Page 138 of 256 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 3831

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    Well, its because Dick is out of character. Dick canonically is not a soft character or at least pre-rebirth. In most of his content even as Robin Dick was known as being overly-competent, too focused and controlling to the point that it drained his mental and physically energy and had zero time for his friends or people he considered family.
    That's been an issue for a while. Once the Robins got boiled down to "the nice one" "the angry one" "the smart one" etc., they all lost some of their depth. With Dick, he lost his edge, his temper, and his tendency to brood. People forget that Dick can be just as much an ******* as Bruce when he wants to be, and the major difference between them is that Bruce revels in it while Dick tries to rise above his flaws.

I think Taylor's done a better job than most lately, when it comes to handling Dick as a fully rounded character who isn't just the "nice, sexy one." But there's still some very obvious examples of that shallow definition that's still lingering. Too much for my tastes, but it *is* getting better.

With luck and a little quality, this treatment of all the Robins will fade away, now that they're all appearing in their own books. Hard to maintain that kind of thin, Ninja Turtles writing when each Robin is the star of their own show and require the full emotional range a main character demands.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    The ages here make me think they will go for a more Tim/Damian dynamic over what Dick/Damian is in the comics. So they will be more antagonistic towards each other as each are Robin. It is one of the problems I have with how diluted the Robin brand is overall where writers are just fitting in whatever Robin they want for the story.
    If Dick is still Robin when Damian becomes Robin (when in the main universe he was BATMAN!) then I'd say Jason and Tim have both been adapted out, and so elements of both will be transferred to Dick.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It’s funny becuase I see this energy
    Yet people also get upset if he’s not with with the batfamily or the titans for too long

There is no winning
    I mean, there can be a decent balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    We've seen how they write Damian in "Beast Boy loves Raven", so sticking to personalities in comics is not one of their priorities.

The fact that Dick and Damian closer in age makes it difficult that they could have symilar dynamic to "Baman and Robin". I doubt a young Dick would be so mature and patient with Damian.
    Damian in that felt enough like Damian to me. I think Dick can still come off more mature in comparison to Damian, especially since he's still older.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    18 - University
    19 - Nightwing
    20 - NTT
    21 - Killing Joke
    22 - Death in The Family
    23 - Knightfall
    24 - Bludhaven
    Timeline wise Killing Joke and Death in The Family happen all in the same year, and there isn't really much time between the two.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Timeline wise Killing Joke and Death in The Family happen all in the same year, and there isn't really much time between the two.
    Yeah that's just to fill things out. Originally Jason's time in NTT, KG Beast, Killing Joke, and Death happened in the same year I think

More info on The Robins back by Kami it will be released on March 7. What do you guys think about the plot?

Who the hell is Maxine Navarro? That character doesn't even have a wiki page, so she must be an OC. Surely there's plenty of actual Titans who could've taken her role in the story?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Who the hell is Maxine Navarro? That character doesn't even have a wiki page, so she must be an OC. Surely there's plenty of actual Titans who could've taken her role in the story?
    She first appeared in Kami's Raven book. The only other things I could think of is maybe she is already a Titan character and they are redesigning her. She is Raven's foster sister. My only guess if she isn't a real Titans. Maybe she is there as a new family member outside the titans.

Last edited by AmiMizuno; 07-04-2022 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    More info on The Robins back by Kami it will be released on March 7. What do you guys think about the plot?

So...Dick for leader?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post

Looks like Dick is yet again going to feel like a secondary character in a book that should be his.

The summary is quite run-of-the-mill but at least it reveals Dick cares for Damian. I hope Kami and Piccolo capture some of what made Dick and Damian have such a great dynamic in Batman & Robin even if the premise is different.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, there can be a decent balance.

Damian in that felt enough like Damian to me. I think Dick can still come off more mature in comparison to Damian, especially since he's still older.
    Even when a Nightwing and titans book run at the same time people are not happy there is no balance

Even when a Nightwing and titans book run at the same time people are not happy there is no balance
    I think that's more on the writing of both books than on the idea in general.

Extraordinary Member

I think that's more on the writing of both books than on the idea in general.
    I think there is just no pleasing everyone

I think there is just no pleasing everyone
    I mean, no, although I don't think it's impossible to please a lot of people but then we're probably getting into semantics .

Extraordinary Member

I mean, no, although I don't think it's impossible to please a lot of people but then we're probably getting into semantics .
    The last 13 years everyone wanted that proper Deathstroke and Nightwing rivalry returned. We got it yesterday and the reception to it is meh.

F9F3A361-4226-43F6-B621-5D75CCEB8A9C.jpg