Page 80 of 256 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 3831
    Amazing Member

I like Dick Grayson and I like him as Night Wing. I've heard somewhere that he is Batman's greatest success and I agree with it

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

E2 Dick/Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    E2 Dick/Oracle
    That beard...

Incredible Member

I feel like Taylor is probably going to wrap his run up pretty soon after issue #100.

Hopefully the success of the book attracts another high level team. Prayers for Mark Waid or Williamson!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    I feel like Taylor is probably going to wrap his run up pretty soon after issue #100.

Hopefully the success of the book attracts another high level team. Prayers for Mark Waid or Williamson!
    Oh, I'd put money on quite the opposite! I'd put a small amount of money on, when it's all said and done, #100 being less than halfway - it feels like some of the wheel-spinning we've seen in the book recently is to hold developments back until after Dark Crisis, and then make a big splash.

Of course, it depends on what you count - I wouldn't rule out a Taylor/Redondo Titans that was basically a continuation of this run for instance - or if Superman - Son Of Kal-El is planned to end once Clark comes back to Earth in Action Comics, Taylor launching a specific Dick and Jon title.

For me: Priest, MacKay or Thompson. Zdarsky is now out of the deck.

Incredible Member

I actually hope for Williamson. He's a competent writer, and he did a good job with Damian.
    But would Taylor like to leave the Nightwing book next year?

Dick is still amongst the top 50 ICV2 list of March, but this list is getting really depressing - https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...ics-march-2022
    Trials of the Amazons, the war for earth 3 crossover, and even SSOK 9, and even the last 2 issues of Tec' didn't make it to this list.
    It's kind of depressing that none of the new DC mini-events is generating any interest (although war for earth 3 was incredibly bad).

I hope DC would give Nightwing to a competent writer once Taylor's run ends. He's currently one of their only books to regularly make it to this list.

Extraordinary Member

I doubt it, he’s staying on this run as long as he likes and DC has no reason to interrupt

69738D19-A983-4DE1-BF58-6269D74728FB.jpg

Dark crisis 2 is burning it to the ground

Astonishing Member

You know, I have a vested interest as a Dick fan and have said this elsewhere - but if Deathstroke's relationship with Dick and the Titans is a significant part of Dark Crisis, then I really hope the "Deathstroke Year One" flashback arc that Deathstroke Inc is doing during the event is retelling the story of Grant's death, rather than how Slade got his super soldier serum or something. Use it to feed in the backstory to the whole thing.

Where are people getting the notion that Taylor plans on leaving? He’s said the opposite multiple times, that he plans on sticking around for a while and his sales seem strong enough for DC to keep him on the book. Especially since I don’t see him taking over a bigger book with the main Batman books accounted for and Williamson likely relaunching JL.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Slade vs Dick! Thank you Williamson .

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Where are people getting the notion that Taylor plans on leaving? He’s said the opposite multiple times, that he plans on sticking around for a while and his sales seem strong enough for DC to keep him on the book. Especially since I don’t see him taking over a bigger book with the main Batman books accounted for and Williamson likely relaunching JL.
    This thread is fueled by drama.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    This thread is fueled by drama.
    I just assume the days of super long runs are over unless its Batman or Spiderman. Staying on past #100 is a pretty decent sized run and it feels like his Heartless plot is being paced to end around that time.

No drama. Hope he stays as long as he is willing. I doubt he stays on the book without Redondo as it seems like a joint venture and artist do not usually stay on a title more than 30 issues anymore.

Plus its fun to speculate. Really DC continues to build off success and we get high profile teams.

I just assume the days of super long runs are over unless its Batman or Spiderman. Staying on past #100 is a pretty decent sized run and it feels like his Heartless plot is being paced to end around that time.

No drama. Hope he stays as long as he is willing. I doubt he stays on the book without Redondo as it seems like a joint venture and artist do not usually stay on a title more than 30 issues anymore.

Plus its fun to speculate. Really DC continues to build off success and we get high profile teams.
    We'll see, right now there is no reason for him to leave and he already said that he plan on staying for the long haul.
    Bruno is also having a great time on the title and getting the recognition for it. The only reason i see him leaving is to go to another title, but he loves to work with Taylor. Also, Jess Chen keeps saying that the team loves to work togheter.

As long as the books sells and DC don't interfere, i think they can be a team that sticks for more than 30 issues.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I'm largely past the point where I fear DC pulling the plug prematurely. They did that in the past (some of it semi-recent with Percy) but the title is currently one of their most consistent and best sellers; they'd have to be crazy *and* stupid to screw with that success.

But that success also means Taylor and Redando can leave when they want for basically any book they want. It's rare for creators to stay for more than two, maybe three years now. I know Taylor has said he plans on sticking around a good long while and they seem to be having a ton of fun with the book so I'm not *really* worried, but after years of DC abusing Nightwing and his fans, I struggle with the idea that the abuse might actually *stop.*

In any case, I'm going to enjoy this as long as it lasts and I see no legit reason to think the creative team is going anywhere anytime soon. But my fandom has scars that haven't healed, and I take nothing for granted.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.