn't have to be this way, Dc. I hope if Dick were to get his own editor we can finally get a love interest for him that's stable and has him be happy. Taylor might be doing fine with DickBabs but with Dc things can change. I'm often thinking about why not have Dick be single for while. It's more for if they do have DickBabs break up. I rather him be single than every writer having a new romantic interested

In terms of the Titans well it's what happens when Dc stops caring. They only now doing a big event for Wonder Woman. They don't know what to do with Superman. It's one of the one reasons they have more Batman comic than anything else. We will be lucky if we can get a titans black label. So far many people are loving those

It appears the Titans often times seem to do better out of main cannon. So maybe Dc should do more books. I mean more people like Titans United and the whole Kami Gracia comics.

Dc needs to do more outside cannon things with Dick Grayson. So far we know of Sean and Kami doing books
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-17-2022 at 11:02 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Overall the due the same with Babs and at times that does set her and Dick back. They have for some reason make Babs somewhat abusive to Dick out of nowhere many times. They often date but things go bad quickly. So it's not like having him also with Babs will change things. So overall it's just both writers and the editors fault. Overall Dick's relationships often work better in elsewhere. Where you don't have to worry about editors. I mean either relationship is good or bad in theory it's just Dc now likes to use patterns. Generally DickKori's breakups not messy. However, DickBabs are and it gets dumb for no reason. Overall Dc clearly wants Dick's love life to be a mess like Bruce. It doesn't have to be this way, Dc. I hope if Dick were to get his own editor we can finally get a love interest for him that's stable and has him be happy. Taylor might be doing fine with DickBabs but with Dc things can change. I'm often thinking about why not have Dick be single for while. It's more for if they do have DickBabs break up. I rather him be single than every writer having a new romantic interested

In terms of the Titans well it's what happens when Dc stops caring. They only now doing a big event for Wonder Woman. They don't know what to do with Superman. It's one of the one reasons they have more Batman comic than anything else. We will be lucky if we can get a titans black label. So far many people are loving those

It appears the Titans often times seem to do better out of main cannon. So maybe Dc should do more books. I mean more people like Titans United and the whole Kami Gracia comics.

Dc needs to do more outside cannon things with Dick Grayson. So far we know of Sean and Kami doing books
    There is nothing happening with dick and Kori in titans United, although it’s doing more for Kory as a superhero in general then anything we have seen in a few years.

What elsewhere tales have had dick and Kory since flashpoint ?

Extraordinary Member

When was she abusive to him? Disagreement are not abuse, couples fight, and everything isn’t always perfect they are human

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    When was she abusive to him? Disagreement are not abuse, couples fight, and everything isn’t always perfect they are human
    Babs has hit him and keeps blaming things on him when it's not his fault. She does this too before they were together. Like saying he broke her heart and a few other things. While she doesn't do it anymore she has slut shamed him and multiple times said he would cheating when she had no proof. So she broke up with him.Overall I just felt the way Dc had did somethings were too far. They are in a better position with how they write the two. So I shouldn't be bothered. Their relationship is not has messy. So they got that going for them. However, with Dc even when something is good they find a way to mess it up. I hope they don't. I wonder if the 100 issue is actually going to be a big crossover issues. Since Taylor doesn't seem interested in Heartless that much

So if they want DickBabs they can do it smoothly now.

Okay if Nightwing movie does happen. Who are your headcannons?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-18-2022 at 12:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Babs has hit him and keeps blaming things on him when it's not his fault. She does this too before they were together. Like saying he broke her heart and a few other things. While she doesn't do it anymore she has slut shamed him and multiple times said he would cheating when she had no proof. So she broke up with him.Overall I just felt the way Dc had did somethings were too far. They are in a better position with how they write the two. So I shouldn't be bothered. Their relationship is not has messy. So they got that going for them. However, with Dc even when something is good they find a way to mess it up. I hope they don't. I wonder if the 100 issue is actually going to be a big crossover issues. Since Taylor doesn't seem interested in Heartless that much

So if they want DickBabs they can do it smoothly now.

Okay if Nightwing movie does happen. Who are your headcannons?
    Was this part of the Devin Grayson period?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Was this part of the Devin Grayson period?
    parts it since sadly it has followed her. Like her slut shaming coming from time to time. The only modern time would be her slut shaming Bruce and I think one other person. The main one Dc keeps is her always saying he broke her heart but she generally the one who did something. So I don't get that.

Can you guys imagine if Dick still in his originally Design for the movie and not his certain Robin design?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-18-2022 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like Babs, but I wish they'd throw Kory a bone more outside certain adaptions.
    I think what gets me the most is that we can't even get Dick with Kory is a show about the Titans. I can count Bab's appearance in Titans-related comics on one hand but she has nearly as much as screentime as Kory did last season (exaggerating but she was around a lot for the half-of-a-season I watched).

Finally caught up on Taylor's run and I enjoyed the Titans actually making appearances even if they were small. Then I turn around to Titans Academy and DickKory are sleeping together and he wakes up to speak to Barbara? It actually makes Dick look like ... a dick.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I think what gets me the most is that we can't even get Dick with Kory is a show about the Titans. I can count Bab's appearance in Titans-related comics on one hand but she has nearly as much as screentime as Kory did last season (exaggerating but she was around a lot for the half-of-a-season I watched).

Finally caught up on Taylor's run and I enjoyed the Titans actually making appearances even if they were small. Then I turn around to Titans Academy and DickKory are sleeping together and he wakes up to speak to Barbara? It actually makes Dick look like ... a dick.
    It's because the writer didn't know Tom was going to do DickBabs.

When it comes to the Titan show the closest thing would be the hint of Mari in the show. The writers keep saying they want more and more DickKori. And the finale was suppose to hint at that according to them. Which is when the little girl we see appeared. So I wonder if they are actually serious
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-18-2022 at 01:17 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post

It seems like in the upcoming arc the Titans are going to be much more prominent in Nightwing's book.