Page 169 of 256 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 3831
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackJustMetMartin View Post
    Except comic-sales-wise I'm pretty sure Nightwing actually outperforms some/most of the "7 main justice leaguers". He's a safe bet in comic form, why ruin that?

https://www.comicbookrevolution.com/...ales-rankings/
    That's actually a pretty new phenomenon pre pandemic Superman, Wonder Woman and depending on the run Green Lantern and Flash, would usually have higher or at least comparable sales.

But somehow DC has managed to completely tank the sales of everything not Batfamily, in the past 1-3 years.

And I'm honestly suprised how good Taylors run is doing, with how slow ans low stakes it feels.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Pre pandemic Superman would be Bendis and Wonder Woman was doing that Max Lord arc
    Understandable

Wait I mistake what you said

I guess that means the Big 7 buyers are mainly physical, comic book store goers?

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    That's actually a pretty new phenomenon pre pandemic Superman, Wonder Woman and depending on the run Green Lantern and Flash, would usually have higher or at least comparable sales.

But somehow DC has managed to completely tank the sales of everything not Batfamily, in the past 1-3 years.

And I'm honestly suprised how good Taylors run is doing, with how slow ans low stakes it feels.
    I think that helps it. Taylor is delivering "feel good" comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Dick is currently a golden retriever.

Earth-2 Dick Grayson is in the variant cover for the new JSA book.
    Probably just for the variant cover, tho.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Very retro .

Spectacular Member

I agree with this. Stakes are artificial in an perpetually ongoing comic, and Taylor acknowledges that the audience is aware.

I'd argue that produces a more enjoyable story, but that varies depending on the reader.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Yeah, this is the 70s team. Star Spangled Kid became Skyman and founded Infinity Inc., then was killed off, and of course, replaced by Stargirl in the 90s JSA.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I’m glad that’s an old photo. It’s a truly hideous Robin outfit.

I know some fans are fine with him being an adult Robin...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    I agree with this. Stakes are artificial in an perpetually ongoing comic, and Taylor acknowledges that the audience is aware.

I'd argue that produces a more enjoyable story, but that varies depending on the reader.
    Dick Grayson has gone through every kind of stake imaginable minus one from te heart but DC vs vampires might change that lol.
    No really he deserves good things after that last decade he had.

The sister gets a Superhero identity?

The sister gets a Superhero identity?
    It's the Nightwing version of Bat-mite.

There is a lot of Dick Grayson, from Robin to Nightwing, in November and that is only going by what the solicits say (like he is not mentioned in the Worlds Finest, but he might be in the book).

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-comics...tent=newsarama

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

BATMAN - ONE BAD DAY: MR. FREEZE
    Written by GERRY DUGGAN
    Art and cover by MATTEO SCALERA
    Variant cover by JIM LEE, SCOTT WILLIAMS, and ALEX SINCLAIR
    1:25 variant cover by SWEENEY BOO
    1:50 variant cover by CULLY HAMNER
    1:100 variant cover by BRIAN BOLLAND Premium variant cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI and ARIF PRIANTO
    $7.99 US | 64 pages | Prestige (all covers are card stock)
    ON SALE 11/15/22
    Going back to the Dark Knight's early days in Gotham City: Batman and Robin, Dick Grayson, face down the coldest winter Gotham City has ever seen. A winter so cold that Mr. Freeze, Victor Fries, no longer needs his containment suit to survive; he is in an element where he can thrive. Robin empathizes with Mr. Freeze, all Freeze wants to do is save his wife, Nora—but Batman warns Robin not to give his empathy to Victor Fries. He's a man who decided his own fate a long time ago and he deserves none of our warmth. And this winter... he will show his true wickedness and power. The powerhouse creative team of bestselling writer GERRY DUGGAN (X-Men, Deadpool, Arkham Manor) and MATTEO SCALERA (WHITE KNIGHT PRESENTS: HARLEY QUINN, Black Science) brings you Mr. Freeze's most frigid story yet.

NIGHTWING 2022 ANNUAL
    Written by TOM TAYLOR
    Art and cover by EDUARDO PANSICA & JULIO FERREIRA
    $5.99 US | 48 pages
    ON SALE 11/29/22
    Who is Heartless? Find out who the villain is behind the platinum mask, and why he only collects the hearts of some victims and not others…and why he has no heart himself.
    Then: Bitewing: Year One! Follow Haley in her first year with her humans Nightwing and Batgirl and see how she takes a bite out of crime in her first year becoming Bitewing!

BATMAN - KNIGHTWATCH #4 (He appears in the cover of this one)
    Written by J. TORRES
    Art by MARCELO DI CHIARA
    Cover by ERICH OWEN
    $2.99 US | 32 pages | 4 of 5
    ON SALE 12/6/22
    Firefly exacts revenge on the people who ruined his movie career and put him in jail by setting buildings on fire across the city. Batman has to figure out who is on Firefly's list to predict where he will strike next.

BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHTS – GILDED CITY #2
    Written by EVAN NARCISSE
    Art by ABEL
    Cover by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
    Variant cover by MIKE PERKINS
    $4.99 US | 32 pages | 2 of 6 | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 11/22/22
    More than a century in Gotham's past, the mysterious hero known as the Runaway investigates a rash of disappearances targeting the city's working class. In the present, it's Batman versus Nightwing! The Dark Knight's further research into the volatile Golden Iris Virus leads him to Blüdhaven, and his former partner isn't happy to see him.
    Each issue will also offer a code for readers to redeem in the Gotham Knights game for an exclusive item. For issue 2, readers will receive a code for an exclusive skin variant for Nightwing's escrima sticks! Readers who redeem the codes for all 6 issues will receive a special 7th item!
    *Terms Apply. See the FAQs on dc.com for details.

BATMAN: URBAN LEGENDS #21
    Written by MICHAEL CHO, ANTHONY FALCONE, JOEY ESPOSITO, DENNIS CULVER and JULIO ANTLE
    Art by MICHAEL CHO, VASCO GEORGEIV, HAYDEN SHERMAN, and others
    Cover by MICHAEL CHO
    Variant cover by JORGE FORNÉS
    Variant cover by EDWIN GALMON
    $7.99 US | 64 pages | Prestige
    (all covers are card stock)
    ON SALE 11/8/22
    This month's issue brings you the Dynamic Duo pushing the Batmobile to its absolute limits. The Murder Club has thrown Batman's life into chaos—how will Robin, Alfred and Nightwing keep him together? Arkham Academy opens its doors to its first-ever class of students related to Gotham's greatest villains—will they make the grade? And we see Renee Montoya's last days as a detective before she became Gotham City's newest commissioner.

BATMAN: URBAN LEGENDS #22
    Written by JAMAL CAMPBELL, JOEY ESPOSITO, DENNIS CULVER and YEDOYE TRAVIS
    Art by JAMAL CAMPBELL, VASCO GEORGEIV, HAYDEN SHERMAN,and others
    Cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL
    Variant cover by TRAVIS MERCER
    Variant cover by HAYDEN SHERMAN
    $7.99 US | 64 pages | Prestige
    (all covers are card stock)
    ON SALE 12/13/22
    All-star creator Jamal Campbell begins a two-part Nightwing story featuring new villain the Director, who films crime scenes. The Murder Club and the Court of Owls create a mystery too deep for Batman to solve as the Bat-Family crumbles. Arkham Academy gets a guest instructor who doesn't care whether the students live or die. And in a story set in Gotham's past, Anarky empowers the citizens of Gotham City with Batman's tools.

DC VS. VAMPIRES #11
    Written by MATTHEW ROSENBERG and JAMES TYNION IV
    Art by OTTO SCHMIDT
    Cover by GUILLEM MARCH
    Variant cover by NATHAN SZERDY
    1:25 variant cover by STEVE BEACH
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 11 of 12 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 11/22/22
    Humanity's final battles against King Nightwing and his vampire armies have seemingly failed on all three fronts. Who lives? Who dies? As all hope is extinguished, will the surviving heroes be able to stop the extinction of the human race?

NIGHTWING #98
    Written by TOM TAYLOR
    Art by DANIELE DI NICUOLO
    Cover by BRUNO REDONDO
    Variant cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL
    1:25 variant cover by DAN HIPP
    '90s Cover Month variant cover by BRIAN STELFREEZE
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 11/15/22
    Nightwing meets Nite-Mite! (And Bitewing and Oracle and Daniele Di Nicuolo!) That's right, that meddling Nite-Mite booped himself from the fifth dimension, and after reading Seven Secrets, he hitchhiked his way over with Di Nicuolo into our Nightwing series! Trust us, you're not going to want to miss this one.

TITANS UNITED: BLOODPACT #3
    Written by CAVAN SCOTT
    Art by LUCAS MEYER
    Cover by EDDY BARROWS
    Variant cover by DERRICK CHEW
    1:25 variant cover by FICO OSSIO
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 3 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 11/15/22
    Titans no more. As the Church of the Raven closes in on a strangely altered world, Batman and Robin face their deadliest foe yet—Starfire!

HARLEY QUINN: THE ANIMATED SERIES: LEGION OF BATS! #2
    Written by TEE FRANKLIN
    Art by SHAE BEAGLE
    Cover by YOSHI YOSHITANI
    Variant cover by DAN HIPP
    1:25 variant cover by JON SOMMARIVA
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 2 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 11/15/22
    While out shopping for new outfits at the New Gotham Mall, Harley and Ivy stumble across a possible recruit…but are they recruiting for good or for bad? And what loser(s) would dare to show up and ruin their shopping extravaganza? A very pissed-off Clock King and a butthurt Riddler. Meanwhile, Nightwing and Batgirl follow up on a lead that sends Harley reeling…as many villains' plans come to light. Everyone is out to tear our girls apart!