Page 22 of 256 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Personally I’d just make her Dick’s bodyguard going forward. All the Titans seems unnecessary.
    This is just because Roland is so low level. Dick doesn't even need Donna, it's only because he's so public that he needs protection. If Roland steps up and we start seeing bigger threats, I'm sure it'll make more sense for all the Titans to be around. Plain and simple, they're only here because they just want to make sure nothing happens to Dick, not because he needs them to be there.

Anyways, with the book picking up finally, I'm hoping they do something with Roland. He's a knock-off Kingpin, but Kingpin is actually a big deal. I need him to step up a big way soon, and it can play out in the background with the next few Nightwing issues going to team-ups.

I gotta say, i would find Heartless more threatening if he took people's heart with his bare hands, his little gun is kinda lame.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    This is just because Roland is so low level. Dick doesn't even need Donna, it's only because he's so public that he needs protection. If Roland steps up and we start seeing bigger threats, I'm sure it'll make more sense for all the Titans to be around. Plain and simple, they're only here because they just want to make sure nothing happens to Dick, not because he needs them to be there.

Anyways, with the book picking up finally, I'm hoping they do something with Roland. He's a knock-off Kingpin, but Kingpin is actually a big deal. I need him to step up a big way soon, and it can play out in the background with the next few Nightwing issues going to team-ups.
    Nightwing doesn’t need Donna, or the Titans as they can’t have them fight all his battles nor should they break the power scale of his solo world. Dick on the other hand is just a dude though . After the Titans make their point, Dick Grayson then hiring Donna Troy to be his personal bodyguard going forward would act more as a public deterrent. Plus an excuse for her to be around more.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I gotta say, i would find Heartless more threatening if he took people's heart with his bare hands, his little gun is kinda lame.
    It’s silliness is growing on me, as is his coldness.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-18-2022 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It’s silliness is growing on me, as is his coldness.
    He's such an absurd villain, I'm really warming to him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post

This made me warm inside,
    EC874A82-878D-42C3-BEAD-BE6B492D58A0.jpg
    This is definitely just temporary the Titans will not and cannot be around all the time

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...aysOutOfGotham

But I hope they visit when they can. Just as I hope Nightwing makes appearance in flash in the future
    Last edited by Rac7d*; 01-18-2022 at 08:24 AM.

Astonishing Member

So Taylor's been going around the houses in his almost "Nightwing: Rebirth" style to touch on the major connections and eras in Dick's life. Barbara, Bruce, Tim, Jason, Clark and the Superman mythos, the Titans, Discowing, getting "fired" as Robin/the transition to Nightwing... Who/what are we missing?

Damian is the big one, although Taylor's playing nice with Williamson who's given them a big moment. Deathstroke. Otherwise there's Spyral, if Taylor wants to acknowledge it...

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    This made me warm inside,
    EC874A82-878D-42C3-BEAD-BE6B492D58A0.jpg
    This is definitely just temporary the Titans will not and cannot be around all the time

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...aysOutOfGotham

But I hope they visit when they can. Just as I hope Nightwing makes appearance in flash in the future
    Ah, the NTT roster! Now more age-appropriate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    So Taylor's been going around the houses in his almost "Nightwing: Rebirth" style to touch on the major connections and eras in Dick's life. Barbara, Bruce, Tim, Jason, Clark and the Superman mythos, the Titans, Discowing, getting "fired" as Robin/the transition to Nightwing... Who/what are we missing?

Damian is the big one, although Taylor's playing nice with Williamson who's given them a big moment. Deathstroke. Otherwise there's Spyral, if Taylor wants to acknowledge it...
    Helena/Huntress, which I guess goes into Spyral.

Speaking of Spyral, what happened to Tiger?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Speaking of Spyral, what happened to Tiger?
    Limbo limbo limbo

Im curious. Do you guys think Tom has made Nightwing unable to handle himself without others there ?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Lol if dick is to move on than dc needs to stop throw bones to kori or any other characters they don't plan on ever having a go with.
    Facts. Throw them all away!

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    She doesn't have to appear in every issue, I still want the comic to be mostly about Nightwing, but I feel like it would do her some good to appear semi-regularly at least. Oh I support the part with the David Bowie star shirts

This is the reason why I support the idea of his friends appearing more often in his comic because let's be real, DC treats most of them like ****. I have been checking the current comics and it looks like there is a new Wonder Girl, Garth also has been replaced and Roy has some of the worst stories DC has ever written and I personally feel like they all would be better off with Taylor. They don't have to appear regularly, but I wouldn't mind seeing them more frequently. Dick has a life outside of Batman and I wish more writers would remember it. I also barely remember anything about the New 52 so I will do what we always do and just remember the parts I liked and ignore the rest.
    Well, Taylor is a batfam enthusiast, so I'm not sure how well he would do with the Titans. Unlike with the Batfam, The Titans have only really showed up twice in a big capacity and they havent really been buit up at all to being a huge part of Dick's life! Only really as his protectors or body guards. Atleast, Babs and Tim got to be more than just helpers and be treated as part of Dick's family. The titans, not so much. Also, Taylor has actually liked really disrespectful tweets about Kory so id rather he not touch the Titans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Was this part of the Devin Grayson period?
    Why should this matter like at all? Next to Dixon, she is the next most prolific Nightwing Solo writer, and she also wrote a good bulk of Dick Babs in a relationship as well. I find it odd how a lot of the Dick Babs moments I see celebrated and posted actually come from either Dixon or Devin, but in the same breath, people will say that those two writers wrote them OOC. The point Ami was making was that the toxicicity happened regardless of the writer. It happened in multiple runs and one should acknowledge it whether they ship them or not.

Jorge Jimenez is drawing Nightwing again.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Im curious. Do you guys think Tom has made Nightwing unable to handle himself without others there ?
    Yes. ITs kinda presenting Dick as a child who needs to be watched. When Dick has actually made himself his own suits in the past, has taken out alien armies, top foes, but somehow could come up with a plan to protect himself and others from assassins who just randomly showed up at a event? I get it that we want a way for titans to show up or for Babs to be important. But Dick doesn't need a babysitter and so far that is how these characters are being presented.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I'm very indifferent to Babs these days, but at least she can fit into basically every corner of the DCU. So you aren't limiting yourself for stories.
    Ehh, this is something that's not exactly true either. Babs quite literally stays in Gotham 90% of the time! She doesn't really get out. BOP is in Gotham. Batfam is in Gotham. Her entire operation runs out of Gotham. She deosnt really do globe trotting or state hopping in any way. Remember, Babs whole thing is about being grounded and realistic. This is a direct contrast to do Dick, who likes to be able to be on the go and more of an idealist. In the same way Kory wouldn't be able to being half of Dick's stories, Babs wouldn't be able to either because it would go against her characterization. Babs is happy with her life being the way it is, the way she planned for it to be. There is also less of a need for Babs in most parts of the DCU because they already have more advanced tech than Babs can ever offer them. Babs is a product of her time and really hasn't been modernized at all to fit in with what Dick does. Seeing Babs lead the Titans in 88 was kinda cringe for this reason. She is perfect for Batfam and local stuff, but she certainly doesn't fit into every corner of the DCU and I dont think she actually wants to.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    Yes. ITs kinda presenting Dick as a child who needs to be watched. When Dick has actually made himself his own suits in the past, has taken out alien armies, top foes, but somehow could come up with a plan to protect himself and others from assassins who just randomly showed up at a event? I get it that we want a way for titans to show up or for Babs to be important. But Dick doesn't need a babysitter and so far that is how these characters are being presented.

Ehh, this is something that's not exactly true either. Babs quite literally stays in Gotham 90% of the time! She doesn't really get out. BOP is in Gotham. Batfam is in Gotham. Her entire operation runs out of Gotham. She deosnt really do globe trotting or state hopping in any way. Remember, Babs whole thing is about being grounded and realistic. This is a direct contrast to do Dick, who likes to be able to be on the go and more of an idealist. In the same way Kory wouldn't be able to being half of Dick's stories, Babs wouldn't be able to either because it would go against her characterization. Babs is happy with her life being the way it is, the way she planned for it to be. There is also less of a need for Babs in most parts of the DCU because they already have more advanced tech than Babs can ever offer them. Babs is a product of her time and really hasn't been modernized at all to fit in with what Dick does. Seeing Babs lead the Titans in 88 was kinda cringe for this reason. She is perfect for Batfam and local stuff, but she certainly doesn't fit into every corner of the DCU and I dont think she actually wants to.

Why work alone when you have friends who care and wasn’t to be there for you ? Unless you think that asking and accepting help is weakness? If you do you Proably don’t like Titans Robin or Nightwing stories. Man loves a good team up.

Oracle tends to work remotely she doesn’t need to go anywhere you come to her. She just dispatched the Titans becuase their closest to dick. She has contacts all over the Dceu, like Wade from Kim possible.

Yea I mean the Titans have Cyborg and Tim. They have alien tech. So really why would Babs need to join ? We also have the JL. They have Multiple people who are more intelligent than Babs or Bruce. So really she isn't needed on the same level. There has always been a reason Dc never tried to get her on titans for other groups. She isn't needed because the niche already filled. Like Dinah can be both since she fills more more than Babs. Huntress has too since she never fully in Batfam to begin with.

Babs never had an interest being outside of gotham. It's something that's been shown multiple Times. I believe they even had her be asked and she often said no.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-18-2022 at 10:51 AM.