Page 25 of 256 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Dick is mentioned by the interviewer, not by Williamson himself (but I guess the interview might have been scripted so the mention might still be deliberate?). I don't expect Dick to have a sizable role in this until there is actual info. He's likely going to be in a "superheroes mourning" spread page and gets to maybe comfort Damian (and Jon?).

I imagine they will go with the good old excuse of Dick can't protect Gotham or lead the JL because of Bruce's "death" because he has to protect Bludhaven or something. Basically letting other characters fill those roles that DC wants to promote instead of Dick when it would naturally fall on him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Dick is mentioned by the interviewer, not by Williamson himself (but I guess the interview might have been scripted so the mention might still be deliberate?). I don't expect Dick to have a sizable role in this until there is actual info. He's likely going to be in a "superheroes mourning" spread page and gets to maybe comfort Damian (and Jon?).
    We just won’t know until it happens, remember when he was suppose to be important during forever evil

DC has been trying to get the new guys going for a while now. None of them have really picked up much steam, but they have to shot their shot before whatever steam they might have is completely gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    We just won’t know until it happens, remember when he was suppose to be important during forever evil
    Dick was important to foreverevil, who else's butt could keep that chair warm but nightwing's lol

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I imagine they will go with the good old excuse of Dick can't protect Gotham or lead the JL because of Bruce's "death" because he has to protect Bludhaven or something. Basically letting other characters fill those roles that DC wants to promote instead of Dick when it would naturally fall on him.
    Or because Tom Taylor and Bruno Redondo are doing Titans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    DC has been trying to get the new guys going for a while now. None of them have really picked up much steam, but they have to shot their shot before whatever steam they might have is completely gone.
    ?
    They all really just got started? c’mon anyway steam is picked up by good animated adaptations, not the actual comics anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or because Tom Taylor and Bruno Redondo are doing Titans.
    Not sure I follow. Dick was on the Titans before when Bruce "died" and Dick took his place on the JL or became Batman in Gotham. DC obviously isn't doing that again, so they will have to find an excuse to prevent Dick from filling that role again. The last time this happened Bruce lost his memories and Jim Gordon became the new Batman and the excuse was Dick was pretending to be dead still in the Grayson book.

And I hope Redondo doesn't leave Nightwing for Titans. He is the main reason I still follow the Nightwing book.

?
    They all really just got started? c’mon anyway steam is picked up by good animated adaptations, not the actual comics anyway.
    It’s been about a year now, when this lands it’ll be over a year. With there even being series in between. The longer they go on, the more the novelty wears off.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It’s been about a year now, when this lands it’ll be over a year. With there even being series in between. The longer they go on, the more the novelty wears off.
    Comic book characters don’t become overnight sensations it takes time to build up characters, literally they may get only an issue a month. By all accounts Jon and Yara are doing well. I stand by that it’s great animations that make the characters really stay in audience mind.

Their future can’t be determined with only a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Not sure I follow. Dick was on the Titans before when Bruce "died" and Dick took his place on the JL or became Batman in Gotham. DC obviously isn't doing that again, so they will have to find an excuse to prevent Dick from filling that role again. The last time this happened Bruce lost his memories and Jim Gordon became the new Batman and the excuse was Dick was pretending to be dead still in the Grayson book.

And I hope Redondo doesn't leave Nightwing for Titans. He is the main reason I still follow the Nightwing book.
    I meant in the sense that they might relaunch or reorient the Titans int' a premier team.

I meant in the sense that they might relaunch or reorient the Titans int' a premier team.
    Ah, okay, but this is a JL event. So a new JL team will take over I imagine and get the focus. Since that is the point of removing the established JL heroes.

Been thinking something similar. Maybe with Taylor writing? Might be the shot in the arm the franchise needs, the JL finally out of the way would let the Titans be the premiere team.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Been thinking something similar. Maybe with Taylor writing? Might be the shot in the arm the franchise needs, the JL finally out of the way would let the Titans be the premiere team.
    I'm not sure if Taylor is the right person for Titans, he relies a lot on nostalgia and the Titans need some fresh ideas but at the same time nostalgia seems to sell well so maybe that's what the Titans need.

Comic book characters don’t become overnight sensations it takes time to build up characters, literally they may get only an issue a month. By all accounts Jon and Yara are doing well. I stand by that it’s great animations that make the characters really stay in audience mind.

Their future can’t be determined with only a year.
    One year obviously is a small sample size, but the point is there is a widow here. Their newness is part of they’re sell here, but that’s just depreciating more and more. Look at Jace, all the buzz was around his announcement and debut, but now I think it would surprise some people that he is even still around. They haven’t really been gaining any momentum this past year. I’m not judging their worth or potential. I’m just saying if they are gonna do something the more time they wait to do it, the harder it becomes for them to take off.
    Now I definitely think these characters were designed with future adaptation potential in mind, but I also think they are hoping for immediate results with them too. They aren’t going to sideline their biggest characters for a time just in hope it potentially pays off in other media years from now. The comic line still needs to keep the lights on.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-20-2022 at 03:47 AM.