Page 102 of 256 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3831
    Incredible Member

Gotham Knights Nightwing Funko Pop
    originalfunko_20220519_000649_1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they meant Jason Bard.
    Yep Jason bard!

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Dick Grayson is already free. And the films just ended diana and Steve for good
    Well than can Dick move on to diana then lol

Well I probably need that funko....
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Gotham Knights Nightwing Funko Pop
    originalfunko_20220519_000649_1.jpg
    Cute funko .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Well than can Dick move on to diana then lol
    Bruce KO her when she kissed him

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Nightwing & Historia Get Most Eisner Award Nominations For 2022

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/nigh...ions-for-2022/
    r #Nightwing series has been nominated for... FIVE EISNER AWARDS.
    Best Continuing Series.
    Best Single Issue/One Shot for issue #87.
    Best Lettering for Wes Abbott.
    Best Penciller/Inker AND Best Cover

Well deserved

Just read Nightwing #91. Loved it. Looking forward to the next issue.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    The problem with that is writers end up vying for control.

For a love interest to work properly, they need to be able to bounce off what the main character is doing and going through. Which becomes a lot harder when that love interest is carrying a different book with a different writer who may have different ideas. They end up playing tug of war with the characters, and that serves nobody.

You can bounce stories around the timeline, say "Oh this happened before that" or "this happened after" or whatever, but you're still throwing a wrench into the plans of writers and trying to make a relationship work that's controlled by two creators, each trying to treat their character as the star of the show.

Clark and Diana had this problem in the New52. It'd happen here as well. There's ways around it; ensure both books have the same writer, use overbearing editorial control, but a love interest who's in-house will work smoother and require less work.

I think I heard the same. And Seeley wasn't wrong, especially on books like Nightwing, creators don't tend to stick around long. I question whether it still applies though, with the new regime in place. Taylor and Action's PKJ have both said they're on for the long haul, it's possible the new folks in charge of DC aren't going to rotate creative teams as quickly as Didio did. But even if writers still move through books quickly, as long as editorial forces them to build on what came before, it'd work. The issue Dick has had since Infinite Crisis is that DC let each new writer start from scratch. If the new editorial doesn't allow that (and they never should have in the first place) then it's not a problem.

I also question just how intent DC is on ignoring anything that isn't Bat-centric with Dick now, we've had the Titans in the book quite a bit, as well as a lot of interaction with Jon and Clark (granted, Taylor's writing Jon's book too, which makes it easier). But that's only relevant if you want Dick dating a superhuman like Kori or Power Girl.
    I see wha youre saying, but Clark and Diana also have two pretty defined worlds that dont mesh well long term! Clark has a definitive love interests and a defined world. Wonder Woman has a defined world and somewhat of a defined love interest. Dick doesnt have any of that as far as I can see. It'd be like him being a part of Titans all over again. Thats the great things bout Nightwing is that his mythos is so bare that you can really create anything you want with him, but that also tends to be his greatest downfall as well. Dick doesnt have enough to stand on his own, so why not give the best of himself to someone else that isnt Batman or Titans. A character who is lacking what he can only offer them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Dick Grayson is already free. And the films just ended diana and Steve for good
    Eh Steve has been known as Diana's main love interest for the longest time. The movies kinda set it in stone. She also still has him in animated content as well. they got married in show I dont remember. I think Steve and Diana are good for mainstream recognition! ITs the same thing that happens with Batman and Catwoman. Its more about what happens in most content and whats popular with mainstream VS what happens in one piece of content and has a niche popularity..

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    Eh Steve has been known as Diana's main love interest for the longest time. The movies kinda set it in stone. She also still has him in animated content as well. they got married in show I dont remember. I think Steve and Diana are good for mainstream recognition! ITs the same thing that happens with Batman and Catwoman. Its more about what happens in most content and whats popular with mainstream VS what happens in one piece of content and has a niche popularity..
    Is he though?

How often does he appear in comics with Diana???
    Not as often as as Selina and Lois with their partners which has made them cemented love intrest. If anything he’s become the tragic lover since they can never be together in animation or live action. Which is problem in itself, why can’t she have a love. Then we have the whole DC ignoring Diana’s bisexuality and rather pairing her with Supes and Bats in most ainmation.

Give the general public a poll with Steve Batman and Superman Bruce will win unfortunately

Not similar situations at all here. Stay hopeful though.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    I see wha youre saying, but Clark and Diana also have two pretty defined worlds that dont mesh well long term! Clark has a definitive love interests and a defined world. Wonder Woman has a defined world and somewhat of a defined love interest. Dick doesnt have any of that as far as I can see. It'd be like him being a part of Titans all over again. Thats the great things bout Nightwing is that his mythos is so bare that you can really create anything you want with him, but that also tends to be his greatest downfall as well. Dick doesnt have enough to stand on his own, so why not give the best of himself to someone else that isnt Batman or Titans. A character who is lacking what he can only offer them.
    I don't disagree with the idea of putting Dick with someone who adds more than a love interest to his mythos.

I'm just saying that person can't be a solo star. They have to be under direct control of the Nightwing writer.

Someone like Power Girl, or Jade, or even Fire....nobody is gonna care if those characters are put under Nightwing's creative/editorial control and you won't have different writers trying to pull things in different directions, but they bring stuff with them you can add into Dick's mythos.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I don't disagree with the idea of putting Dick with someone who adds more than a love interest to his mythos.

I'm just saying that person can't be a solo star. They have to be under direct control of the Nightwing writer.

Someone like Power Girl, or Jade, or even Fire....nobody is gonna care if those characters are put under Nightwing's creative/editorial control and you won't have different writers trying to pull things in different directions, but they bring stuff with them you can add into Dick's mythos.
    I’m sorry but I just can’t get behind this idea.

It makes no sense, in a time of Black panther + Storm Rouge + Gambit. Like why not?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Nightwing is trending as Newsarama, Nicola Scott and Tom Taylor unveiled Nightwing #95 Summertime Swimsuit variant
    20220520_142008.jpg
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 05-20-2022 at 12:29 AM.