Page 251 of 256 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 3831

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I mean, I imagine most of them have their own lives/adventures outside of just being based in Bludhaven. It's the same way Gotham can be filled with vigilantes and not step all over each other. Same applies to all the heroes in NYC over at Marvel.
    controversial?: most of the vigilantes in Gotham don't accomplish much.

I mean, I imagine most of them have their own lives/adventures outside of just being based in Bludhaven. It's the same way Gotham can be filled with vigilantes and not step all over each other. Same applies to all the heroes in NYC over at Marvel.
    That would be nice, although it's been a long time since we've seen the Titans have lives outside the Tower or do solo stuff.

I think what separates it from the Batfamily is they're co-ordinated street-level vigilantes while most of the Titans are in a decidedly different weight class.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    "Sorry we couldn't help you stop the Electrocutioner, Dick, we were busy dealing with a Gordanian freighter full of innocent people they kidnapped for the Vega system slave trade. Like you told us to. Because you're in charge, and you don't need us to take care of local street crime even if we could save you a few extra minutes and a few less bruises doing it."

I dunno man, seems pretty easy to justify to me.
    This is pretty much the way I see it playing out.

And I too think this will be a short term thing, so Taylor won't have to justify it for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Hell who knows, he's been sliding away from the Dixon status quo lately.
    And thank god for that.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I guess it goes into the question how "on call" and ready to help Dicks' extended Superhero friends and family should be within his own book.

Taylors' Dick doesn't always feel as self-sufficient as I'd like him to be.

Extraordinary Member

A lot of writers in the past have often commented on how Dick is essentially the heart of the superhero community and how one area where he excels further than his mentor are his leadership skills. I think it's been a long time coming that a writer finally puts focus on this facet of the character that seemed to be long abandoned since he rejoined the Bat-Family back in the '90s and Dixon started writing his ongoing. Lord knows they can't seem to do that in any Titans book.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

A lot of writers in the past have often commented on how Dick is essentially the heart of the superhero community and how one area where he excels further than his mentor are his leadership skills. I think it's been a long time coming that a writer finally puts focus on this facet of the character that seemed to be long abandoned since he rejoined the Bat-Family back in the '90s and Dixon started writing his ongoing. Lord knows they can't seem to do that in any Titans book.
    I think that's all well and good, it just depends how much one can tolerate or expects other heroes to be involved in or take up space in a characters' solo book.

Although I think he's demonstrated leadership skills in the Batfamily from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that's all well and good, it just depends how much one can tolerate or expects other heroes to be involved in or take up space in a characters' solo book.

Although I think he's demonstrated leadership skills in the Batfamily from time to time.
    Yes, for the last 20 years we've had Dick leading the League, the Titans, the Outsiders and Batfam, as Nightwing, Batman and Agent 37.

I guess it goes into the question how "on call" and ready to help Dicks' extended Superhero friends and family should be within his own book.

Taylors' Dick doesn't always feel as self-sufficient as I'd like him to be.
    Yeah, connecting Dick to his friends and family is all fine and dandy until his problemsolving skills must suffer for it, and they already have since Taylor took over. The Titans aren't gonna make it better. Blüdhaven also remains far from fleshed out, one of the reasons for that being the constant involvement of outside characters who take away panel time. Even Haley had to dream of Gotham villains.

The Titans in Blüdhaven also feels like another cheap attempt to keep Dick in Blüdhaven and close to Gotham at all times.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, most of them have had relatively small rolls (practically cameos), so I don't think they've taken a whole lot of space, tbh.

Really? IDK, I think it's kind of hard to demonstrate leadership skills when you're always playing second fiddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    The Titans in Blüdhaven also feels like another cheap attempt to keep Dick in Blüdhaven and close to Gotham at all times.
    I may disagree with the rest, but as much as I'm enjoying Taylor's run, I am also all for getting Dick as far away from the Bat Family as possible.

I mean, most of them have had relatively small rolls (practically cameos), so I don't think they've taken a whole lot of space, tbh.
    I know but even in that sense I feel like in what page-space they were used they shook up the book, the power dynamic, and Dick as a solo hero too much in his own series.
    Really? IDK, I think it's kind of hard to demonstrate leadership skills when you're always playing second fiddle.
    Considering how Bruce is often depicted in these stories, you'd be surprised.
    I may disagree with the rest, but as much as I'm enjoying Taylor's run, I am also all for getting Dick as far away from the Bat Family as possible.
    Even harder to do that when he and Babs are practically attached at the hip .

I know but even in that sense I feel like in what page-space they were used they shook up the book, the power dynamic, and Dick as a solo hero too much in his own series.

Considering how Bruce is often depicted in these stories, you'd be surprised.

Even harder to do that when he and Babs are practically attached at the hip .
    Almost like I was right about babs ties him down to Gotham and batfamily. Go figure

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Almost like I was right about babs ties him down to Gotham and batfamily. Go figure
    This was always the plan and why Dixon included her in the first place. The goal was for the Batman characters to basically be their own area of DC and be tight knit (hence the idea of the Batfam comming into play with No Mans Land). He confirms this several times in his YouTube videos. Which also confirms that Dick Babs was never meant to be an end game thing or a big thing at all. It was really devin grayson and Scott beatty who cemented this idea that Dick Babs need to date in order for the Batfam corner to be complete. They just turned Babs into the Batfam version of Starfire. If you read Scott’s blogposts, he confirms this in multiple pieces that he has written.

As for the titans in Nightiwng solo, I am super happy for titans fans finally getting some content, but why does it have to be at the expense of Nighriwng solo? After 99, we go back to deviating from the plot. And it’s just annoying at this point. This book doesn’t even feel like Nightwing solo, it’s Nightwing and Batfam or Nightwing and Titans. No in between it feels. I’m starting to think this was the plan all along and that Nightwing solo was not what they wanted but saw it was a good way for other characters to get a spot light. At this point, this book is just as much Bab’s book as it is Dick’s.

Extraordinary Member

Urban legends was fun. I like a good Oracle and Nightwing team up

Incredible Member

Fun issue of Nightwing and also enjoyed Dark Crisis 7 for what it was.

I guess issue 100 is just Nightwing deciding to form a new Titans team? Anything else will come straight out of left field given how little buildup Taylor has done.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/