Page 163 of 256 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3831

Taylor says he's a fan of the character, making a lot of references to the people who worked with the character and not taking advantage of what those people did. Nightwing has a lot of enemies with personal conflicts with him, but it's easier for them to appear in Deathstroke and SS than in Nightwing.
    I like the first arc, I like the crossover with Wally, but currently the run isn't too far from WFA, which is the last thing I want for a Nightwing comic.
    Every time I order the next issues I keep thinking about dropping it and getting something else from Marvel instead.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    To each their own! I think Nightwing struggles yeah but like Nightwing rebirth was doing pretty good aside from the Percy and Ric stuff (whcih I still think Ric era is unfairly critiqued). N52 Nightwing and Grayson also did pretty good.
    Oh, I loved Grayson and if Higgins had been able to do his "Chicago, but with Zucco and the Owls and against the backdrop of a city that had it's own glorious history of superheroics but it all went wrong" thing then it could have been great. When I talk about DC struggling, I mean more than it didn't know what it wanted from the property. So you have poor old Kyle Higgins on a blockbuster-selling title that gets retooled twice and then cancelled - a big new Tynion pitch post Forever Evil gets ditched, and Grayson is a roll of the dice that pays off.... And then gets curtailed early to the unhappiness of the writers in order to get a disinterested Tim Seeley to alternate the stories he's really interested in telling with Bludhaven arcs, and this his plans get curtailed.... The book then goes through a few (pretty solid, IIRC) temporary creative teams until Ben Percy comes in with his Big Pitch that has the weight of editorial behind him, plans for the wider DCU and a big shake-up agreed.... And then we all know what happened there!

Idk I just still don’t think Nightwing is doing anything now that he hasn’t already done before. His sales have always been like this. I agree that nuking bludhaven or murdering his girlfriend is necessary. But you can have a fun and exciting gripping story that also isn’t about nuking a city. I just think that the way Nightwing is currently written under Taylor isn’t doing anything for him other than just vibes. Which like I said is fine if you enjoy that, but then other people who don’t, I mean now they can confirm their feelings since we know exactly what Taylor wants to do with his run.
    I think that's fair. I just get a little frustrated with the "this character can never lose, there's no stakes" thing - that I think has held back Superman a lot in recent years. And it's been a big problem with Nightwing ever since we had "Dick runs Haly's circus!" for a handful of issues until Joker turns up to burn it all down, or - the idea that anything Dick does is one "event" away from being wiped away.

I think Nightwing‘s problem is that he doesn’t really have anything iconic or legendary to his mythos. A lot of the times his best stuff is used for other characters like Damian, Bruce or Jason. Even Tim and Babs have stolen some of his traits. Nightwing just needs new exciting content.
    Yeah - some of that's unavoidable once "Robin" because a legacy character where they all stay active rather than replacing each other, but it's undeniably true. I hope that Dark Crisis and whatever spins out of it manages to make the Dick and Deathstroke emnity more of a thing in the DCU, and James Jr in his current Talon-y state is a great potential shared nemesis for a Dick and Barbara who currently both appear in the same book - but that's optimism rather than expectation!

Spectacular Member

I've been reading Cataclysm, again. That's the Nightwing I enjoy. It has really reminded me why Dick Grayson is my favorite character.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post

I think Nightwing‘s problem is that he doesn’t really have anything iconic or legendary to his mythos. A lot of the times his best stuff is used for other characters like Damian, Bruce or Jason. Even Tim and Babs have stolen some of his traits. Nightwing just needs new exciting content.
    Well since Tim Seeley doesn't mind m. It's would be a great time for a Grayson 12 issue series from the creative team. Have Nightwing and Grayson side by side. Nightwing would be "good vibes" and Grayson would be "epic adventures"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Well since Tim Seeley doesn't mind m. It's would be a great time for a Grayson 12 issue series from the creative team. Have Nightwing and Grayson side by side. Nightwing would be "good vibes" and Grayson would be "epic adventures"
    Hmmm, I don't know. Seeley's Robins run is still fresh in my mind. That was....well, free still cost too much.

I think he works best in concert with a strong editor or mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I think if you don't like this run then, sure, that interview isn't going to change your mind - but "Dick dates Barbara, and it actually works out for them" and "OK, he's based in Bludhaven.... And his plan basically works and he has a really positive effect on the city" are pretty much the only responsible way you can handle either of those elements, in my view. We don't need to see Bludhaven nuked for shock value, or for the run to go all Bruce and Selina on Dick and Barbara to show angst.

It's clear that DC has struggled with Nightwing for a long time as a property and as identity - and a big pitch of "give him some wins, he can do X, Y and Z" from a creative team with enough clout to fight off the obvious editorial urges ("What if he and Bruce had a big falling out?", "What if he fell in love with a sexy girl and a villain killed her?", "What if the Joker turned up and beat him up?") seems like a good thing to me. And better for "progressing" Nightwing than anything we've had for a long time - for one thing, if you don't like this title then it's sales and reception have increased Dick's presence in other books you might like more.
    I think it's fine if that's maybe the endgoal of those respective arcs and storylines, but maybe it wouldn't hurt to put a little more tension or in-depth effort into them? But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by OOPS View Post
    I've been reading Cataclysm, again. That's the Nightwing I enjoy. It has really reminded me why Dick Grayson is my favorite character.
    Indeed. Truly inspirational. Dixon/McDaniel can't be beat (IMHO):

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

An Arkham Knight glitch allows Nightwing to leave the challenge map and into the open world where his movement wasn't designed for it and made him able to land casually from the top of a tower onto the ground

https://twitter.com/i/status/1558853425172987905

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    An Arkham Knight glitch allows Nightwing to leave the challenge map and into the open world where his movement wasn't designed for it and made him able to land casually from the top of a tower onto the ground

https://twitter.com/i/status/1558853425172987905
    I knew this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTvl...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Felipe Silveira; 08-15-2022 at 11:24 AM.

Incredible Member

So, I've read that Dc Vs. Vampires back-up story and my question is...

...Is it too late to ask Emma Vieceli to write the Nightwing parts in the main series?

Incredible Member

We got 3 different Dick Grayson stories this week, and somehow the story in Nightwing main series was the least exciting.

World's finest was great, and the DC vs Vampires story was pretty good. The main Nightwing issue was mostly meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post

...Is it too late to ask Emma Vieceli to write the Nightwing parts in the main series?
    I haven't read it, but it's not hard to be better than Rosenberg.

Another mediocre issue of Nightwing. Redondo is fantastic, but the script is the weak point. Dick is very dumb in his own comic book. At least we have Waid.

The World's Finest issue was great. Dick getting to interact with animals, doing acrobatics and investigating while also getting to spend some time with Bruce and Clark is wonderful.

Moore's Dick looks younger than Mora's but it fit the vibe, for what is basically a one-shot I can overlook that discrepancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post

Maybe she can write a proper Adventures of Vamp King Dick tie-in.

I'm reserving judgement until I've seen more, but I enjoyed what she and Haining brought to back-up part 1. Dick sounds good, the Melinda inclusion makes sense and Haining's art really delivers on the emotions. I also think Vieceli writes very natural sounding dialogue.

World's Finest reminded me....

The New Titans (1984-1996) 060-000.jpg

BANNED

Loved the World's Finest issue. The new DC trinity really ought to be Superman, Batman and Robin!