Page 162 of 256 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 3831
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Anyone read Batgirls? Dick didn't show up in this issue, but he was mentioned - they fight KGBeast, prompting the narration to mention Dick being Ric for a year!
    Screw up my timeline again will they? FFS OKAY

So The Rebirth events about the whole second Superman, Tim not remembering Kon, Nightwing was advised to go to Bludhaven and so on didn't happen, since currently everyone remember everything...
    (Deep breath)
    The actual current timeline started with Damian's 13th birthday and Super Sons, skip over a bunch of timeline confusion from all those characters mentioned above, straight to Dark Nights Metal, Snyder's League, Rules of Engagement, Dick getting shot, and then the bulk of the year is Sad Sack Batman, Ric Grayson, Heroes in Crisis, Requiem for Arsenal, and City of Bane, then finished off with Joker War.

Death Metal doesn't count because it's erased from the timeline. It exists, and people remember it, but it no longer count in the timeline.

Like I don't even know if Tim "died" this time, because that counts for The Problem Where People Try To Bring Back Post Crisis. I don't remember. Who cares.

Edit

I just remembered that we still have the whole Remembering Past Canon thing so that's the simple solution, they remember how long it happened originally.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-11-2022 at 06:10 AM.

Thats a very interesting definition of a "simple solution".

Damian's 13th birthday was at the start of Rebirth and he's now 14, so it is established that more than a year has passed in-universe since 2016. But the timeline is iffy if the Ric Grayson period was an entire year, as that would mean Damian would actually be closer to his 15th birthday.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Death, taxes, Nightwing needing to be rescued.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Death, taxes, Nightwing needing to be rescued.
    It's just a variant cover.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Anyone read Batgirls? Dick didn't show up in this issue, but he was mentioned - they fight KGBeast, prompting the narration to mention Dick being Ric for a year!

Is DC vs Vampires even in the main universe? If it's AU, we can assume the timeline just branched off after Taylor's Nightwing started, hence why he has Haley there.

That should be it's own thread.
    DC vs Vampires is AU completely. I think they are just synergizing with the current run. Its been done before. But we know is AU since the way Dick calls Starfire "Tim's Precious."

Incredible Member
    Last edited by Veni; 08-11-2022 at 01:59 PM.

Incredible Member

Chibi Nightwing by Maru Davalos
    FJbOq6nXMAEbPxo.jpg

Incredible Member

Chibi Nightwing and Starfire
    FKEIK6-WUAQmNA_.jpg
    FKEILQ1WQAApDjQ.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Be careful some dickbabs fans in here wouldn't take this lightly lol

I'll take my DickxKory where I can get it .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'll take my DickxKory where I can get it .
    Me too.

So I guess if anyone doesn’t like the whole “happiness, positive, Dick never looses, no stakes” writing from the current run, this interview all but confirms that Taylor’s goal with this run is just to have a happy, positive, Dick never looses, no stakes” run for vibes. Lol it pretty much confirms a lot of theories/hunches some of you had. I don’t think this run is gonna make Dick A-list, but if vibes is what you want, I’d say Taylor is doing his job lol this run was never about progressing Nightiwng or doing someone incredibl/iconic. It was just positive vibes.

https://screenrant.com/nightwing-tom...iew-comic-con/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    So I guess if anyone doesn’t like the whole “happiness, positive, Dick never looses, no stakes” writing from the current run, this interview all but confirms that Taylor’s goal with this run is just to have a happy, positive, Dick never looses, no stakes” run for vibes. Lol it pretty much confirms a lot of theories/hunches some of you had. I don’t think this run is gonna make Dick A-list, but if vibes is what you want, I’d say Taylor is doing his job lol this run was never about progressing Nightiwng or doing someone incredibl/iconic. It was just positive vibes.

https://screenrant.com/nightwing-tom...iew-comic-con/
    I think if you don't like this run then, sure, that interview isn't going to change your mind - but "Dick dates Barbara, and it actually works out for them" and "OK, he's based in Bludhaven.... And his plan basically works and he has a really positive effect on the city" are pretty much the only responsible way you can handle either of those elements, in my view. We don't need to see Bludhaven nuked for shock value, or for the run to go all Bruce and Selina on Dick and Barbara to show angst.

It's clear that DC has struggled with Nightwing for a long time as a property and as identity - and a big pitch of "give him some wins, he can do X, Y and Z" from a creative team with enough clout to fight off the obvious editorial urges ("What if he and Bruce had a big falling out?", "What if he fell in love with a sexy girl and a villain killed her?", "What if the Joker turned up and beat him up?") seems like a good thing to me. And better for "progressing" Nightwing than anything we've had for a long time - for one thing, if you don't like this title then it's sales and reception have increased Dick's presence in other books you might like more.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I think if you don't like this run then, sure, that interview isn't going to change your mind - but "Dick dates Barbara, and it actually works out for them" and "OK, he's based in Bludhaven.... And his plan basically works and he has a really positive effect on the city" are pretty much the only responsible way you can handle either of those elements, in my view. We don't need to see Bludhaven nuked for shock value, or for the run to go all Bruce and Selina on Dick and Barbara to show angst.

It's clear that DC has struggled with Nightwing for a long time as a property and as identity - and a big pitch of "give him some wins, he can do X, Y and Z" from a creative team with enough clout to fight off the obvious editorial urges ("What if he and Bruce had a big falling out?", "What if he fell in love with a sexy girl and a villain killed her?", "What if the Joker turned up and beat him up?") seems like a good thing to me. And better for "progressing" Nightwing than anything we've had for a long time - for one thing, if you don't like this title then it's sales and reception have increased Dick's presence in other books you might like more.
    To each their own! I think Nightwing struggles yeah but like Nightwing rebirth was doing pretty good aside from the Percy and Ric stuff (whcih I still think Ric era is unfairly critiqued). N52 Nightwing and Grayson also did pretty good. Idk I just still don’t think Nightwing is doing anything now that he hasn’t already done before. His sales have always been like this. I agree that nuking bludhaven or murdering his girlfriend is necessary. But you can have a fun and exciting gripping story that also isn’t about nuking a city. I just think that the way Nightwing is currently written under Taylor isn’t doing anything for him other than just vibes. Which like I said is fine if you enjoy that, but then other people who don’t, I mean now they can confirm their feelings since we know exactly what Taylor wants to do with his run.

I think Nightwing‘s problem is that he doesn’t really have anything iconic or legendary to his mythos. A lot of the times his best stuff is used for other characters like Damian, Bruce or Jason. Even Tim and Babs have stolen some of his traits. Nightwing just needs new exciting content.