Page 40 of 256 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I don't care much about Superman but the description for it sounds interesting so I might check it out. Does it only has 4 issues?
    4 issues is a set-up mini showing how the team came together. Their current adventures are happening in Action Comics since #1036. There was also a Batman/Superman Authority Special that had some Midnighter action, but it wasn't as good as the other two.

Wait, is the Waid-Mora World's Finest out already? Thought that wasn't for months yet? Crap I need to get that my LCS better have put one in my pull box!

Mora's design is the perfect update to the original costume, but that shouldn't surprise any of us; remember the Bat-Power Rangers stuff he did? Best redesigns for the Bats I've seen in ages and Mora did it for LoL's. Dude's talent is incredible, and unlike most comic book artists, he actually knows how to do design.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Wait, is the Waid-Mora World's Finest out already? Thought that wasn't for months yet? Crap I need to get that my LCS better have put one in my pull box!

Mora's design is the perfect update to the original costume, but that shouldn't surprise any of us; remember the Bat-Power Rangers stuff he did? Best redesigns for the Bats I've seen in ages and Mora did it for LoL's. Dude's talent is incredible, and unlike most comic book artists, he actually knows how to do design.
    It's not out, DC released their first story in the back-up of last week's TEC.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I'm curious if we can ever get a nightwing animated movie but it can't be based on any of the rest stories. What would be a great story to have it be? And if we get a movie do you guys think we will finally get the animated series

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It's not out, DC released their first story in the back-up of last week's TEC.
    Ah okay, thanks for the heads up.

Hmm....I might have to get that issue of 'Tec then......

Honestly, Waid writing the Big 2 isn't a huge draw for me, I've seen him write them before and I know Waid will do right by them but it's not anything I find exciting, yknow? But Mora? I'll probably buy this for his art alone.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Dick's in all three stories of last week's Tec - as Nightwing in the main one and as Robin in both backups. Definitely worth it if you're a Dick Grayson fan.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Many want Dick to be in the Batgirl movie but what would be his role and two the movie might finish in March. So I guess he could make a last min one. If they are following Batgirl year one to a bit of accurate I guess supplying her with weapons.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-01-2022 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Many want Dick to be in the Batgirl movie but what would be his role and two the movie might finish in March. So I guess he could make a last min one. If they are following Batgirl year one to a bit of accurate I guess supplying her with weapons.
    For what it's worth, Babs: Y1 was most enjoyable (IMHO):

I'm curious if we can ever get a nightwing animated movie but it can't be based on any of the rest stories. What would be a great story to have it be? And if we get a movie do you guys think we will finally get the animated series
    He's been in several of the Teen Titans related movies already.

Extraordinary Member

When it comes to a solo movie, DC bases their movies most of the time on some really popular comic storyline, and I don't think there is Nightwing solo story that has reached that level on popularity.

When it comes to series, I think it would for DC also make more sense to put him on team (and they have already done so in Teen Titans and Young Justice) than to go for a solo Nightwing series.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Dick's in all three stories of last week's Tec - as Nightwing in the main one and as Robin in both backups. Definitely worth it if you're a Dick Grayson fan.
    DC put some thought into lining these three stories up, that's for sure.

I like how Tamaki framed Dick's and Helena's relationship even if it came a little out of nowhere, would have been nice to see them interact in Tec before now. Dick getting to do some damage against Metallo in the World's Finest teaser was very satisfying.

He'll appear as a cameo or in the post-credits scene, maybe both. I don't think he'll have any relevancy in the Batgirl movie.

Extraordinary Member

I hope he’s a stinger character at the end just a “Hello Bruce” in the bat cave and Babs says “so your the boy wonder”. That’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    When it comes to series, I think it would for DC also make more sense to put him on team (and they have already done so in Teen Titans and Young Justice) than to go for a solo Nightwing series.
    They do seem to use him to hold up groups that don't have any name draws, that's for sure.

Which is sort of fitting, in a way, but I loathe the idea that it might get in the way of his solo development.

As for animated stuff, who the hell knows? There's good stories they could adapt, Dixon and Taylor's runs are obvious starting points. Percy's motorcycle death race could be a ton of fun and I don't think they'd have to burn too much time with the setup. The Grayson series would be a fantastic film if they twisted the details and left Dick in the Nightwing suit. I suppose there's Year 1 as well, though I never read it and didn't hear good things. And there's stuff like New Order and that YA OGN circus story, the name of which escapes me currently.

Dick doesn't have a story on the level of All-Star Superman or Dark Knight Returns, but there are a lot of good stories in his regular publishing that could work as an animated thing, with minimal adjustment.

Watched that JSA animated film last night, the one that follows the Man of Tomorrow film and I'll be damned if it wasn't horrible. Better than the live action films at any rate, and I got a vague MCU vibe from it. And I found myself thinking that Nightwing would fit the tone and animation style these films are going for pretty well.

~ Black Panther.

In a Nightwing movie how much Batman should be in it in your opinion and what supporting cast would work best for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    In a Nightwing movie how much Batman should be in it in your opinion and what supporting cast would work best for him?
    It depends how you handle it and what Dick's relationship with Bruce should be.

I think you can probably make flashbacks/mentions of Batman work, while maybe he shows up at the end for some kind of recollimation/proud of you moment.